NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t honestly tell you all I know is what went down yesterday the coach addressing the players at 3/4 time then tell them to F OFF and get back on the ground or the president calling them all “C” after the game in the change rooms..
It will be very hard for both coach and president to come back from that. Yes the players get paid to play some more than others. But no one deserves to be spoken too and treated like that after all... there is so much I learned yesterday about the Mernda footy club and it really is a shock that clubs that rely on locals and supporters would see the 2 head blocks in charge react the way the did..!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not good look from all involved

Be relevant to your community,
Make young men be better for being at your club
And
Aim to have an Auskicker one day captain the seniors.

Deviate too far from those ideals and things can get messy pretty quick.

Unfortunately there’s no short cuts when building stability without band-aids.

Calling for resignations though... give me a spell - no one goes into a volunteer position at local footy hoping to fail.

Desi is a personal friend of mine and even though his exit wasn’t a smooth one, he is in a terrific position now with his two sons playing at a club they live around the corner from. He’s in a good place and loving his family time.

Mernda have a road ahead of them for the remainder of 2021 but if they can get that junior/senior affiliation back on track - There is hope... It’s just going back to what had been the agenda for the few seasons prior to COVID.

The current strategy might have pushed back “organically grown” finals by 3-4 years.

Like I said I’m on the outside looking in and am only going on what I heard from supporters and seen and heard myself yesterday..

And I apologise to the coach I thought his position was a paid position from the club and I didn’t realise he was a volunteer which means he can treat who ever he wants how ever he wants when ever he wants.

And apologies to the president also I didn’t realise being a volunteer gives a person the right to speak to and treat people the way he wants, like peasants who are beneath him.

Obviously I’m out of touch with how a culture is built at a footy club.

In what world should a president be abusing the players!? No wonder so many seem to leave year after year.

What about when these stories are heard by parents of the juniors or 19s

What about the 17 year old who made his debut and just called abused by club officials?

I know help is hard to find but I’d be calling an extraordinary meeting because a lot of damage could be done if not fixed

Like I said I’m on the outside looking in and am only going on what I heard from supporters and seen and heard myself yesterday..

And I apologise to the coach I thought his position was a paid position from the club and I didn’t realise he was a volunteer which means he can treat who ever he wants how ever he wants when ever he wants.

And apologies to the president also I didn’t realise being a volunteer gives a person the right to speak to and treat people the way he wants, like peasants who are beneath him.

Obviously I’m out of touch with how a culture is built at a footy club.

Volunteer coach ???? Doubt it

Come on from what I seen today they have a couple of young blokes in there but a lot of 20/21/22 year olds as well if they can’t impact div 3 footy is it the coach not getting it right or is it the players just ain’t good enough.. from what I hear maybe the president should maybe put his hand up as coach after his spray. Laughing stock especially after the way they talked themselves up.. $$$ don’t always speak success.. look at south and Kilmore

A club that is self imploding
In hindsight had they been able to keep players such as nik aleksovski, Matt Campbell, Matt Dean, Brad dimech, Andy Marino, Brendan Egbert, Tyson sparks
And coach Paul derrick
Where would they sit now
I am pretty sure they would be in a much better position.
Appalling the way the president carried on
How do they expect junior to hang around and play senior football. I certainly would be looking for another club not the environment I want my young man to grow up in.
Mernda need to have a good hard look at there executive committee and coaches.
Absolute joke of the nfnl at the moment

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

In hindsight had they been able to keep players such as nik aleksovski, Matt Campbell, Matt Dean, Brad dimech, Andy Marino, Brendan Egbert, Tyson sparks
And coach Paul derrick
Where would they sit now
How do they expect junior to hang around and play senior football. I certainly would be looking for another club not the environment I want my young man to grow up in.

Wow

I hear ya, but desi didn’t have the balls to speak up to the president either. Unless someone takes a stand the club is going down at the hands of the president who thinks it’s ok to blast the guys after a game of football instead of saying hey coach your fired, so the both sure be forced to hand in there resignations now!!!

I don’t wish to enter into the debate about what is currently occurring at Mernda, but I can’t sit back and accept the comment you made about Desi. He is a life member of the Mernda Football Netball Cub and a man of the highest integrity. He is passionate about football and developing junior players, not only as footballers but as contributors to our society. I have the utmost respect for him.

Back to some football chat

West - great bounce back after a disappointing loss to Kilmore. I really think they’ll feature in finals which is a fantastic result for them and their coach. I was skeptical of promoting a reserves coach but he has them
firing which is fantastic. Great club and a great bunch of blokes.

Laurimar - Good start, good solid side but I don’t think they’ll be premiers. Have a knack of winning games even after having an ordinary day.

