Remove this Banner Ad

NorthernBastard

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Not actually Richmond
No doubt anyone who is serious about playing senior footy, and happy to collect $$$'s to do so, should be putting in work in the off season - whether it be in the gym / x-training / running / solo / small groups - whatever they may need or benefit from most.

I guess my concern with commencing training early/mid-November is you may not get great numbers, which leads to lower morale and training quality, potentially resentment for the blokes that are not at training. If you bring in new signings and you have this environment, is it a good look? i think time away from the club isn't a bad thing, so the time at the club is more exciting.

On the other hand if you lock in 5-8 session block, 3-4 weeks before X-mas, and hopefully get more buy in and attendance, you might gain more from it?
That's my theory anyway

Having said all that, each club/coach/playing group need to do what is right for them and their situation.

Im starting to think Fitzroy might surprise a few next season.

Have brought back a heap of experienced operators to be around the club for 2023, and mentor a few of the oyunger guys. Have also grabbed a few from the country by the look of it, including best and fairest winners.

You also can't tell me Mungara Brown won't have an impact in D3. Will be way too smart for most in D3.

You also cant underestimate the fact they knew they were out of their depth in D2. Looks like a few have come back to the club as they know they will be competitive in D3.

Im starting to think Fitzroy might surprise a few next season.

Have brought back a heap of experienced operators to be around the club for 2023, and mentor a few of the oyunger guys. Have also grabbed a few from the country by the look of it, including best and fairest winners.

You also can't tell me Mungara Brown won't have an impact in D3. Will be way too smart for most in D3.

You also cant underestimate the fact they knew they were out of their depth in D2. Looks like a few have come back to the club as they know they will be competitive in D3.
I think they'll be decent, finals would be the aim

Lost their top 2 BnF to Panton Hill though so essentially replacing them to start.

Im sure more recruits to come.

Should be a great year.

Im still nervous about Reservoirs future.

Reservoir have had a lot of changes at the top since the end of the season, word from the people at the club is that things are moving in a positive direction - having recruited players, secured sponsors and have existing playing list committing to the 2023 season, add to that 2023 will be the 100 year anniversary of the Club - No need to worry about the 'Stangs in 2023 10571z they'll be ok

Reservoir have had a lot of changes at the top since the end of the season, word from the people at the club is that things are moving in a positive direction - having recruited players, secured sponsors and have existing playing list committing to the 2023 season, add to that 2023 will be the 100 year anniversary of the Club - No need to worry about the 'Stangs in 2023 10571z they'll be ok
Good to hear. Their Social media is dead besides not being able to form a committee. Glad to hear things are going better internally.

Good luck to them. The comp is better when every club is competitive and it must be trying for everyone there to find a way to pull themselves up the ladder

Good to hear. Their Social media is dead besides not being able to form a committee. Glad to hear things are going better internally.
Probably a reason why the socials were a bit quiet - my understanding is all key committee positions have been filled albeit after the AGM

All anyone wants is a solid competitive div 3 with minimal blow out results

Will be interesting to see what impact Kinglake will have coming back into the league

Can definitely see the sales of long sleeve jumpers go up across D3 ;)

Probably a reason why the socials were a bit quiet - my understanding is all key committee positions have been filled albeit after the AGM

All anyone wants is a solid competitive div 3 with minimal blow out results

Will be interesting to see what impact Kinglake will have coming back into the league

Can definitely see the sales of long sleeve jumpers go up across D3 ;)
Seems they got the message posting their first recruit which is good to see!

Kinglake will go alright. They played Mernda in a praccy anyone know what the result was (yes it’s just a praccy)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may have been discussed already but has there ever been any discussion between Old Eltham FC and Research Juniors about a partnership? It just makes so much sense, particularly as OE are now an NFNL side. Obviously it's been a successful partnership with Lower Plenty and Research and at this stage, Lower certainly offer a better standard of football to progress to, however in time I could see an OE/Research alignment being a pretty good way of growing both clubs. Thoughts?

This may have been discussed already but has there ever been any discussion between Old Eltham FC and Research Juniors about a partnership? It just makes so much sense, particularly as OE are now an NFNL side. Obviously it's been a successful partnership with Lower Plenty and Research and at this stage, Lower certainly offer a better standard of football to progress to, however in time I could see an OE/Research alignment being a pretty good way of growing both clubs. Thoughts?
I cant imagine it hasn't been discussed. Lower would fight very hard to not allow it to happen and with plenty of cross over families road blocking it you'd imagine.

But I agree it makes sense, research is 1 minute away and lower plenty are in a different council zone.

I cant imagine it hasn't been discussed. Lower would fight very hard to not allow it to happen and with plenty of cross over families road blocking it you'd imagine.

But I agree it makes sense, research is 1 minute away and lower plenty are in a different council zone.
LP only club in NFNL that voted no to OEC coming in says it all. LP knew that even with an agreement/MOU, RJFC players would naturally be aligned to a club closer to home. LP are in a very interesting situation with many players seemingly leaving or already left, poor U19s and aged reserves in 2022 they need a serious review of their game plan it seems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back