NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched a handful of quarters for numerous games yesterday.
Gotta say, lalor look like a very improved side.
Great to see!

Anyone worried about the mustang even seeing out the season?

Huge losses in both grades and I only suspect will get worse against other sides. Big worry for the league even next year.

I’m in no way potting the club as the hard work to get going again must have been huge but sooner or later it just becomes impossible to recruit and retain players

Anyone worried about the mustang even seeing out the season?

Huge losses in both grades and I only suspect will get worse against other sides. Big worry for the league even next year.

I’m in no way potting the club as the hard work to get going again must have been huge but sooner or later it just becomes impossible to recruit and retain players
Do they have juniors?

How many year have west been in div3 a few years now
West still have a long way to go and the fact the have survived through dark periods without closing up is a credit to there people. Hopefully the mustangs can get through this period and turn it around.

West still have a long way to go and the fact the have survived through dark periods without closing up is a credit to there people. Hopefully the mustangs can get through this period and turn it around.
Going to be tough for the Mustangs, hopefully some improvement comes as the year progresses.

Good to see clubs like West, Old Eltham align themselves with junior clubs for a sustainable future
Any club to survive without juniors has done well
North Heidelberg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juniors don't always equate to success, culture does- Morang a prime example. Went for the experienced recruits (Meghamez, Harrison, Raff etc) and it backfired on them over the last 3 seasons. A club with culture that makes players not want to leave is better off then a club with strong junior base. Thomastown is a prime example.

Young talent Morang has over the last 3 years: Will Cookson (Hurstbridge), Bailey Brown (Montmorency), Cory Giannone (Thomastown), Brody Bell (Whittlesea), Sam Indian (Whittlesea), James Mellerick (Hurstbridge), Daniel Caruso (Thomastown), Anthony Capeci (Thomastown), Jordan Steele (Montmorency), Lachlan Buckley (Warrandyte), James Traianou (Macleod) probably others I have missed in conjunction with the experience of Mitch Buckley and Shelton who still play seniors elsewhere, imagine that team on the park if all were retained...

With the amount of transfers out of Mernda this season alone they better be careful with who is bought in and who is played otherwise another club with juniors will end the same way and be stuck in division 3

Last edited:
Juniors don't always equate to success, culture does- Morang a prime example. Went for the experienced recruits (Meghamez, Harrison, Raff etc) and it backfired on them over the last 3 seasons. A club with culture that makes players not want to leave is better off then a club with strong junior base. Thomastown is a prime example.

Young talent Morang has over the last 3 years: Will Cookson (Hurstbridge), Bailey Brown (Montmorency), Cory Giannone (South Morang), Brody Bell (Whittlesea), Sam Indian (Whittlesea), James Mellerick (Hurstbridge), Daniel Caruso (Thomastown), Anthony Capeci (Thomastown), Jordan Steele (Montmorency), Lachlan Buckley (Warrandyte), James Traianou (Macleod) probably others I have missed in conjunction with the experience of Mitch Buckley and Shelton who still play seniors elsewhere, imagine that team on the park if all were retained...

With the amount of transfers out of Mernda this season alone they better be careful with who is bought in and who is played otherwise another club with juniors will end the same way and be stuck in division 3
Good point but how many are playing regular anc Most weeks div 1 senior footy ???? Not too many a lot are div2 regulars but not many div 1

Good point but how many are playing regular anc Most weeks div 1 senior footy ???? Not too many a lot are div2 regulars but not many div 1

once the point system came in , Juniors became massively important to clubs survival & success ..
Hence the hard work being done by clubs to ensure junior participation & the effort to get U19s up..
Having no juniors will eventually cause your downfall , especially if cash flow is tight as well...
Reservoir / Jacana spent every cent to win flags , but neither looked to the future of their club & are now paying a massive price for that neglect..