Kilmore - I think they’ll improve as the season progresses. Good to see so many locals playing there. Some odd results smashing West but couldn’t beat Laurimar.

Turtles - Took them half a season to find their first win last season so I think they’ll be reasonably happy to be sitting 5th at this stage with a game against the Mustangs this week. Seemed to have solved their goal scoring woes after losing Malone.

Lalor - Seem to have improved but can’t quite match the big boys. Need to beat a side other than the Mustangs to get some confidence. It’s coming but it’ll take their best side on the ground

Mustangs - Going to be a long year, let’s hope they keep the group positive and can manage some competitive games.

South Morang - The place is flying. Didn’t look alive in the off season but let’s be honest actions speak louder than words. Red hot seniors, reserves and further Depth in the 19s. Proven finals performer so anything less than a GF would be a complete disaster from here

Mernda - Poor start. Unfortunately the players they lost haven’t even been covered by their recruits it seems. Long season, can they hold the group together?

Last edited:
Back to some football chat

West - great bounce back after a disappointing loss to Kilmore. I really think they’ll feature in finals which is a fantastic result for them and their coach. I was skeptical of promoting a reserves coach but he has them
firing which is fantastic. Great club and a great bunch of blokes.

Laurimar - Good start, good solid side but I don’t think they’ll be premiers. Have a knack of winning games even after having an ordinary day.

Kilmore - I think they’ll improve as the season progresses. Good to see so many locals playing there. Some odd results smashing West but couldn’t beat Laurimar.

Turtles - Took them half a season to find their first win last season so I think they’ll be reasonably happy to be sitting 5th at this stage with a game against the Mustangs this week. Seemed to have solved their goal scoring woes after losing Malone.

Lalor - Seem to have improved but can’t quite match the big boys. Need to beat a side other than the Mustangs to get some confidence. It’s coming but it’ll take their best side on the ground

Mustangs - Going to be a long year, let’s hope they keep the group positive and can manage some competitive games.

South Morang - The place is flying. Didn’t look alive in the off season but let’s be honest actions speak louder than words. Red hot seniors, reserves and further Depth in the 19s. Proven finals performer so anything less than a GF would be a complete disaster from here

Mernda - Poor start. Unfortunately the players they lost haven’t even been covered by their recruits it seems. Long season, can they hold the group together?
Morang team to beat currently. They have shown they have what it takes against kilmore but the next 2 weeks have Laurimar and West so that will really shape where all 3 of the teams are at.
Kilmore play Lalor, Reservoir and Mernda 3 times... they would be licking their lips now knowing that the 3rd time they play Mernda is also a given win it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

emoji95.png

And coach Paul derrick
Where would they sit now

Hey SHIITZNGIGIGZ , if your going to come in here DO YOUR HOME WORK
CAMPBELL ✔
ALEKSOVSKI ✔
DIMECH ✔
SPARKS ✔
As for EGBERT 🍌
MARINO 🍔🌭
DEAN 🍋🍋
2019 COACHES DERRICK 1st ( 1-4 )
MERANE 2nds ( 3-2 )
FLETCH U/19s ( 3-2 )
emoji95.png

And coach Paul derrick
Where would they sit now

HEY SHITZNGIG
If
emoji95.png

And coach Paul derrick
Where would they sit now

Hey SHITZNGIGZ ,
If you going to come on here
Do your home work SHIZ
DIMECH ✔ EGBERT 🍌🍌
SPARKS ✔ MARINO 🍕🍟🍔
ALEKSOVSKI ✔DEAN 🥚🥚🥚
2019 coach DERRICK (1-4 )
MERANE ( 3-2)
FLETCH ( 3-2)
2021 coach FLETCH (1-4)
?????? (2-3)
?????? ( 2-3)
Witch coaches need to have a good hard look at themselves????
Ya 🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜

CAMPBELL
ALEKSOVSKI
DIMECH
SPARKS
As for EGBERT
MARINO
DEAN
MERANE 2nds ( 3-2 )
FLETCH U/19s ( 3-2 )

HEY SHITZNGIG
If

Hey SHITZNGIGZ ,
Do your home work SHIZ
DIMECH EGBERT
SPARKS MARINO
ALEKSOVSKI DEAN 🥚🥚🥚
MERANE ( 3-2)
FLETCH ( 3-2)
2021 coach FLETCH (1-4)
?????? (2-3)
?????? ( 2-3)
Ya 🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜

So based on your stats..
Fletch with the same start as Derrick so that means he is finished as was Derrick as they had found his replacement in Fletch half way through the year .. so Fletcher is GONE..!! If we are comparing apples with apples and the 2019 season..!!
And now you are putting back on the reserves and under 19’s coaches the lack of depth at the club...
Mmmmmm I wonder if those guys in those positions would be happy to wear the blame of the position the club is now in ?? As I see your statement as a half arsed effort to save the senior coach..!!

