Rookie NGA Academy prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Say we manage to get Owens and Windhager, what roles do you see them having in our team? Is there a certain player who they'll compete for their spot with or provide depth or even an upgrade for?

Covid and lockdown may be a blessing in disguise with our young academy boys. The less games, the less exposure they have
Saints still have to pick them. Didn't we have a Nigerian player as NGA and Richmond got him?

Saints still have to pick them. Didn't we have a Nigerian player as NGA and Richmond got him?
Richmond bid.

We decided not to match.

So......

ua6A8Dp.gif

I have only heard good things about windhager and Owens. More so windhager.
But maybe the recruiting team pass on them, you never know really.
But both are showing a lot more than biggie ever did IMO.

Different case entirely, but you're right.
Biggy was a long shot that wasn't a needs case for us. Winghanger and Owens are reasonable odds of being fooyballers.
Windhager could be breaking the top 20 come the draft.
Owens is raw, but has performed better then expected this year.
we take both.
Hopefully we have 2-3 live selections before we even need to consider these guys.

we take both.
Hopefully we have 2-3 live selections before we even need to consider these guys.
Lockdowns are doing us a favor atm and historically the lower academy kids are ranked, the more they slide.
If Windy sat at 20 you'd think he'd go around 30.

Biggy is Sudanese ( but born in Kenya ).
Saints obviously had their eye on Leo, and it looks like a good choice but i hope Biggy does well. Its kind of a fairytale story if he makes it.

we take both.

The lockdowns should stop those guys rising up the draft order. How are we getting 2 or 3 before them? Are we getting rid of a couple of Seb, Billings and Dunstan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lockdowns should stop those guys rising up the draft order. How are we getting 2 or 3 before them? Are we getting rid of a couple of Seb, Billings and Dunstan?
I think Billings is gone.

Dunstan won’t get us a first. But if he did leave. He could get us a second if performs like this for the rest of the year. Someone will buy high on a contract for him.

I think Ross is staying.

I think Billings is gone.

Dunstan won’t get us a first. But if he did leave. He could get us a second if performs like this for the rest of the year. Someone will buy high on a contract for him.

I think Ross is staying.
"Senior leaders at Stkilda unhappy with Seb Ross" and was allegedly close to singing before that.
I dunno nothing, but l recken he'll be told to explore options.

"Senior leaders at Stkilda unhappy with Seb Ross" and was allegedly close to singing before that.
I dunno nothing, but l recken he'll be told to explore options.
Something crazy would have to had gone on behind the scenes.

Lethers on record prior to the Geelong game that he was nearly re-signed

Seems the wrong order (Ross should be first to go), notwithstanding Ross won’t gain much.
I think Ross would get us an end of second round and JB an end of first.
Others will disagree but I'd be perfectly happy with that.
With the inclusion of Coff, Clark, Gresh, Snaggs, Pato, perhaps Battle and Connolly, there's no place in the team for them any more and we may as well use whatever they bring us to address other needs.
The same can be said for Dunny since Bytel can fill that spot, but on form you'd probably rather keep him.

WINDHAGON and Owens are not the only St.Kilda academy kids of interest. Young Jack Peris had a good game at the weekend, and there are several others that apparently might make the grade.

WINDHAGON and Owens are not the only St.Kilda academy kids of interest. Young Jack Peris had a good game at the weekend, and there are several others that apparently might make the grade.
Peris would be a Cat b rookie proposition at best. Worth a punt in my opinion but is a fair way behind the Owens and co.

Peris would be a Cat b rookie proposition at best. Worth a punt in my opinion but is a fair way behind the Owens and co.
Why do people keep saying that? He has been rated very highly by the saints for a long time and can run a 100 metres in under 11 seconds. With those assets he will get drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back