NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen it all now, Mernda coach saying hes all for players and clubs standing by contracts. Oh well proof will be what happens in the future if Jacana is anything to go by. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? If the kid DOESNT want to play at Mernda let him go. I would assume that they would be saving money and letting him go for what he would have been on playing DIV3 footy. It just seems that it may get ugly and Mernda will lose out as once it goes to appeal hell be playing elsewhere next year. For the coach to say hell be plying at Mernda or having a year off is petty ordinary and wouldnt go down to well with the kid. Good luck and hope it all works out.
It is a very poor look for any club. It’s common for a few clubs in higher divisions to pull this sort of stunt but I don’t think serves any purpose apart from creating bad blood and damaging reputations.

Interesting article. I’ve copied it for those of you who can’t access the herald sun.

Mernda is determined to hold Brad Dimech to his contract
Mernda is ready to stand its ground as best-and-fairest winner Brad Dimech wants out of the club, saying players as well as clubs should be held accountable when it comes to contracts.

Mernda is committed to holding wantaway best-and-fairest winner Brad Dimech to his contract.
The star midfielder lodged three transfer requests to return to Essendon District league club Roxburgh Park before the Christmas break, which were all denied by the Demons.
Dimech has been a key member of Mernda’s engine room for the past two seasons since crossing from Westmeadows.

After claiming the club award for the first time, Dimech also finished fourth in the NFL Division 3 best-and-fairest and was named in the Team of the Year.
“He’s either playing footy at Mernda or having a year off footy,” Demons coach Robert Fletcher said.
“I’m big on contracts. At the end of the day the league want us to make sure we honour all our contracts and be professional with it.

“We expect the players to do the same, every Mernda player got paid last year what they were entitled to and he’s signed a two-year contract.
“I did it with a good mate of mine in Cameron Cloke. He wanted to leave, but I made sure he held up his contract at Jacana as well.”
Mernda has recruited heavily in a bid to end a five-year finals drought.
Shannon Smith has crossed from EDFL Division 1 premier Craigieburn after booting 41 goals in 2019, while fellow recruit Bryce Kimuliatis kicked 45 majors for the Eagles’ reserves side.
Jarrod King (Bundoora) and Lane Tucker (Thomastown) have also signed on.

Fletcher was pleased with the club’s pre-Christmas training block and singled out the efforts of Northern Knights graduate Will Crouch, who is returning from a knee reconstruction.
“Young Will Crouch was at the Northern Knights, but he’s a Mernda boy. He’s had two knee reconstructions and he’s flying at the moment,” he said.
“The boys trained really well before Christmas, we flogged them a fair bit.”
Mernda Football Club and Mernda Cricket Club also combined to raise $7000 for those impacted by the bushfires.
A charity Twenty20 match between the clubs, as well as the local CFA, at Waterview Reserve drew a large crowd and proved a fundraising success.
The Demons’ season begins with a road trip to Heidelberg West on April 4.

Interesting article. I’ve copied it for those of you who can’t access the herald sun.

Mernda is determined to hold Brad Dimech to his contract
Mernda is ready to stand its ground as best-and-fairest winner Brad Dimech wants out of the club, saying players as well as clubs should be held accountable when it comes to contracts.

Mernda is committed to holding wantaway best-and-fairest winner Brad Dimech to his contract.
The star midfielder lodged three transfer requests to return to Essendon District league club Roxburgh Park before the Christmas break, which were all denied by the Demons.
Dimech has been a key member of Mernda’s engine room for the past two seasons since crossing from Westmeadows.

After claiming the club award for the first time, Dimech also finished fourth in the NFL Division 3 best-and-fairest and was named in the Team of the Year.
“He’s either playing footy at Mernda or having a year off footy,” Demons coach Robert Fletcher said.
“I’m big on contracts. At the end of the day the league want us to make sure we honour all our contracts and be professional with it.

“We expect the players to do the same, every Mernda player got paid last year what they were entitled to and he’s signed a two-year contract.
“I did it with a good mate of mine in Cameron Cloke. He wanted to leave, but I made sure he held up his contract at Jacana as well.”
Mernda has recruited heavily in a bid to end a five-year finals drought.
Shannon Smith has crossed from EDFL Division 1 premier Craigieburn after booting 41 goals in 2019, while fellow recruit Bryce Kimuliatis kicked 45 majors for the Eagles’ reserves side.
Jarrod King (Bundoora) and Lane Tucker (Thomastown) have also signed on.

