NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eltham turtles have been around for 30 plus years so I cant understand why any club that is well run would be worried about them. Every club in the NFL has more then one NEIGHBOURING club and if anything it creates a local rivalry which amounts to good crowds and more dollars when they play each other.

Any club that has struggled or lost a large number of players in one year always goes back to issues with the coach or committee and how the club is run. So sort your sh1t out and you will survive. Just like Lalor and Reservoir did, and good on them.

Players will no doubt go from club to club. You win some, you lose some. Those who voted no are narrow minded and only looking at the small picture.
I don’t think it would be a case of being worried. Panton Hill are a club that has been a destination for guys who have been on the fringe of playing at other clubs or guys who are coming down from higher divisions. All I’m saying is that The Turtles now that they are in the NFL and within striking distance may be that club that could replace Panton Hill as a club of choice for those types of players. Panton Hill are and have always been a well run club but the extra competition from another nearby club that expects to be more attractive now that the travel factor has been alleviated, will be interesting to follow.

97-94

Without looking at team lists I would say that there is a less than a hand full (Murphy the only one I can recall) that played in their GF side that are still at the club. Unprecedented departures since and just getting 2 sides out on the park was a win. They need to recruit for short term as IMO the only way they will continue to improve and be able to retain and recruit is if they start to win some games of footy.

Footy can change pretty quick, I reckon Epping won 4 or 5 games in 1st division then went div2/div3 in 3 seasons.......
Yeah, you are right. Footy definately changes really quick but gee, from playing off and losing by 3pts in a GF & could've gone up to Div 1 to Now in Div 3 and winning 2 matches this past season. I am getting the mail in from my sources regarding these recruits, already got an answer regarding former west preston player, awaiting other two and then i will post what they said about each. Thanks.

1. FF played at Wallan and is 31
2. CHB played at WPL in the past and has played with mates in the WRFL D2/3 for the past few year and is 31
3. OnB played Coburg Districs and won a B&F, returning to the club 29
4. Young fellas from D2 at 21 played in the 19's combined side a few years back
5. A few more re-signings and fellas for me to meet Saturday
1. That will be easy to follow as my co-worker is involved in the committee at Wallan.
2. Have many friends at West Preston Lakeside so that would be easy also.
3. Funny you say Coburg Districts, as I know the guys at McLardy McShane personally & they are their major sponsor.
4. Going to be hard to find a young fella who is 21, which played in the 19's.
5. Good on you guys for trying to bring Lalor back to its glory days, once again I apologize about my original post, didn't mean to put you or the Lalor Football Club down and bag them out. I was just saying that say in season 2015 weren't you guys a kick off playing in Division 1?
Have done my research from my co-workers, friends at WPL & the crew down at McLardy McShane.
From all the info you gave, it was pretty easy to find out too.
1. FF and played at Wallan is Sam Rexhepi. He is 31 year old and played at Wallan in the RDFL. They say he should tear it up in this comp. Takes a big grab and most goals come from set shot "dead eye dick" they said. After looking online at Statistics he has kicked 30,30,49 in his past few seasons there. Looks like a solid signing, as Riddell District Football League is pretty decent, Wallan finished 4th last season and Rexhepi was their leading goal kicker.
2. CHB is cousin of Sam rexhepi, Adem Bektash who is 30, played at West Preston and moved to Coburg Districts when they were WRFL, then over to Glenorden winning a Div 2 premiership in 2013 with his cousins Adem & Damian Yze. Looking on statistics and asking McLarty McShane guys they said he was a CHF, but after checking online on statistics it seems that he was a forward at Coburg but then speaking to the guys at Coburg he was CHB at Glenorden, so I am guessing he is signing for Lalor as a CHF. My friends at WPL say that he is some what of a swingman, but would be the CHF at lalor most definately, with him linking up with his cousin Rexhepi, should provide plenty of fire power up forward, however the ball has to get to them. Apparently signed for Lalor to play with his cousin Sam being his only reason.
3. Coburg Districts b&F winner and 29 years old was an easy one as they guys from McLarty McShane gave three names, then boiled it down to one. On baller, half forward - Stephen Wallace who they said "why would he sign at Lalor". They said he is a ball magnet and loves the hard ball, apparently won b&f, demanded more coin and left the club on bad terms, but they did say if he is genuinely wanting to take this serious he can dominate here. He also captained Coburg Districts for 2 seasons - 2015, 2016. But again, due to money reason and he was unhappy he walked out on the club and wasn't welcomed back. Checked statistics and he featured in the best 11 times of 16 matches 2 seasons ago. Should be very good at this level. Time will tell though. If these three did sign (not saying I don't believe you) Then I will say well done, looks like the club is heading in the right direction - which isn't hard as you have been cellar dwellers since your the good ol' bloods days hey?

Sports!! How do you like my research? Footy is a funny game, connections & everyone knows everyone especially in local footy in Vic. Not to mention the hints you gave was pretty easy to ask around.

