NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t had a forfeit in my fifteen years at the club. But don’t let facts get in the way of your saltiness
Would of had a few last year if some of your ones players didn’t play the warm up game. Will there be Friday msgs next season pleading for past players to help out?

Would of had a few last year if some of your ones players didn’t play the warm up game. Will there be Friday msgs next season pleading for past players to help out?
How many NFNL clubs would have forfeited games without Under 19's doubling up or asking past players to help out. Montmorency one of the strongest clubs in the league were doing this last season!

Balwyn literally the strongest team in the state many years in a row had an article about forfeiting in the reserves!

Sounds like you know an awful lot about the inner workings of the Turtles. You sound like a bitter ex player? Its actually getting embarrassing!

How many NFNL clubs would have forfeited games without Under 19's doubling up or asking past players to help out. Montmorency one of the strongest clubs in the league were doing this last season!

Balwyn literally the strongest team in the state many years in a row had an article about forfeiting in the reserves!

Sounds like you know an awful lot about the inner workings of the Turtles. You sound like a bitter ex player? Its actually getting embarrassing!
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Feeling a bit crook, been celebrating with the Reservoir boys. They’ve already penciled in 2 wins and a massive percentage boost. Down side is their Reserves look like having 2 walkovers. Half the Turtles boys in magoos pulling the pin.
I don’t see this being a 2019 success story but can’t see it being a bad thing... especially in another 4-5 years as the area gets used to having another team in suburban footy.

Coming from where we did (Lalor) only 8 months ago, this is a survival effort that has merit and i’m More than happy to help them in whatever way I can (competing President or not)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take what your saying aboard and I will agree with what your saying. Leadership and experience in this particular comp with Lalor having such a young list will be priceless and yes i also agree that players between say 28-33ish can definitely lead the charge and show the younger players the way in terms of training ethic, match day preparation and also recovery too. I am not bagging you out, im actually agreeing with you now. I thought you guys had signed some 36 year old has beens. Appologies mate. I didnt intend on bagging out Lalor either, i just said they are far off from their glory days where the ground would be packed with people and teams hated playing against Lalor, as they hated playing North Heidleberg also.

In saying all that, I have my clients with insiders coming from all the "big 5-6" leagues in Melbourne/Victoria. (Nfnl, Edfl, Nfl, Efl, Rdfl, Gvfl).

Do you have names of these 7 signings, so i can do my research from my side and give opinions from these people rather than yourself?

Thanks, Tim

Sports!!!! I write all that and you give me a 6 word answer? Come on mate

Spot on. And if the rumours are true then signing 30 something year old blokes who are passed it definitely isn't the long term solution.
This theory hurt the boys from near the gorge. Guys using it as a retirement village or super fund. Has bunkered them down into 3rd div for ever

This theory hurt the boys from near the gorge. Guys using it as a retirement village or super fund. Has bunkered them down into 3rd div for ever
We are in a different position than Morang were 3 years ago and what they were attempting at the time was a smart way to go... They were flag favourites with treasure chest of juniors coming through and unfortunately, things unfolded they way they did. Not everything works out as we'd like looking back in rearview mirrors.... And they had a strong season in 2018 regardless of the off-field dramas this time last year...?!?

We (Lalor) are at Stage 2 of a fairly complex process of rebuilding the ENTIRE club and rewarding the loyal clubmen of 2018 with the air of potential and strategic players that fill gaps "right now" is a big part of the 2019 focus. Will it all work perfectly, maybe not... But rearview mirrors don't see into the future do they.

Last edited:
Sports!!!! I write all that and you give me a 6 word answer? Come on mate
Sorry mate, I'll give my response some more consideration in future.... haha

1. FF played at Wallan and is 31
2. CHB played at WPL in the past and has played with mates in the WRFL D2/3 for the past few year and is 31
3. OnB played Coburg Districs and won a B&F, returning to the club 29
4. Young fellas from D2 at 21 played in the 19's combined side a few years back
5. A few more re-signings and fellas for me to meet Saturday

With our average age being extremely low in 2018 and our captain being 21, this age bracket will provide some senior mentoring roles... Personality is playing a big part in who we target.

