NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely taking the PI55 HaM? I thought you were the president of the Bag Mernda FC page? :think:;) Only Mernda can rate against their expectations for the season - if they wanted to avoid finishing bottom 3, then it's a PASS. If they expected to play finals, then it will be a FAIL. I went to the game Sat more to see why West were falling over so badly in recent weeks. Mernda has some great young kids and they play with some passion. The skills of both sides were ordinary, and only a small portion of that could be attributed to the wet conditions. But no doubting the commitment each side had to winning the game. West did not vary their movement up the ground much at all. At times they needed to change it up because it became a pattern, which the young Mernda kids picked up quickly. Mikki racked up plenty of touches, but not the player from couple of years ago. I hope he can get back to that form. Coulson was good around the ground, but beaten in plenty of ruck contests, which is very unusual. Credit to the Mernda ruckman. On what I saw Saturday, there was plenty of spirit and hard contests, but neither of these teams will be seeing finals. That's my call on it anyway.

To Mick, the President of the pro-Mernda Lobby Group :D, dont put too much hard earned on that 8 point turnaround this Saturday. Think Morang will have your boys covered - put them 10 points clear. Just a question for you as an MFC insider, is the club ensuring all those 19's playing up will be eligible for 19's finals? Looking at the ladder, it looks like they will be strong contenders. If you guys do get beaten this week, I would be ensuring every one of those talented kids dont disqualify themsleves from 19's finals because as an outsider looking in, a 19's flag could be the very trigger to resurge that club. I know that thought process is an age-old dilemma at senior footy clubs, but decisions are made to fit current circumstances. With plenty of juniors, the prospects are bright - but any sculpture can crumble without the right "sculptor group".

Hahaha

Well I try to be positive,

And yes if south get over the line this weekend even I will concede that finals are well out of the seniors reach ..!!

But with both the reserves and 19’s both playing well and looking at playing finals, there will come a point where the club and the young fellas themselves will have to make some decisions, with the season finals aspirations of the seniors over, do you look at loading up teddies and 19’s and have a crack?

With the 19’s to come back to there age group , six was the number that played in the seniors on the weekend would definitely make there 19’s premiership favourites or very close to it and anything less would be a disappointment if you pull the players back....!!!

And the reserves, not sure of the requirements of players for finals goes but yes you would have to have a serious look at it..!!

So I’m all seriousness who wouldn’t have a serious look at it??

Any club in this situation..!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hahaha

Well I try to be positive,

And yes if south get over the line this weekend even I will concede that finals are well out of the seniors reach ..!!

But with both the reserves and 19’s both playing well and looking at playing finals, there will come a point where the club and the young fellas themselves will have to make some decisions, with the season finals aspirations of the seniors over, do you look at loading up teddies and 19’s and have a crack?

With the 19’s to come back to there age group , six was the number that played in the seniors on the weekend would definitely make there 19’s premiership favourites or very close to it and anything less would be a disappointment if you pull the players back....!!!

And the reserves, not sure of the requirements of players for finals goes but yes you would have to have a serious look at it..!!

So I’m all seriousness who wouldn’t have a serious look at it??

Any club in this situation..!!!

You qualify guys on the verge towards the end. But genuinely loading up from just halfway is pretty ordinary.

Imo you want a senior winning culture. Best thing Mernda could do if missing finals is still be as good as possible to the last round and go into next season with some optimism.

You qualify guys on the verge towards the end. But genuinely loading up from just halfway is pretty ordinary.

Imo you want a senior winning culture. Best thing Mernda could do if missing finals is still be as good as possible to the last round and go into next season with some optimism.

Or win a 19’s flag and attract another 2/3/4 good young footballers??

Because flags can do that?

It’s really what ever the club is looking at building youth to come through and seriously challenge in a couple of years..

It’s a dammed if you do or dammed if you don’t scenario..

Do you think south will over qualify there 19’s ??

It’s really what ever the club is looking at building youth to come through and seriously challenge in a couple of years..

Qualifying for 19’s and reserves over building a foundation for long term senior success? that discussion right there is comical and explains why this club will never get out of division 3

If you get to 2/3 games left you obviously qualify anyone.

But 7/8 games out your kidding yourself as a club if your sacrificing your seniors to try and snag a reserves or 19s flag.

Finishing the year positively even if finals are gone is much better.

Well what was all the chat about ??

Previous posts stated that..

People on here say different!!

So say the other and people on here say the opposite..!!

Mmmmmmm the mind boggles!!

Just for the record I think Mernda and South Morang and Kilmore are a lot better placed than any other club in Div 3 to push forward ..!!!

It will be an interesting couple of years coming up, exciting actually !!

That’s where the youth is!!

Laurimar have good young kids but once the coach goes I feel there will be a few he takes with him on his next venture.. it will be interesting there!!

Well what was all the chat about ??

Previous posts stated that..

People on here say different!!

So say the other and people on here say the opposite..!!

Mmmmmmm the mind boggles!!

Just for the record I think Mernda and South Morang and Kilmore are a lot better placed than any other club in Div 3 to push forward ..!!!

It will be an interesting couple of years coming up, exciting actually !!

That’s where the youth is!!

Laurimar have good young kids but once the coach goes I feel there will be a few he takes with him on his next venture.. it will be interesting there!!

