NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh well at least the season won’t be a failure for mernda if it is final 6 they’ll get to play finals 😂😂😂
Top 5 makes sense because of the compromised fixture but top 6…you are kidding me right, a team that has 3 wins up until this point in the season who has only beaten reservoir and Lalor has no right to play finals.
What a kick in the guts that would be for the teams that have had to win games to have the priveledge to play finals.

Makes sense for me. West and Eltham could both make cases and would be ideal if they both make it and play week 1
If they’re going to change it then top 5 seems fair in my opinion. At the end of the year each team will not play every team twice so it’s an unfair draw. Covid has been a pain no doubt but if you make it a top 5 then both Kilmore and Laurimar will get the double chance by finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively and both West & Turtles will play in an elimination final week 1 . We at the Bloods for instance will play Laurimar 3 times and Mernda only once. Let’s just hope we get back to footy this week 🤞🤞

Asking questions when you already know the answer 😉. I share your cynicism.
If they can’t squeeze 18 games out of 8 team season, why not shoot for a final 6…?

my bet, 14 rounds final 5… which is kinda fair on some levels if it all balances out.

With COVID creat scheduling uncertainty, a decreased salary cap and clubs/volunteers coming of an already tight 2020, Think it should have been a 14 game season from the start leaving room for adjustment and balanced income… No hindsight needed there, just common sense but hey, wiser heads than mine sit at that decision making table.

Last edited:
If they can’t squeeze 18 games out of 8 team season, why not shoot for a final 6…?

my bet, 14 rounds final 5… which is kinda fair on some levels if it all balances out.

With COVID allowing scheduling uncertainty, a decreased salary cap and clubs/volunteers coming of an already tight 2020, Think it should have been a 14 game season from the start leaving room for adjustment and balanced income… No hindsight needed there, just common sense but hey, wiser heads than mine sit at that decision making table.
Ben you know motivating factors is financial.

looks like community sport will be given the go ahead with 100 maximum in attendance. Surely they have to hold off for a week and try to get more allowance on attendance numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben you know motivating factors is financial.

looks like community sport will be given the go ahead with 100 maximum in attendance. Surely they have to hold off for a week and try to get more allowance on attendance numbers.
100 maximum? Which means no crowds, like last time.
Hearing clubs presidents are saying no crowds no play this time. Simply cant afford to keep paying players and trainers and umpires etc and having no money coming in.

100 maximum? Which means no crowds, like last time.
Hearing clubs presidents are saying no crowds no play this time. Simply cant afford to keep paying players and trainers and umpires etc and having no money coming in.
Pretty sure the D1 presidents asked for the week to be shifted last time around with all 10 in 100% agreement… Their concerns were ignored then, I’m tipping it will be a similar ignorant stance this time around.

Just lean harder on clubs, administrators and players… About the only answer they have at HQ.

Zero genuine care for the people who roll their selves up week in week out - volunteers are treated like rate payers, being fined for their efforts along the way… Kinda sounds like the entrepreneurial skill of a council doesn’t it, i wonder who runs the show 🤔

Last edited:
Got to be top 5 now. Not even because of West and Eltham

Laurimar could easily finish 3rd and Kilmore jump them due to unfair draw.

South have been best deserve top spot

2-3 (Kilmore-Laurimar) both have been great and deserve a shot at a double chance. One missing it due to draw would be unjust

4-5 (Eltham- West) Hard to split but the draw will make it unfair for one of them to miss out.

Got to be top 5 now. Not even because of West and Eltham

Laurimar could easily finish 3rd and Kilmore jump them due to unfair draw.

South have been best deserve top spot

2-3 (Kilmore-Laurimar) both have been great and deserve a shot at a double chance. One missing it due to draw would be unjust

4-5 (Eltham- West) Hard to split but the draw will make it unfair for one of them to miss out.

looking at the draw could Laurimar go past South Morang in the final round? They play each other and Laurimar have Lalor the week prior to make up the percentage difference.

final ladder predictions assuming we return this week

Laurimar 1st 12-2
Turtles - W
Lalor - W
South Morang - W

South Morang 2nd 12-2
WH - W
Turtles - W
Laurimar - L

Kilmore 3rd 11-3
Lalor - W
Mernda - W
Turtles - W

West heidelberg 4th 8-6
South - L
Reservoir - W
Mernda - W

turtles 5th 7-7
Laurimar - L
South Morang - L
Kilmore - L

mernda 6th 4-10
Reservoir - W
Kilmore - L
West - L

Lalor 7th 2-12
Kilmore - L
Laurimar - L
Reservoir - W

reservoir 8th 0-14
Mernda - L
West -L
Lalor - L

Last edited:
looking at the draw could Laurimar go past South Morang in the final round? The play each other and Laurimar have Lalor the week prior to make up the percentage difference.

final ladder predictions assuming we return this week

Laurimar 1st 12-2
Turtles - W
Lalor - W
South Morang - W

South Morang 2nd 12-2
WH - W
Turtles - W
Laurimar - L

Kilmore 3rd 11-3
Lalor - W
Mernda - W
Turtles - W

West heidelberg 4th 8-6
South - L
Reservoir - W
Mernda - W

turtles 5th 7-7
Laurimar - L
South Morang - L
Kilmore - L

mernda 6th 4-10
Reservoir - W
Kilmore - L
West - L

Lalor 7th 2-12
Kilmore - L
Laurimar - L
Reservoir - W

reservoir 8th 0-14
Mernda - L
West -L
Lalor - L
It could happen, or they lose and Kilmore sneak into 2nd who missed playing South and Laurimar.

My point remains its far to compromised and offering a top 5 means all parties are fairly looked after. Can’t see there being to many complaints with that.

With no crowds i presume? I feel for all clubs in this situation if players, trainers want to be paid and other bills having to be paid. Let's hope it doesnt destroy clubs

so no fixture change despite having the chance to make an even 14 game season, no top 5 and the top 4 remains, no crowds. put an asterisk on this season and move on.

What do the people who run this league actually do?

so no fixture change despite having the chance to make an even 14 game season, no top 5 and the top 4 remains, no crowds. put an asterisk on this season and move on.

What do the people who run this league actually do?
Very strange? Why simply not have everyone play everyone twice? Can’t get more even than that🤷‍♂️. Or maybe the to hard basket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back