Last edited:
Have done my research from my co-workers, friends at WPL & the crew down at McLardy McShane.
1. FF and played at Wallan is Sam Rexhepi. He is 31 year old and played at Wallan in the RDFL. They say he should tear it up in this comp. Takes a big grab and most goals come from set shot "dead eye dick" they said. After looking online at Statistics he has kicked 30,30,49 in his past few seasons there. Looks like a solid signing, as Riddell District Football League is pretty decent, Wallan finished 4th last season and Rexhepi was their leading goal kicker.
2. CHB is cousin of Sam rexhepi, Adem Bektash who is 30, played at West Preston and moved to Coburg Districts when they were WRFL, then over to Glenorden winning a Div 2 premiership in 2013 with his cousins Adem & Damian Yze. Looking on statistics and asking McLarty McShane guys they said he was a CHF, but after checking online on statistics it seems that he was a forward at Coburg but then speaking to the guys at Coburg he was CHB at Glenorden, so I am guessing he is signing for Lalor as a CHF. My friends at WPL say that he is some what of a swingman, but would be the CHF at lalor most definately, with him linking up with his cousin Rexhepi, should provide plenty of fire power up forward, however the ball has to get to them. Apparently signed for Lalor to play with his cousin Sam being his only reason.
3. Coburg Districts b&F winner and 29 years old was an easy one as they guys from McLarty McShane gave three names, then boiled it down to one. On baller, half forward - Stephen Wallace who they said "why would he sign at Lalor". They said he is a ball magnet and loves the hard ball, apparently won b&f, demanded more coin and left the club on bad terms, but they did say if he is genuinely wanting to take this serious he can dominate here. He also captained Coburg Districts for 2 seasons - 2015, 2016. But again, due to money reason and he was unhappy he walked out on the club and wasn't welcomed back. Checked statistics and he featured in the best 11 times of 16 matches 2 seasons ago. Should be very good at this level. Time will tell though. If these three did sign (not saying I don't believe you) Then I will say well done, looks like the club is heading in the right direction - which isn't hard as you have been cellar dwellers since your the good ol' bloods days hey?

Sports!! How do you like my research? Footy is a funny game, connections & everyone knows everyone especially in local footy in Vic. Not to mention the hints you gave was pretty easy to ask around.
Some handy pick ups sounds like. Not sure those 3 will get them close to finals but it’s a good start. Good on them for having a crack and going out and recruiting. I think you will find rexhepi is a lead up mark and kick player. Not a big pack mark at all and if the ball hits the deck it’s game over. But if he gets some decent service should be ok. Hopefully they can win 6-7 games and that would be a massive year, then build on that!

I think from a bloke that’s was first time poster only 48 hours ago, you’ve taken to BigFooty pretty well

I think from a bloke that’s was first time poster only 48 hours ago, you’ve taken to BigFooty pretty well
To be fair, my relative who is a 10,000+ poster showed me everything on how to quote etc.
Also lets be honest, it was pretty easy to find out which players they were as i know alot of people from leagues in Melbourne and people talk. Goodluck mate. Hope it all works out for you.

Last edited:

That’s bloody impressive want to come do some opposition scouting this year!

To be fair, my relative who is a 10,000+ poster showed me everything on how to quote etc.
Also lets be honest, it was pretty easy to find out which players they were as i know alot of people from leagues in Melbourne and people talk. Goodluck mate. Hope it all works out for you.
Thanks DV... we have a lot of steps still remaining in the entire process but getting a hold of quality people/players in October is the best starting point we could hope for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you go today? Hear it was nice turnout
There was solid numbers for a Saturday with about 40 (cricket/work may have seen another 15-20) and a players had his wedding at 3.00pm as well... We wanted to help out the cricket club with some sales which worked out brilliantly for them as many guys hung around for hours after the official stuff was done. Things are rolling along smoothly at the moment and the FB post for recruits/commitments are scheduled for the remainder of the week.

There was solid numbers for a Saturday with about 40 (cricket/work may have seen another 15-20) and a players had his wedding at 3.00pm as well... We wanted to help out the cricket club with some sales which worked out brilliantly for them as many guys hung around for hours after the official stuff was done. Things are rolling along smoothly at the moment and the FB post for recruits/commitments are scheduled for the remainder of the week.
What are numbers looking like for Under 19s for next year?

Interesting you ask... Looking positive, everything's in place to make it work and we are aiming for 25 players by December 1.
Massively Reduced fees, playing apparel and events through the season all being paid for by a MAJOR SPONSOR for the division.
I’m keen to play, but I’m probably a bit too young and too light. Possibly too short to play my usual position of Full Back in 19s too. Hope everything works out perfectly.

I’m keen to play, but I’m probably a bit too young and too light. Possibly too short to play my usual position of Full Back in 19s too. Hope everything works out perfectly.
We'll be really focusing on this area over the next month, we have a division that will be looking after this area specifically made up of key players, coaches and team managers... I'll keep you posted about developments and pass the interest onto the team - Can't hurt to explore... And i'll give you the lift to Kilmore as promised...! haha

Interesting you ask... Looking positive, everything's in place to make it work and we are aiming for 25 players by December 1.
Massively Reduced fees, playing apparel and events through the season all being paid for by a MAJOR SPONSOR for the division.
Thats awesome that you guys will have a side in the 19's. Congratulations on all the work you and your team have put in.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats awesome that you guys will have a side in the 19's. Congratulations on all the work you and your team have put in.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

For a start 25 ain’t enough to start a 19’s, and what do you do when top age disappears next year, and if you ain’t successful no one will go there , especially kids!
So good luck with that looks like a one year venture!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For a start 25 ain’t enough to start a 19’s, and what do you do when top age disappears next year, and if you ain’t successful no one will go there , especially kids!

Such a positive first post Mick. At least they're having a crack.

Cant have a crack at a club having a crack.

Seems like an excellent effort if they could get 25 blokes together by December to play under 19s.

Last edited:

He makes a great point though. Also what happens if there is a 19s gun and he plays seniors every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back