CAMPBELL ✔
ALEKSOVSKI ✔
DIMECH ✔
SPARKS ✔
As for EGBERT 🍌
MARINO 🍔🌭
DEAN 🍋🍋
MERANE 2nds ( 3-2 )
FLETCH U/19s ( 3-2 )

HEY SHITZNGIG
If

Hey SHITZNGIGZ ,
Do your home work SHIZ
DIMECH ✔ EGBERT 🍌🍌
SPARKS ✔ MARINO 🍕🍟🍔
ALEKSOVSKI ✔DEAN 🥚🥚🥚
MERANE ( 3-2)
FLETCH ( 3-2)
2021 coach FLETCH (1-4)
?????? (2-3)
?????? ( 2-3)
Ya 🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜
Good of you to come in here and bag past players.

Not sure what your emojis even mean?

What’s the issue at the club then if most players you lost weren’t good in your view

So based on your stats..
Fletch with the same start as Derrick so that means he is finished as was Derrick as they had found his replacement in Fletch half way through the year .. so Fletcher is GONE..!! If we are comparing apples with apples and the 2019 season..!!
And now you are putting back on the reserves and under 19’s coaches the lack of depth at the club...
Mmmmmm I wonder if those guys in those positions would be happy to wear the blame of the position the club is now in ?? As I see your statement as a half arsed effort to save the senior coach..!!

Maybe half a is someone involved heavily in the club or maybe heavily involved in ones own interest ..

Hang on a minute
The mernda u19s list he coached 2019 was built by 2 other guys Mick and Benny in 2018 they were the ones who got all those kids together
He just took the kids over the next year and got into the committee about the senior role behind desi's back with a couple senior players jumping on board with him
Sounds like the old footy karma has caught him out same at jacana

CAMPBELL ✔
ALEKSOVSKI ✔
DIMECH ✔
SPARKS ✔
As for EGBERT 🍌
MARINO 🍔🌭
DEAN 🍋🍋
MERANE 2nds ( 3-2 )
FLETCH U/19s ( 3-2 )

HEY SHITZNGIG
If

Hey SHITZNGIGZ ,
Do your home work SHIZ
DIMECH ✔ EGBERT 🍌🍌
SPARKS ✔ MARINO 🍕🍟🍔
ALEKSOVSKI ✔DEAN 🥚🥚🥚
MERANE ( 3-2)
FLETCH ( 3-2)
2021 coach FLETCH (1-4)
?????? (2-3)
?????? ( 2-3)
Ya 🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜
Let’s talk facts in 2021?

Matthew Dean named in the best 3 out 4 senior games at turtles

Matt Campbell consistent senior player Who is playing senior Tassie state league

Andrew Marino 4 senior appearances with Roxy (div 2)

Egberts 4 senior games with Roxy (div2)

Brad Dimech 4 senior games at Roxy

Duclos retired

nik aleksovski 11 goals in 4 games for deer park (div1)

Sparkes 5 games for Lyndhurst 3 times in best

Replaced by Smith king Austin kimaliatis evans? Apart from Austin, Kimaliatis and Evans I think the club would be disappointed with there returns. Keep investing in the kids long term

Hang on a minute
The mernda u19s list he coached 2019 was built by 2 other guys Mick and Benny in 2018 they were the ones who got all those kids together
He just took the kids over the next year and got into the committee about the senior role behind desi's back with a couple senior players jumping on board with him
Sounds like the old footy karma has caught him out same at jacana
Wonder what those Senior players are thinking now?

Let’s talk facts in 2021?

Matthew Dean named in the best 3 out 4 senior games at turtles

Matt Campbell consistent senior player Who is playing senior Tassie state league

Andrew Marino 4 senior appearances with Roxy (div 2)

Egberts 4 senior games with Roxy (div2)

Brad Dimech 4 senior games at Roxy

Duclos retired

nik aleksovski 11 goals in 4 games for deer park (div1)

Sparkes 5 games for Lyndhurst 3 times in best

Replaced by Smith king Austin kimaliatis evans? Apart from Austin, Kimaliatis and Evans I think the club would be disappointed with there returns. Keep investing in the kids long term
Pretty damning, that’s a lot of quality in division 3 leaving a list.

Ask a Mernda supporter though and they will pull out any reason why those guys aren’t justified as good players
I'd have Sparksy, Dimech, Aleksovski and Hammer back in a heart beat.