Players wont follow sherminator

When I threw this up for debate, I was clearly only talking 19's. Agree that no club qualifies players for Magoos over senior on field performances. As mentioned, it harms culture. And reserve premierships should be on their own merit - no seconds flag won with stacked senior fringe players is any real accomplishment. 19s however I think is a different debate. I'm not suggesting they pull all the 19's out of the seniors - just keep rotating them and ensure they do not disqualify any of them from 19's finals (assuming the player is on board with it - if they want to continue as permanent senior player, then good on them!). As I first mentioned, it is of course on the basis the senior club is not playing finals. IMO that will be the case after Saturday.
It's a debate I can see both sides of & I take RR's point and I dont discount that, but these descisions need to be made based on where a club currently is. For mine, Mernda's formula for returning to where they were 10 years go is still teetering & stagnated. A 19's flag might just be the jolt it needs to speed that process up.

Very well said! The 19s squad was put together in 2018 as they didn't have a squad in 2017. Too see the squad have finals success would be a great outcome for the club and for the young men who call Mernda home. The club is heading in the right direction with the quality of kids playing in all grades.

I hope the senior group can play finals but I believe they are just out of reach this year. I have always said playing finals gives you a pass mark, but for this young group I believe having a year to find some continuity is giving them a pass mark. The club is only a couple of players away from finals and success. And those players might already be at the club but just recovering from long term injuries.
Surely taking the PI55 HaM? I thought you were the president of the Bag Mernda FC page? :think:;) Only Mernda can rate against their expectations for the season - if they wanted to avoid finishing bottom 3, then it's a PASS. If they expected to play finals, then it will be a FAIL. I went to the game Sat more to see why West were falling over so badly in recent weeks. Mernda has some great young kids and they play with some passion. The skills of both sides were ordinary, and only a small portion of that could be attributed to the wet conditions. But no doubting the commitment each side had to winning the game. West did not vary their movement up the ground much at all. At times they needed to change it up because it became a pattern, which the young Mernda kids picked up quickly. Mikki racked up plenty of touches, but not the player from couple of years ago. I hope he can get back to that form. Coulson was good around the ground, but beaten in plenty of ruck contests, which is very unusual. Credit to the Mernda ruckman. On what I saw Saturday, there was plenty of spirit and hard contests, but neither of these teams will be seeing finals. That's my call on it anyway.

To Mick, the President of the pro-Mernda Lobby Group :D, dont put too much hard earned on that 8 point turnaround this Saturday. Think Morang will have your boys covered - put them 10 points clear. Just a question for you as an MFC insider, is the club ensuring all those 19's playing up will be eligible for 19's finals? Looking at the ladder, it looks like they will be strong contenders. If you guys do get beaten this week, I would be ensuring every one of those talented kids dont disqualify themsleves from 19's finals because as an outsider looking in, a 19's flag could be the very trigger to resurge that club. I know that thought process is an age-old dilemma at senior footy clubs, but decisions are made to fit current circumstances. With plenty of juniors, the prospects are bright - but any sculpture can crumble without the right "sculptor group".

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Morang to beat Mernda by 35pt
Kilmore to beat Heidleberg West by 40pt
Old Eltham to beat Reservoir by 90pt
Laurimar to beat Lalor by 200pt

It's a season defining game at
Mill Park Lakes Reserve for Mernda lose this and finals for 2019 are out of reach.

Mernda in a nail biter 3 points with the young lads to get the job done and keep the finals hope alive for the
RED AND BLUE ARMY.

Heidelberg West to hit back after a mid season slump 14 points.

Laurimar to be way to powerful for the Bloods 100 plus points.

Ninja Turtles to have a good win at Home 46 points.

Good luck to all the club's and fingers crossed for a injury free round.

Hay Mick 3224 .......all them young kids you talk about at Mernda have they all signed on for next year ?? Or will they move on to 2 div

South Morang to beat Mernda by 35pt
Kilmore to beat Heidleberg West by 40pt
Old Eltham to beat Reservoir by 90pt
Laurimar to beat Lalor by 200pt
Hey Ricky,

You seemed like a great supporter of the Bloods early on and it's been a shame that we haven't delivered as a club... Injuries, commitment and a group that just hasn't been able to get a full strength side on the park has lead to some inconsistencies and uncertainty - Hoping to get some momentum across the last 6 games and try to turn the scoreboard around... Will you be at training tonight...?

Hey Ricky,

You seemed like a great supporter of the Bloods early on and it's been a shame that we haven't delivered as a club... Injuries, commitment and a group that just hasn't been able to get a full strength side on the park has lead to some inconsistencies and uncertainty - Hoping to get some momentum across the last 6 games and try to turn the scoreboard around... Will you be at training tonight...?

I am a supporter of the league as a whole. Great competition. Enjoy going from ground to ground watching. The club will get back it's glory days in time, rome was not built in a day. Tonight I shall be a spectator at Mernda and may have a meal, if it's Parma night.

I am a supporter of the league as a whole. Great competition. Enjoy going from ground to ground watching. The club will get back it's glory days in time, rome was not built in a day. Tonight I shall be a spectator at Mernda and may have a meal, if it's Parma night.
A Parma with or without ham at Mernda...? If you get to Lalor, i will have the ladies make you up a meal.

In the meantime, we'll try to do everything we can to avoid a 200 point defeat... With the players we have available and the dedicated people around the club that devote hours towards rebuilding a successful club... I encourage you to be part of it.

What makes you suggest that that would leave? Obviously you haven't seen how United the boys are! Maybe they can see what the future holds.

So that will b a No?? .........they haven’t signed......( if the kids r playing good footy & keeping there spot in the one’s
Put pen to paper......... what would b the reason for them not to sign???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back