Not sure what Lalor were told about their new recruit

“Finished in the top 5 of the WRFL goal kickers 5 years in a row”

He literally hasn’t done it once...

2015 - 6
2016 - 15
2017 - 7
2018 - 31 (6th)
2019 - 36 (11th)
maybe it was 2010-2014 in junior footy :'-)

EDIT: have read post and it does say LAST 5 years lol

Just saw Sherman pop up at West Preston as an assistant. Seems a step backwards for me?

Don't know Justin, actually liked what I heard at times (from him) when I caught a few Laurimar games but not everyone has the time each and every year to coach their own team outright.
Maybe his situation or motivations have changed and he wants to see if a lesser responsible role (albeit at a better standard) allows him a chance to grow, learn and then assess where he would like to serve the game going forward.

Last edited:
Did I read that ex NH big man Jason Dean has joined Lalor with all the other NH wash ups? How old would he be 43? Are they pushing for a vets team? interesting direction they are heading in

Last edited:
Did I read that ex NH big man Jason Dean has joined Lalor with all the other NH wash ups? How old would he be 43? Are they pushing for vets team? interesting direction they are heading in
Not sure how old he'd be, but Div.3 football allows for many elder statesman to still enjoy a kick and actually contribute to that standard.
It's not like every Div.3 club runs out with 22 genuine senior ready footballers.

Did I read that ex NH big man Jason Dean has joined Lalor with all the other NH wash ups? How old would he be 43? Are they pushing for a vets team? interesting direction they are heading in
It depends on how much youth they have. They might need some older more seasoned blokes around to try and change the culture around. Generally players at a higher div have higher standards when it comes to training and game day and expectations on acceptable standards that come with playing at the higher level .If the playing group buy in then it can set the foundations for sustainable success

West’s new recruit looks like he could be a good pick up.

Mernda picked another from Jacana, may as well wear purple at this rate. Dangerous game imo, reckon these guys will stick around if they won it?
Young gun aleksovski has left Mernda.. Are these edfl recruits taking space over up and coming junior stars?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was contacted last night regarding a football family relocating to Vic over Xmas due to work, potentially looking at the Doreen area to live.
Bit lazy to look up all clubs, but any insight into who (if any) at Div.3 (or Div.2) level has senior men’s, senior women’s, plus juniors with boys/girls teams?
Thanks in advance

Was contacted last night regarding a football family relocating to Vic over Xmas due to work, potentially looking at the Doreen area to live.
Bit lazy to look up all clubs, but any insight into who (if any) at Div.3 (or Div.2) level has senior men’s, senior women’s, plus juniors with boys/girls teams?
Thanks in advance
South Morang, Laurimar and Mernda all meet those requirements.

Anyone bewildered at the league making D3 a 18 game comp?

These are the decisions the truely make me question the league?

16 games in d3 is far more appropriate for sometimes more casual footballers not to mention the completely uneven draw? Kilmore on years passed have secured 6 wins before the season has started (maybe that’ll change this year?)

It’s hard enough for many D3 clubs finding numbers as well as the financial strain of a lowered cap and extra games.

Just makes no sense to me.

Need to up the cap if they want 18 game comp.
Anyone bewildered at the league making D3 a 18 game comp?

These are the decisions the truely make me question the league?

16 games in d3 is far more appropriate for sometimes more casual footballers not to mention the completely uneven draw? Kilmore on years passed have secured 6 wins before the season has started (maybe that’ll change this year?)

It’s hard enough for many D3 clubs finding numbers as well as the financial strain of a lowered cap and extra games.

Just makes no sense to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back