NFNL Juniors

Remove this Banner Ad

Ditto same club ln the 90’s real community/family affair the old blokes on the hill at bay 13 never no trouble, purely football the way it was designed to be played was a great club RSL
Yeah 100% mate, wouldn’t change a thing about it. Was great to have so many people behind you, can’t remember losing many games at home.

Felt like a bit of my heart had been ripped out when they folded, the club might have been a bit rough around the edges but it was all about the kids and one of the best communities I’ve been a part of.

Real shame as I’ve got kids now and would’ve loved for them to play footy there when they’re old enough.

Yeah 100% mate, wouldn’t change a thing about it. Was great to have so many people behind you, can’t remember losing many games at home.

Felt like a bit of my heart had been ripped out when they folded, the club might have been a bit rough around the edges but it was all about the kids and one of the best communities I’ve been a part of.

Real shame as I’ve got kids now and would’ve loved for them to play footy there when they’re old enough.
Remember my first game was against Preston RSL at the ground the bullants play at now…. Fairly confident I didn’t touch the footy all day

Remember my first game was against Preston RSL at the ground the bullants play at now…. Fairly confident I didn’t touch the footy all day
Haha at least it was on a small ground! Wish the grouse facilities they have there now were there when RSL were there. The cricket club down there did years of work to get the new rooms finally built and the Bullants were also beneficiaries in the end. Tiny ground for senior footy though!

Medal each game for a special kid.

No numbered divisions because that would hurt kids feelings.

No scoring in young age groups

Mercy rules

Is this stuff helping kids in the long run?
I remember as a junior we’d laugh at the kids at primary school who played for Preston juniors in the YJFL when they started talking about their no scoring in u/11s. Then as they went up the grades they were talking ‘Gold’ division etc instead of Div 1 etc, opposition coach handing out a medal at the end of each and every game and we’d tell them jeez that sounds bloody soft! Now the NFNL junior set up is a carbon copy it seems

Last edited:
Medal each game for a special kid.

No numbered divisions because that would hurt kids feelings.

No scoring in young age groups

Mercy rules

Is this stuff helping kids in the long run?
agree here, its the way of the world unfortunately.
Cant bring back the good old days but i guess we can try and make the most of todays times for the kids.
The grading of competitions is a total joke, Clubs refusing to play Blue Div because they wont win a flag, 6 teams in most divisions!!!???? and 3 divisions??? surely just make 2 bigger divisions and the bottom end clubs will win more games.
Needs a massive overhaul.

agree here, its the way of the world unfortunately.
Cant bring back the good old days but i guess we can try and make the most of todays times for the kids.
The grading of competitions is a total joke, Clubs refusing to play Blue Div because they wont win a flag, 6 teams in most divisions!!!???? and 3 divisions??? surely just make 2 bigger divisions and the bottom end clubs will win more games.
Needs a massive overhaul.
Agreed, got to move with the times but still got to have a laugh. This shift has been driven by parents not kids themselves and it’s slowly become the norm as kids grow up knowing nothing else. Too late to change it now.

3 divisions of 6 is a joke. 2 x 9 is almost the ideal number!

Anyone involved or had dealings with the NFNL Junior Representative programme over the years?
A fair bit of "favours for the boys" stuff goes on from what ive heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back