NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Way too early. AFL clubs aren’t even back yet and their season starts before the NFNL. It’s simply laughable

Unfortunately selected clubs start early and it pressures other clubs to start early.

It’s just out of the same coaches manual who run 5 practice matches. Way overdoing it.
This :arrowup::arrowup: I 100% agree with.

I also think it's ridiculous - interested to hear if there is any reasonable counter argument
I will bite.....

Would it be good for your health to be doing something?
Be active, with some mates, doing something you like?
We all know a lot of blokes get on the cans at the races etc, so 2 nights of activity in a group situation would be a good thing?
Blokes are probably doing their own stuff now anyway, so training in a group is always easier for motivation than heading out for a run/gym on your own?
Would it be good for blokes mental health to be active? Especially in a group situation. Given all the complaints about not being able to meet up in the lockdowns.
Injury prevention... blokes coming back off nothing for 3 months and load up, recipe for injury?

Just a few things off the top of my head. There is no 1 fit for every player or every club. Do what works for you to be fit and healthy.

I will bite.....

Would it be good for your health to be doing something?
Be active, with some mates, doing something you like?
We all know a lot of blokes get on the cans at the races etc, so 2 nights of activity in a group situation would be a good thing?
Blokes are probably doing their own stuff now anyway, so training in a group is always easier for motivation than heading out for a run/gym on your own?
Would it be good for blokes mental health to be active? Especially in a group situation. Given all the complaints about not being able to meet up in the lockdowns.
Injury prevention... blokes coming back off nothing for 3 months and load up, recipe for injury?

Just a few things off the top of my head. There is no 1 fit for every player or every club. Do what works for you to be fit and healthy.
With that theory you should never stop football training..

End of the day from my experience blokes get worn out, commitment is too large, pre season drags on forever and momentum dies.

You can just simply over do it.

Injuries won’t happen if you know what your doing with a proper program

Either way start whenever you like like you said each group is different but quality over quantity will win every time.

With that theory you should never stop football training..

End of the day from my experience blokes get worn out, commitment is too large, pre season drags on forever and momentum dies.

You can just simply over do it.

Injuries won’t happen if you know what your doing with a proper program

Either way start whenever you like like you said each group is different but quality over quantity will win every time.
If you look at the top end of Div 1, there is already groups of players doing fitness and other sessions before pre season starts. There is a reason they are where they are.

Maybe it's a Div 3 mentality by some people, that less is more. These Div 3 clubs and players should be aiming to play at a higher level. If it means starting in November, then good on them. It's 1.5 hours twice a week. Hardly going over the top.

If you look at the top end of Div 1, there is already groups of players doing fitness and other sessions before pre season starts. There is a reason they are where they are.

Maybe it's a Div 3 mentality by some people, that less is more. These Div 3 clubs and players should be aiming to play at a higher level. If it means starting in November, then good on them. It's 1.5 hours twice a week. Hardly going over the top.
A lot of the Div1 clubs have affiliations with group fitness gyms (BodyFit, F45, Summit360 etc), and there's already regular faces popping up from Bundoora, Banyule, Mont, Heidelberg so there's no reason why the Div3 clubs can't have similar mentality.

A lot of the Div1 clubs have affiliations with group fitness gyms (BodyFit, F45, Summit360 etc), and there's already regular faces popping up from Bundoora, Banyule, Mont, Heidelberg so there's no reason why the Div3 clubs can't have similar mentality.
There are plenty of D3 players working out in the off season… hardly a unique D1 thing.

Maybe it's a Div 3 mentality by some people, that less is more. These Div 3 clubs and players should be aiming to play at a higher level. If it means starting in November, then good on them. It's 1.5 hours twice a week. Hardly going over the a
Certainly not a D3 mentality. I’d say there’s plenty of D1 clubs starting training later than D3 clubs.

Anyway up to individual coaches.

100% a D3 mentality
Don’t get confused with ability and fitness, Some people have a thing called a “life” you can train the house down be the fittest bloke out there but unfortunately can’t play football, that’s why it’s called football not athletics

Having worked in the Fitness Industry for quite a few years you tend to see the guys playing higher levels of footy maintaining strength work throughout the season and ramping up cardio training on the lead into pre season off there own accord.
D1 clubs generally have someone employed in S and C and will do individual programs as well, meaning group training can start later with the trust a player will come back in a reasonable condition - D3 players (for the best part) will do minimal work before training starts and need extra sessions pre xmas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back