SPARKSY is playing in the southern league division 4 I'd expect him to come close to winning league B&F. Ripper bloke and really enjoyed the blokes at the club.

DIMECH is a raging bull and that's what Fletch needs but DIMECH wasn't going to stay after Desi was moved on.
B&F winner and brought with him a awesome family which threw themselves into the club and HELPED.

ALEKSOVSKI is absolutely flying over at Deer Park, DIVISION 1 WRFL has had to make his way into the strongest side in metropolitan football over the last 7 years. 7 flags in 7 years and looking on target for their 8th. Playing as a small pressure forward. Watched him in three games this year and has impressed me his attack on the player and his silky skills around goals. He has seriously taken his game to another level and credit to him for testing himself. If only he was at the feet of Kimo.

HAMMER Over in the Tassie league cut his teeth at senior level two weeks ago. Haven't watched him closely but I always said he could've been anything if he applied himself and wasn't Lazy. Maybe going to Tassie will give him the nudge he needed.

The other players are just 2nds players.
Great blokes but 2s footy everyday of the week.

Mernda people can say what they like about the quality of the players that left, but why did these blokes leave in the first place???

That should be the question!!

Ask a Mernda supporter though and they will pull out any reason why those guys aren’t justified as good players

I'd have Sparksy, Dimech, Aleksovski and Hammer back in a heart beat.

SPARKSY is playing in the southern league division 4 I'd expect him to come close to winning league B&F. Ripper bloke and really enjoyed the blokes at the club.

DIMECH is a raging bull and that's what Fletch needs but DIMECH wasn't going to stay after Desi was moved on.
B&F winner and brought with him a awesome family which threw themselves into the club and HELPED.

ALEKSOVSKI is absolutely flying over at Deer Park, DIVISION 1 WRFL has had to make his way into the strongest side in metropolitan football over the last 7 years. 7 flags in 7 years and looking on target for their 8th. Playing as a small pressure forward. Watched him in three games this year and has impressed me his attack on the player and his silky skills around goals. He has seriously taken his game to another level and credit to him for testing himself. If only he was at the feet of Kimo.

HAMMER Over in the Tassie league cut his teeth at senior level two weeks ago. Haven't watched him closely but I always said he could've been anything if he applied himself and wasn't Lazy. Maybe going to Tassie will give him the nudge he needed.

The other players are just 2nds players.
Great blokes but 2s footy everyday of the week.

Mernda people can say what they like about the quality of the players that left, but why did these blokes leave in the first place???

That should be the question!!

The number of one point players in a senior team mixed with positive results says a lot about what a club has interns of either youth coming through or culture.

From the senior teams that played on the weekend teams fielded the following:
Morang - 21 x 1 point players
H. West - 19 x 1 point players
Kilmore - 19 x 1 point players
Turtles - 16 x 1 point players
Reservoir - 16 x 1 point players
Laurimar - 14 x 1 point players
Mernda - 14 x 1 point players
Lalor - 13 x 1 point players

A positive for reservoir is that although the scoreboard isn’t happening it seems they have the players sticking by them.

With a junior club of Merndas caliber and a strong 19s, they shouldn’t have 8 players not home grown and still only have 1 win to show for it. I can understand if you’re rebuilding through your juniors and the success is lacking but when you’re bringing in guys externally and having no luck then this is very worrying.

Compare it to South Morangs list where they are probably paying substantially less on player payments and apart from 1 player are all players bred through the Morang system - go back 5 years ago and this wasn’t the case.

Mernda is now probably where Morang were back then except don’t have the finals experience that Morang could still achieve even when they were favouring recruits over their junior system.

Laurimar seem to blood through their youth with the addition of top up recruits but seem to be targeting the right players to balance themselves out and this shows with how they are sitting.

Kilmore are getting the interest back in all of the ex players who probably disappeared for a bit during their years of down time who have now realised their is something seriously worth playing for back at their home club.

West to have 19 1 point players with no juniors or 19s and knock off Laurimar show that players are staying and buying into the club, including many who have ridden some tough times.

Lalor are trying but don’t seem like they are achieving the right balance or retention just yet.

I don’t wish to enter into the debate about what is currently occurring at Mernda, but I can’t sit back and accept the comment you made about Desi. He is a life member of the Mernda Football Netball Cub and a man of the highest integrity. He is passionate about football and developing junior players, not only as footballers but as contributors to our society. I have the utmost respect for him.

You can take that comment any way you wish, it wasn’t vindictive or nasty it was more to the point he didn’t stand up for himself or others and they kicked him hard, never did I say he didn’t contribute or wasn’t passionate. It’s very sad how they can treat a life member that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back