Fletcher was pleased with the club’s pre-Christmas training block and singled out the efforts of Northern Knights graduate Will Crouch, who is returning from a knee reconstruction.
“Young Will Crouch was at the Northern Knights, but he’s a Mernda boy. He’s had two knee reconstructions and he’s flying at the moment,” he said.
“The boys trained really well before Christmas, we flogged them a fair bit.”
Mernda Football Club and Mernda Cricket Club also combined to raise $7000 for those impacted by the bushfires.
A charity Twenty20 match between the clubs, as well as the local CFA, at Waterview Reserve drew a large crowd and proved a fundraising success.
The Demons’ season begins with a road trip to Heidelberg West on April 4.
Cannot believe a coach who wasn’t even coach last year is talking about this to the local newspaper.

It’s Mernda so cant say I’m shocked.

Let’s so how water tight these contracts are.

He seems to know the ins and outs of everything ... I’m sure most well run clubs wouldn’t have this issue and discuss contracts with the world. Would he like everyone talking about his contract ?

Cannot believe a coach who wasn’t even coach last year is talking about this to the local newspaper.

It’s Mernda so cant say I’m shocked.

Let’s so how water tight these contracts are.
Slow news day at the leader, Old news rehashed, transfers closed in Nov open again in Feb. End of the day whatever is written in someones contract is what will be acted on.

Not to much coming from my Morang sources regarding recruitment so it looks like they are going to rely on kids again. Think they will have average age of around 21-22 this year. Will need some injury luck but still have enough quality to be competitive.

Slow news day at the leader, Old news rehashed, transfers closed in Nov open again in Feb. End of the day whatever is written in someones contract is what will be acted on.
How desperate can you be? What coach even wants to coach a player who doesn’t want to be there.

End of the day Mernda has changed coaches and a I dare say Desi was under minded by this bloke all year to secure himself the job. A lot of Mernda people were upset by him getting the flick and maybe Dimech is one.

Not to mention a few blokes I know who Play for Mernda aren’t that impressed by the culture there with probably close to the most weeks collectively of suspension in the NFNL.

How desperate can you be? What coach even wants to coach a player who doesn’t want to be there.

End of the day Mernda has changed coaches and a I dare say Desi was under minded by this bloke all year to secure himself the job. A lot of Mernda people were upset by him getting the flick and maybe Dimech is one.

Not to mention a few blokes I know who Play for Mernda aren’t that impressed by the culture there with probably close to the most weeks collectively of suspension in the NFNL.
How true you are, Underminded would be an understatement from what I've been told. I reckon the appointment may backfire if things arent going to plan and Desi will be laughing his head off.

Have been told of another Mernda player who has played there for several years and won a BnF who has not been offered a new contract yet, but wants one, meanwhile they're digging their heals in over a bloke who doesn't want to be there...

Have been told of another Mernda player who has played there for several years and won a BnF who has not been offered a new contract yet, but wants one, meanwhile they're digging their heals in over a bloke who doesn't want to be there...

I’m hearing a couple of boys are considering a move to the Mustangs as they are disappointed with how some are being treated at Mernda,

It is a very poor look for any club. It’s common for a few clubs in higher divisions to pull this sort of stunt but I don’t think serves any purpose apart from creating bad blood and damaging reputations.
is it common for the coach to be calling all the shots? surely the football manager has to be accountable for something!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still have a full head of hair,
So can’t be me.
Just know a few Lads,
Also heard they were chasing Fev and Aker for a guest appearance to raise some money!

I still have a full head of hair,
So can’t be me.
Just know a few Lads,
Also heard they were chasing Fev and Aker for a guest appearance to raise some money!
Fev has retired due to his knee and Aker charges a fortune which will have to be included in their reduced salary cap.
Good on them for trying something.

Fev has retired due to his knee and Aker charges a fortune which will have to be included in their reduced salary cap.

I think you will find leagues will be lenient for struggling clubs trying something out of the square as its in the leagues best interest for the clubs to draw bigger crowds/more bar /canteen money! 💵💴💰

Fev signed with Deer Park about a week ago. He won a flag with them a few years back.

Two blokes got hefty suspensions but besides that they didn't front the tribunal. I suggest you do some home work.

I think you will find leagues will be lenient for struggling clubs trying something out of the square as its in the leagues best interest for the clubs to draw bigger crowds/more bar /canteen money!
The league should be encouraging lower division clubs to look outside the box to raise some much needed funds. If they are looking at doing it the league should be getting behind it.

Two blokes got hefty suspensions but besides that they didn't front the tribunal. I suggest you do some home work.
That’s not true, a player got a week for example in May. I said collectively they would have close to the most weeks.

Over 20 weeks is very Poor for example Eltham Panthers look to have zero.

Fingers crossed the KID gets cleared. It will be an interesting February when clearances open again.
Lesson here is don't sign for two years as we know a lot can change over the off season.
I hope Brad gets his clearance because at the end of the day you want to enjoy your footy .

Doesnt he just have to appeal and he will be cleared remember?

It’s that easy, he will be at his club of choice and Mernda will look like Fools and may harm there chances when trying to poach/sign players on multi year deals in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back