NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

How games is King expected to play for Mernda? Speaking to a few apparently his ankles are shot.

Did Mernda recruit a new ruckman? Or did they appeal the last ones sentence?
His ankles were shot at Bundoora 2 years ago I’m hearing. Could hardly train and struggled to play reserves footy. But maybe they have improved and he’s going ok. Only someone at Mernda can tell us whether he is doing all the pre season?

I watched the Mernda intra club match tonight and if his ankles are shot I'll swap my ones for his because he moved very well.

The blokes voice and direction on and off the field is something that the club has needed for the past two years.

He might be getting closer to the pointy end of his career but his work ethic and knowledge will be something the young blokes at Mernda will absorb and grow with.

I would say he (King) had over 25 touches in a very physical hit out tonight.

His ankles were shot at Bundoora 2 years ago I’m hearing. Could hardly train and struggled to play reserves footy. But maybe they have improved and he’s going ok. Only someone at Mernda can tell us whether he is doing all the pre season?

Kilmore play morang, reservoir and Lalor 3 times and Mernda twice at home. Dream run will finish minor premiers and box seat to make the granny

Well here it goes, I’ll say now I won’t be surprised if anyone besides the bottom 2 makes finals and or wins it.

Laurimar - Picked up a few handy ins and should be there abouts again. Depth slight issue but with under 19s should be fine.

Kilmore - strong at home and we’re very good last year. Depth decent and will only improve from last year.
Dream run which will gift them 6 wins
Old Eltham - I thought there back half was pretty impressive last season and a couple of handy pick ups should help. Took a bit to get going but we’re competitive with all the sides left in the division. Good depth
South morang - 50/50 whether to write them off but I feel they’ll have a few kids come through and fill the voids left. Could easily finish 3rd last though.
Mernda - They’ll be 4/5 spot. Picked up a few but lost a few as well. Thought their kids looked promising last year and they’ve gone out and got some experience. Wouldn’t be shocked if the finished higher
West - On paper I cannot see how this side hasn’t played finals recently but something just doesn’t work. Their depth is insane. I saw their GF and their was a lot of good players running around. Tough ask for a coach who’s been at a club a long time to have a big “shock” impact and really improve a side. Not sure who his biggest mentor has been but west have had some ordinary coaches so I hope his learnt from elsewhere.
Lalor
I think they’ll win 5 games this year. I really hope they improve but they have lost a few so not confident. Their coach from all reports will be under pressure if they aren’t competitive early. A few good players in their 2s for depth
Reservior
Can’t see where the improvement comes from. Their seniors weren’t hopeless last year so hopefully they’ll improve but they have obviously lost a couple. I think they’ll snag a win at

West - On paper I cannot see how this side hasn’t played finals recently but something just doesn’t work. Their depth is insane. I saw their GF and their was a lot of good players running around. Tough ask for a coach who’s been at a club a long time to have a big “shock” impact and really improve a side. Not sure who his biggest mentor has been but west have had some ordinary coaches so I hope his learnt from elsewhere.

It appears that most clubs appear happy to appoint from within with clubs such as PH (Layt) Kilmore (Phillips) South Morang (Hall) Mernda (Fletch) all appointing coaches that served served time within the club before stepping up to the main job. The new found importance on relationships between coach and playing group could be the reason behind this? Either way I’m sure he has seen plenty of what not to do during his time at the club.

Old Eltham are intriguing for mine, where do there scores come from in 2020 without Malone? They really relied heavily on him in the back half of the season, 4 of there last 6 wins came against reservoir and lalor I believe.

Kilmore I agree appear to have most areas covered and will be hard to keep out of a GF

Well here it goes, I’ll say now I won’t be surprised if anyone besides the bottom 2 makes finals and or wins it.

Laurimar - Picked up a few handy ins and should be there abouts again. Depth slight issue but with under 19s should be fine.

Kilmore - strong at home and we’re very good last year. Depth decent and will only improve from last year.
Old Eltham - I thought there back half was pretty impressive last season and a couple of handy pick ups should help. Took a bit to get going but we’re competitive with all the sides left in the division. Good depth
South morang - 50/50 whether to write them off but I feel they’ll have a few kids come through and fill the voids left. Could easily finish 3rd last though.
Mernda - They’ll be 4/5 spot. Picked up a few but lost a few as well. Thought their kids looked promising last year and they’ve gone out and got some experience. Wouldn’t be shocked if the finished higher
Lalor
I think they’ll win 5 games this year. I really hope they improve but they have lost a few so not confident. Their coach from all reports will be under pressure if they aren’t competitive early. A few good players in their 2s for depth
Reservior
Can’t see where the improvement comes from. Their seniors weren’t hopeless last year so hopefully they’ll improve but they have obviously lost a couple. I think they’ll snag a win at
Cutler shouldn’t be under pressure they need to be realistic . As long as they are on the park that’s a plus in my opinion

Lalor
Reservior

Have heard Kilmore will be missing a couple of key midfielders for part if not for all of this coming season, if true will hurt them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lalor
Reservior
Kilmore-team to beat

Laurimar-will win their share but dont think they are as good as Kilmore

Lalor-have recruited well & will surprise many

Mernda-needs to gel to make it work, off field dramas could hurt

Old Eltham-will push teams

Heidelberg West-not thinking they recruited their needs

Ressa- only one direction, fingers crossed

Sth Morang-lost a lot, salary cap issues, could fall in a hole quickly if things dont go their way early

Kilmore-team to beat

Sth Morang-lost a lot, salary cap issues, could fall in a hole quickly if things dont go their way early
Reckon you got lalor and Morang the wrong way around. Sounding a bit one eyed!

Kilmore-team to beat

What are the off field drama's asabadger ?
Serious question, not being smart.

What are the off field drama's asabadger ?
Serious question, not being smart.
All rumors. Players wanting out & being denied, committed players being shuffled back for higher profile players, coach, Jacana yada yada yada. I'm not in the club so its not concrete evidence, but I get around a bit & what I've heard. Happy to hear they are wrong, but just an opinion.

Kilmore-team to beat

Lalor in’s vs outs I might be missing but don’t seem to be way infront.

I’d be shocked if they went from only beating the Mustangs to finishing 3rd but I love a big call so who knows

Kilmore-team to beat

Out of curiosity what were Wests needs?

From what it’s saying, they have recruited a FF a CHF. Some Genuine Pace, one of the grades best players over the past 2 seasons, and some senior players with division one (premiership) experience down back?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kilmore-team to beat

Surely this isn’t your ladder order? Lalor will be bottom 2 again comfortably

It's not concrete evidence but I'll say it anyway
All rumors. Players wanting out & being denied, committed players being shuffled back for higher profile players, coach, Jacana yada yada yada. I'm not in the club so its not concrete evidence, but I get around a bit & what I've heard. Happy to hear they are wrong, but just an opinion.

Out of curiosity what were Wests needs?

From what it’s saying, they have recruited a FF a CHF. Some Genuine Pace, one of the grades best players over the past 2 seasons, and some senior players with division one (premiership) experience down back?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Who’s the genuine pace, and D1 premiership player?

“one of the grades best players” is a massive call...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back