NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, basically a cowards punch.

Any club promoting this culture or accepting it as not much is stuck in the Stone Age and honestly not surprised they are now cellar dwellers in division 3.
Hopefully this sort of thing doesnt affect the club because it seems the guys that have been there for a while and done the right thing will be tarnished by 'ring ins ' who have no care whatsoever and do undiciplined acts to bring the heat upon them.

Be interesting to hear from Bottomtotop or asabadger about the response from the club ?

Seems odd that they commented on previous posts that he was unlucky so they are saying its acceptable? WTF?

I've know Cuts for 30 plus years and I'd be surprised if he approved of this behaviour. Just because one person does an act like this it shouldn't tarnish the whole playing group/club.
Hopefully this sort of thing doesnt affect the club because it seems the guys that have been there for a while and done the right thing will be tarnished by 'ring ins ' who have no care whatsoever and do undiciplined acts to bring the heat upon them.

Be interesting to hear from Bottomtotop or asabadger about the response from the club ?

Seems odd that they commented on previous posts that he was unlucky so they are saying its acceptable? WTF?

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Huge round of footy for a few teams

Old Eltham Vs Mernda - Turtles by 19. Big game for both as it’s a long way back for the loser, I think turtles on their home deck will get the job done after a good game against the Power.

West v Power - West by 2 points. Not giving up on West yet after a very poor game against Kilmore. Maybe I’ll look stupid though!

Kilmore v Mustangs - Kilmore by 150. Good to see Mustangs have a more competitive match but I think Kilmore will destroy them.

South v Lalor - South by 31. Hard to tip against South but just feeling Lalor will snatch a surprise win sooner or later. Louis Hill has been going very well along with their recruits.

Huge round of footy for a few teams

Old Eltham Vs Mernda - Turtles by 19. Big game for both as it’s a long way back for the loser, I think turtles on their home deck will get the job done after a good game against the Power.

West v Power - West by 2 points. Not giving up on West yet after a very poor game against Kilmore. Maybe I’ll look stupid though!

Kilmore v Mustangs - Kilmore by 150. Good to see Mustangs have a more competitive match but I think Kilmore will destroy them.

South v Lalor - South by 31. Hard to tip against South but just feeling Lalor will snatch a surprise win sooner or later. Louis Hill has been going very well along with their recruits.
Turtles by 20
Power by 30
Blues by 180
South by 60

Agreed, basically a cowards punch.

Any club promoting this culture or accepting it as not much is stuck in the Stone Age and honestly not surprised they are now cellar dwellers in division 3.
Absolute dog act, should've been more than 3 weeks for the shear stupidity and danger of such an act.

Hopefully Lalor have had a stern word with him

Lol you have to be from LALOR ...hope they play well

Lol cause I tipped them? Haha
Looking forward to watching Mernda and turtles this weekend, should be a cracker and looking forward to watching Mernda for the first time, to see why they are 1/3 I have tipped them. Going to be a good game a mini final this early. Who ever losers it is definitely season over.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Round 5 of division 3 footy and some big games
OEC (1-3) take on Mernda (1-3) in a massive game for both teams. Both teams would be disappointed with their first month of footy and a loss here will make it hard to make top 4. Both teams have made multiple selection changes for this week. Mernda need to find another avenue to goal as apart from Kimuliatis with 14, there next best is Edwards and smith with 4
Turtles have Cloney, Whittaker,Murphy and Smith with 4 or more goals. Turtles at home by 16 pts
Heidelberg West (3-1) take on the undefeated Laurimar (4-0) at home, west would be very disappointed with last weeks trip to Kilmore only kicking 5 goals for the game and need to bounce back. It won’t be easy against a Laurimar team that welcomed back Williamson last week who kicked a lazy 9, he will enjoy the open spaces at west and Laurimar to continue with their winning ways. Power by 27 pts
Kilmore (2-2) take on Reservoir (0-4) at home and showed last week that they are a good footy team, especially at home. With Ryall and Barton having good season the blues will look to increase there percentage against reservoir. Gregson kicked 6 last week but unfortunately he is out this week which makes it more difficult for resa to kick a competitive score. Kilmore by 100+ pts
Lalor (1-3) take on Sth Morang (4-0). Lalor broke though for there first win last week and will look to try and cause an upset against undefeated Sth morang. Can Lalor bottle up the young runners of Morang or will the youth and exuberance of Morang be too quick for the Bloods
The Lions by 36pts
Enjoy your footy this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s what there contract says anyway hehehe ( move on nothing to see here)....!!!

I understand your cynicism Kitkat, but from what I hear out of Kilmore it is genuine. Strangely enough, the player payment cutbacks due to COVID have had a positive outcome there. A group of senior players have made a pact to forego their match payments in order to retain the list in an attempt to win a flag.

Last edited:
If true that is huge for such a developing club, I have watched the kids coming through as juniors over the last two playing seasons 2018/19. Paul Desi Derrek who previously coached Mernda FC has had these kids under his wing at the KJFC as a junior assistant coach for a few years and now coaching them as 19s. With the senior group setting a standard of playing for the JUMPER instead of the CA$H the sky's the limit for this playing group. Well done to the playing group who thought of the club instead of their wallets.

I understand your cynicism Kitkat, but from what I hear out of Kilmore it is genuine. Strangely enough, the player payment cutbacks due to COVID have had a positive outcome there. A group of senior players have made a pact to forego their match payments in order to retain the list in an attempt to win a flag.

This should make for an interesting afternoon, speaking to the locals from Mernda things aren’t that great at the club re players and coach and if they lose today the drums will starting beating for a change of coach ?
Just repeating some things I’ve heard here today and that’s straight from Mernda supporters. Should make for a interesting afternoon.

This should make for an interesting afternoon, speaking to the locals from Mernda things aren’t that great at the club re players and coach and if they lose today the drums will starting beating for a change of coach ?
Just repeating some things I’ve heard here today and that’s straight from Mernda supporters. Should make for a interesting afternoon.

I hope Mernda are okay after today.

I thought they would struggle against the turtles after what I seen dished up the week before against South, still a very young list with a lot of improvement to come but that doesn't take weeks that can take years. What do you mean (had a little bit of some Mernda analysis)
Convincing loss to turtles and had a little bit of some Mernda analysis...

They are still to play kilmore 3 times, Laurimar 2 more times, west and Morang once and turtles 2 more times.

Lucky they get Reservoir 3 times hey!

I thought they would struggle against the turtles after what I seen dished up the week before against South, still a very young list with a lot of improvement to come but that doesn't take weeks that can take years. What do you mean (had a little bit of some Mernda analysis)

Just looking into how doom and gloom the rest of the season looks for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back