NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely not a whipser that one.

But a whisper that i heard is that Daniel Wells may also be having a run down there.
Great news for the comp and short term opportunities for the club.

That said, will be interesting to see if it can encourage more young players to the Stars (that play the majority of games) and sets them up moving forward beyond 3 or 4 games per year.

Chump

Anyone heard about big Michael boundy down at the Vikings? Is he finished? Will he go again ? Think his got plenty more to offer in those legs and could be a serious danger in that forward line in 2024.

Shem Joseph

Last edited:
Anyone heard about big Michael boundy down at the Vikings? Is he finished? Will he go again ? Think his got plenty more to offer in those legs and could be a serious danger in that forward line in 2024.

Stone cold
Massive if he stays on will be a great rotation between himself and Gilmore. The big fella is known for kicking lots of bags at the paradians kicking silly amounts such as 10 and 9 on multiple occasions. Interesting to see how he goes in the northern football netball league.

-Rubes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive if he stays on will be a great rotation between himself and Gilmore. The big fella is known for kicking lots of bags at the paradians kicking silly amounts such as 10 and 9 on multiple occasions. Interesting to see how he goes in the northern football netball league.

-Rubes
He kicked bags of goals in what was effectively div 5 football. Won't get near it

Boundy and Close will be in the top 5 forwards in the division I’d say.
I completely agree mate. Last I heard he struggled with constant hamstring and knee niggles but if he is able to get his body right, he may well slot into FF team of the year position. For those commenting on the standard of ammos footy, it is no joke and I think we will be surprised by Ivanhoe and the OP boys.

-Ruben

I completely agree mate. Last I heard he struggled with constant hamstring and knee niggles but if he is able to get his body right, he may well slot into FF team of the year position. For those commenting on the standard of ammos footy, it is no joke and I think we will be surprised by Ivanhoe and the OP boys.

-Ruben
Hit the absolute nail on the head with that one nippys, could not agree more!! Exciting times ahead for the division with all this talent going to be an absolute joy to watch. Can’t wait

Having watched a fair bit of local footy I think our 2023 list would have been near the bottom of Div 3 NFNL - we struggled in D1 VAFA (effectively div 4). That said our 2022 premiership team had several past NFNL Div 1 & 2 players, AFL and VFL and just some good local guys. It was a very strong side that would have made the four in NFNL Div 3 and maybe been ok (mid-table) in NFNL Div 2.

From what I am hearing for 2024 we have signed mainly young, ex-IJFC players and not any big name / marquee players (Jetta, Gilmore, Nipper, etc), so I think first year in will be interesting to see where we are at. We would have to improve ALOT on last year to make finals in year 1 if all the buzz around teams improving their lists is correct.

Chump

I'll state again, Fitzroy will be very very hard to beat next season.

Just about a lock for

I'll state again, Fitzroy will be very very hard to beat next season.

Just about a lock for finals
Stars will play finals. Farrant is a freak and when available Thorpe will combine to be 2 of the best key forwards in Div 3. Players back to the club next season in Proctor and Karpany and Stars latest recruit who was announced a couple of days ago on socials added to Burns will more than match any midfield in Div 3 although not sure how they are looking in the ruck. Stars were a fair way off last year but have added 8 quality senior players before you add in Jetta and possibly Betts and Wells for occasional games. If they can keep their best side on the park they will be capable of beating anyone. Not sure it will translate into long term success for the Stars but they will be right up there next year in what looks like being a real competitive Div 3 season.

Having watched a fair bit of local footy I think our 2023 list would have been near the bottom of Div 3 NFNL - we struggled in D1 VAFA (effectively div 4). That said our 2022 premiership team had several past NFNL Div 1 & 2 players, AFL and VFL and just some good local guys. It was a very strong side that would have made the four in NFNL Div 3 and maybe been ok (mid-table) in NFNL Div 2.

From what I am hearing for 2024 we have signed mainly young, ex-IJFC players and not any big name / marquee players (Jetta, Gilmore, Nipper, etc), so I think first year in will be interesting to see where we are at. We would have to improve ALOT on last year to make finals in year 1 if all the buzz around teams improving their lists is correct.

Chump
I’m sure top sides in D1 VAFA would be right up there in NFNL Div 3 but I watched Parkside vs Yarra Valley in the D2 VAFA Grand Final at Coburg this season and neither of them sides would’ve beaten Heidelberg West who just failed to make finals in Division 3.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back