Lower from my source. I believe "The Buzz" was there representing them.
I thought it was a unanimous vote until I heard otherwise at cricket training last night. Didn’t even realise junior clubs had a vote, but found it interesting that Research Juniors voted against it considering someone suggested a liaison of sorts being courted by the Turtles. Good luck to them, even though a couple of hurdles to go. I understand some clubs have already negotiated/enforced limits on recruiting players from their clubs (that’s from a former Turtle who plays cricket at Reccc). Over the years Lower Plenty have provided plenty of players to the Turtles including a games record holder and skipper, so we kind of affectionately regard them has our 4ths;). Won’t be easy for them with most div 3 clubs looking like improving. They’ll be ripe for some mercenaries who think that they’ll score a quick buck, despite being past it ability wise, so it’ll be interesting to see who and if they recruit. I tend to think a club like Panton Hill may be one that is affected in the long run if the Turtles make a fair fist of it.

I thought it was a unanimous vote until I heard otherwise at cricket training last night. Didn’t even realise junior clubs had a vote, but found it interesting that Research Juniors voted against it considering someone suggested a liaison of sorts being courted by the Turtles. Good luck to them, even though a couple of hurdles to go. I understand some clubs have already negotiated/enforced limits on recruiting players from their clubs (that’s from a former Turtle who plays cricket at Reccc). Over the years Lower Plenty have provided plenty of players to the Turtles including a games record holder and skipper, so we kind of affectionately regard them has our 4ths;). Won’t be easy for them with most div 3 clubs looking like improving. They’ll be ripe for some mercenaries who think that they’ll score a quick buck, despite being past it ability wise, so it’ll be interesting to see who and if they recruit. I tend to think a club like Panton Hill may be one that is affected in the long run if the Turtles make a fair fist of it.
Last 5 captains have played at Lower Plenty...

Sorry mate, I'll give my response some more consideration in future.... haha

1. FF played at Wallan and is 31
2. CHB played at WPL in the past and has played with mates in the WRFL D2/3 for the past few year and is 31
3. OnB played Coburg Districs and won a B&F, returning to the club 29
4. Young fellas from D2 at 21 played in the 19's combined side a few years back
5. A few more re-signings and fellas for me to meet Saturday

With our average age being extremely low in 2018 and our captain being 21, this age bracket will provide some senior mentoring roles... Personality is playing a big part in who we target.

1. That will be easy to follow as my co-worker is involved in the committee at Wallan.
2. Have many friends at West Preston Lakeside so that would be easy also.
3. Funny you say Coburg Districts, as I know the guys at McLardy McShane personally & they are their major sponsor.
4. Going to be hard to find a young fella who is 21, which played in the 19's.
5. Good on you guys for trying to bring lalor back to its glory days, once again I appologize about my original post, didn't mean to put you or the Lalor Football Club down and bag them out. I was just saying that say in season 2015 weren't you guys a kick off playing in Division 1?

*EDIT* - Just saw on results, Whittlesea 96 Defeated Lalor 93 - Grand Final 2015 (Which is only three years ago)

Eltham turtles have been around for 30 plus years so I cant understand why any club that is well run would be worried about them. Every club in the NFL has more then one NEIGHBOURING club and if anything it creates a local rivalry which amounts to good crowds and more dollars when they play each other.

Any club that has struggled or lost a large number of players in one year always goes back to issues with the coach or committee and how the club is run. So sort your sh1t out and you will survive. Just like Lalor and Reservoir did, and good on them.

Players will no doubt go from club to club. You win some, you lose some. Those who voted no are narrow minded and only looking at the small picture.

1. That will be easy to follow as my co-worker is involved in the committee at Wallan.
2. Have many friends at West Preston Lakeside so that would be easy also.
3. Funny you say Coburg Districts, as I know the guys at McLardy McShane personally & they are their major sponsor.
4. Going to be hard to find a young fella who is 21, which played in the 19's.
5. Good on you guys for trying to bring lalor back to its glory days, once again I appologize about my original post, didn't mean to put you or the Lalor Football Club down and bag them out. I was just saying that say in season 2015 weren't you guys a kick off playing in Division 1?

*EDIT* - Just saw on results, Whittlesea 96 Defeated Lalor 93 - Grand Final 2015 (Which is only three years ago)

97-94

Without looking at team lists I would say that there is a less than a hand full (Murphy the only one I can recall) that played in their GF side that are still at the club. Unprecedented departures since and just getting 2 sides out on the park was a win. They need to recruit for short term as IMO the only way they will continue to improve and be able to retain and recruit is if they start to win some games of footy.

Footy can change pretty quick, I reckon Epping won 4 or 5 games in 1st division then went div2/div3 in 3 seasons.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back