NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Dimech HUGE loss can't replace this type of talent easy.

Sparkes MASSIVE loss but family first.

Duclos big men don't grow on trees but when your points are up there up.

Aleksovski definitely a loss as he showed promise in 2019 and loves kicking a goal.

Tucker never seen him play can't comment.

These blokes are easily replaced
Dean, Marino, Egberts would've struggled to get a game in the 1's

Brought a heap of blokes in that have showed the can do it at a higher level and have the flags to show. Ill call it now Mernda will dominate all year and play off against Laurimar and it will be old time classic DVFL Granny.

who else have the brought in? Shannon Smith will be in the top 5 players in the div. King must be late 30’s but was a super player in his day 5-6 years ago.A couple of Jacana recruits in Michael Evans and Bryce Kimuliatis and Jacob Austin. Sindravanis has a bright future.

who else have the brought in? Shannon Smith will be in the top 5 players in the div. King must be late 30’s but was a super player in his day 5-6 years ago.A couple of Jacana recruits in Michael Evans and Bryce Kimuliatis and Jacob Austin. Sindravanis has a bright future.
How good are these Jacana blokes? I mean they had Cloke, you throw Cloke into about any side (maybe besides the bottom 2) in this division and they’d be close to flag favourites.

How good are these Jacana blokes? I mean they had Cloke, you throw Cloke into about any side (maybe besides the bottom 2) in this division and they’d be close to flag favourites.
Jacana are/were no good. They are spoken about like its better quality then nfnl div 3.
In the 2018 & 19 season reservoir had 2 blokes from Jacana's premiership team in there backline as key defenders and we all know how that worked out.
Don't get me wrong, they will be handy but they won't be above the top blokes who are already in div3.
Also div3 is very youthful which if you have a look at previous success in the past few seasons its always the teams with youth depth that play finals and win the lot.
The last mature aged team to win the flag was reservoir who never made there appearance up in div2.

You forgetting Panton Hill?
Jacana are/were no good. They are spoken about like its better quality then nfnl div 3.
In the 2018 & 19 season reservoir had 2 blokes from Jacana's premiership team in there backline as key defenders and we all know how that worked out.
Don't get me wrong, they will be handy but they won't be above the top blokes who are already in div3.
Also div3 is very youthful which if you have a look at previous success in the past few seasons its always the teams with youth depth that play finals and win the lot.
The last mature aged team to win the flag was reservoir who never made there appearance up in div2.

Just to top it of the edfl would have to be one of the softest leagues I have played in by a long way
And there 2nd div what they call it is really 3rd div because they call div 1 the premier division
Sounds like a soccer comp

So I brought a car off of The push up King today. We had a very interesting chat about him playing football again. He said he will be playing at a minimum 5 games plus finals if they make it at Mernda with his brother this year. He didnt know which games he is playing but he did say Anzac day is a lock. Can anyone from Mernda confirm?

So I brought a car off of The push up King today. We had a very interesting chat about him playing football again. He said he will be playing at a minimum 5 games plus finals if they make it at Mernda with his brother this year. He didnt know which games he is playing but he did say Anzac day is a lock. Can anyone from Mernda confirm?
Is he allowed to play?
I know he wasn’t at Macleod due to the fact he got a pay out for a medical condition from the AFL

Let’s hope he does, might get a few more people to the games!

Wow only 36, you’d assume dominate at d3. Where is his brother playing? Mernda?
I think Jake king would be a great pick up for Mernda but you have to sit back and laugh at all these clubs that come out and say “they are gonna play the kids” etc but they always end up recruiting old blokes many years past there prime. Kudos to South Morang for seeing it through!

I think Jake king would be a great pick up for Mernda but you have to sit back and laugh at all these clubs that come out and say “they are gonna play the kids” etc but they always end up recruiting old blokes many years past there prime. Kudos to South Morang for seeing it through!
Explains why Mernda is already losing all their 1 point players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mernda is all the talk at the moment
Is there any other clubs doing there best to get out of div3 or are they just happy in div3 having a kick on a satdy arvo
I no what the supporters and sponsors would want

Mernda is all the talk at the moment
Is there any other clubs doing there best to get out of div3 or are they just happy in div3 having a kick on a satdy arvo
I no what the supporters and sponsors would want
At what cost is the topic? Laurimar and Kilmore perhaps best placed to stay up?

Let's say mernda play 10 new recruits 3-5 pointers.
How many points are we allowed this year?
I can't see many left to fill the other 12 spots in the senior side.

Will either have existing players walk out or new blokes walk out when they realise that something that was promised can't be forfilled.
The head senior coach is still ringing young blokes from other clubs so they mustn't be that confident in there talent down there.

There is nothing wrong with recruiting and calling players isn't that what a coach is ment to do create or build a side but in saying that
It only takes one player to get his nose put out that he cart play dew to points or salary and it will upset the dynamics of the side as well as the club
Sometimes as a coach you carnt win

There is nothing wrong with recruiting and calling players isn't that what a coach is ment to do create or build a side but in saying that
It only takes one player to get his nose put out that he cart play dew to points or salary and it will upset the dynamics of the side as well as the club
Sometimes as a coach you carnt win
Yeah absolutely but the middle of feb with only 4 weeks until practice matches is alittle late is the pre season to still be chasing blokes.

Will either have existing players walk out or new blokes walk out when they realise that something that was promised can't be forfilled.
The head senior coach is still ringing young blokes from other clubs so they mustn't be that confident in there talent down there.
Good on the coach for being proactive. Trying to build a stronger overall list I assume.

You guys do make good points, I didn't consider the effects of covid.

Any news with practise matches yet?

Nah bro, all those mernda players signed in 2019 so technically been on the list for over 1 year so they won’t be 5 pointers.
They have exposed a loophole and cashed in big time.. one step ahead of the game in my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back