- Will Cookson 8 seniors games at hurstbridge div 1 Since moving in 2019while still a 19s player
- Bailey Brown first senior game at mont last weekend after moving and in best players
- Cory Giannone moved to Thomo this year, in best in both Rezzies games and probably misses out due to player points and team success so far
- Brody Bell 14 senior games at whittlesea div 1 since leaving In 2019
- Sam Indian 13 senior games at whittlesea div 1 with 19 senior goals since leaving in 2019
- James Mellerick 16 senior div 1 games at hurstbridge after moving there in 2019
- Anthony Capeci 38 games and 79 goals for Thomo since moving in 2018 could play div 1
- Daniel Caruso 19 senior games at Thomo since leaving in 2019
- Jordan Steele 36 senior games at Montmorency Div 1 since leaving in 2018
- Lachlan Buckley 28 games Warrandyte Div 3 seniors efnl since leaving in 2018
Also forgot about Daniel watson
35 games at Watsy, half of those games named in the best since moving in 2018

Id say most are regularly senior players and capable of div 1 senior footy going by that

once the point system came in , Juniors became massively important to clubs survival & success ..
Hence the hard work being done by clubs to ensure junior participation & the effort to get U19s up..
Having no juniors will eventually cause your downfall , especially if cash flow is tight as well...
Reservoir / Jacana spent every cent to win flags , but neither looked to the future of their club & are now paying a massive price for that neglect..
Agree but also protecting the 19s and rewarding those within is a must even if it takes a little longer to progress

- Will Cookson 8 seniors games at hurstbridge div 1 Since moving in 2019while still a 19s player
- Bailey Brown first senior game at mont last weekend after moving and in best players
- Cory Giannone moved to Thomo this year, in best in both Rezzies games and probably misses out due to player points and team success so far
- Brody Bell 14 senior games at whittlesea div 1 since leaving In 2019
- Sam Indian 13 senior games at whittlesea div 1 with 19 senior goals since leaving in 2019
- James Mellerick 16 senior div 1 games at hurstbridge after moving there in 2019
- Anthony Capeci 38 games and 79 goals for Thomo since moving in 2018 could play div 1
- Daniel Caruso 19 senior games at Thomo since leaving in 2019
- Jordan Steele 36 senior games at Montmorency Div 1 since leaving in 2018
- Lachlan Buckley 28 games Warrandyte Div 3 seniors efnl since leaving in 2018
Also forgot about Daniel watson
35 games at Watsy, half of those games named in the best since moving in 2018

Id say most are regularly senior players and capable of div 1 senior footy going by that
Good points but Sam Indian and Brody bell played div2 didnt they ?? Capable of playing div1 and actuslly playing div1 are 2 different things .. I like you’ve done your homework but I think you aren’t quite right on a few of those . I’d say jordy Steele and Mellerick are the only ones that would fit to match my point . Anyway hope they all have good years

Good points but Sam Indian and Brody bell played div2 didnt they ?? Capable of playing div1 and actuslly playing div1 are 2 different things .. I like you’ve done your homework but I think you aren’t quite right on a few of those . I’d say jordy Steele and Mellerick are the only ones that would fit to match my point . Anyway hope they all have good years... also adding to that I’d like to see Caruso and Capeci have a crack at div1.

Good round of footy coming up.

West and Mernda should be a cracker, both fighting for that finals spot. West by 35 for mine

Turtles v South, can turtles bounce back? Seem to match well with South. Turtles 13

Kilmore vs Lalor. Have Lalor improved? Can they match the big boys? Kilmore 31

Power v Mustangs. Could get very ugly, Mustangs need to dig deep and show some fight. Laurimar by 159

West and Mernda should be a cracker, both fighting for that finals spot. West by 35 for mine

Turtles v South, can turtles bounce back? Seem to match well with South. Turtles 13

Power v Mustangs. Could get very ugly, Mustangs need to dig deep and show some fight. Laurimar by 159
Agree with all those results, but staggered you think the Turtles will get within 5-6 of South Morang on last weeks results?
Let alone beat them!

mernda by 11
South by 45
Kilmore by 30
Power by 100

Agree with all those results, but staggered you think the Turtles will get within 5-6 of South Morang on last weeks results?
Let alone beat them!
I’m not willing to write off any side besides the Mustangs just yet . Just going on last seasons results. South haven’t really recruited and lost a few it seems.

Saturday will tell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back