List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

From the little I've seen of him, Luke doesn't 'thrill me.' However, in reality, I know SFA whether Luke has the traits to be a decent AFL footballer, or not. I just back my club to make those decisions, and they've decided.

From the little I've seen of him, Luke doesn't 'thrill me.' However, in reality, I know SFA whether Luke has the traits to be a decent AFL footballer, or not. I just back my club to make those decisions, and they've decided.
Did you watch the SANFL All Stars game a while back where the best of the best SA talent played or his excellent 2019 National Carnival as an under-ager where some considered him a little unlucky not to make the AA team? In the All Stars game it was a toss up between Luke (29 disposals) and Tom Powell for who was team Hurn's best player in a team that got well beaten.

Did you watch the SANFL All Stars game a while back where the best of the best SA talent played or his excellent 2019 National Carnival as an under-ager where some considered him a little unlucky not to make the AA team? In the All Stars game it was a toss up between Luke (29 disposals) and Tom Powell for who was team Hurn's best player in a team that got well beaten.

Yep, saw the All-Stars game. He was good, but like I said, he doesn't "thrill me" as a player.

“The Crows were pretty open and honest with me, and just told me straight up they weren’t going to elect me as a father-son,” Edwards said.

I met with my uncle Darren a couple of days ago and he told me to focus on pre-season, stay fit and the rest will take care of itself. :D:D:D

Edwards – a Gold Coast supporter due to ex-Henley schoolmates Jack Lukosius and Izak Rankine playing there – said clubs were yet to come calling since the Crows’ announcement.

“The Crows were pretty open and honest with me, and just told me straight up they weren’t going to elect me as a father-son,” Edwards said.

I met with my uncle Darren a couple of days ago and he told me to focus on pre-season, stay fit and the rest will take care of itself. :D:D:D

Edwards – a Gold Coast supporter due to ex-Henley schoolmates Jack Lukosius and Izak Rankine playing there – said clubs were yet to come calling since the Crows’ announcement.
If he’s available as a rookie...do we still say no?

Our list structure as it currently sits, suggests no ..... Luke also indicated the club straightout said they wouldn't take him .....suggesting not as a rookie as well
Which is ridiculous. He's better than a rookie. Must be Tyson Edwards and club have fallen out.

Which is ridiculous. He's better than a rookie. Must be Tyson Edwards and club have fallen out.
It's quite possible, it's not just a footy call

Our list structure as it currently sits, suggests no ..... Luke also indicated the club straightout said they wouldn't take him .....suggesting not as a rookie as well
Crazy if that's the case, he'd be an absolute steal as a rookie prospect.

Would it had made a difference if throughout the process the Edwards family weren't making it seem like they hadn't made up their minds about wanting to be a father son selection?

If Luke says throughout the process what he just said recently about wanting to follow in the footsteps of his father and play for Adelaide, instead of saying he's still weighing his options up, would the crows have chosen differently?

I think there would be a chance.

Edwards never once showed any excitement about potentially playing for Adelaide, instead it almost felt like a burden. Whether this was tactical or not, I think it backfired and was bad advice.

I think there's an element here of Adelaide saying well if you don't really want to be here, we won't waste a spot on you.

Last edited:
Would it had made a difference of throughout the process if the Edwards family weren't making it seem like they hadn't made up their minds about wanting to be a father son selection?

If Luke says throughout the process what he'd just says recently about wanting to follow in the footsteps of his father and play for Adelaide instead of saying he's still weighing his options up, would the crows have dinner different?

Edwards never once showed any excitement about potentially playing for Adelaide, instead it almost felt like a burden. Whatever this was tactical or not, I think it backfired and was bad advice.

I think there's an element here of Adelaide saying well if you don't really want to be here, we won't waste a spot on you.

I find it quite amusing that the Edwards family would think he is going to be better off, and rated more highly, if he doesn't join Adelaide as a F/S.

Because you know what is worse than being rated as only a rookie prospect by your club and other clubs passing on you? The club that has followed you for years not wanting you at all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since we haven't nominated Edwards this year, if he is not drafted at all, then is he available to us again as father son in next years draft??

Reason I ask is that it seems to me that growing up he would've had access to all the knowledge of what to do to be a good player and while he's no manchild he's a fair size already, so I wonder if clubs including us arent sure as to where he truly sits, especially after not doing that great at SANFL level.

Does AFC think the best thing to do is have him go around again next year and get a better gauge? We won't have such high picks next year most likely and will have to cut a number of older players as well. Perhaps he fits on better next year if he's going to fit on at all.

Would it had made a difference of throughout the process if the Edwards family weren't making it seem like they hadn't made up their minds about wanting to be a father son selection?

If Luke says throughout the process what he'd just says recently about wanting to follow in the footsteps of his father and play for Adelaide instead of saying he's still weighing his options up, would the crows have dinner different?

Edwards never once showed any excitement about potentially playing for Adelaide, instead it almost felt like a burden. Whatever this was tactical or not, I think it backfired and was bad advice.

This is the reason why I felt like the choice was made. He didn't seem like he wanted us. He's a Gold Coast fan, his dad has beef with the club, his older brother has beef with the club, so he probably never wanted to play for us.

We have WAY too many of his type. That neat, vanilla HBF type is the easiest to get in all of football. It's a pity he hasn't shown that he has any real weapons.

There's no falling out. We just doing have any room for him.

You make a good point - he hasn’t shown any excitement about being a potential father son to the extent we didn’t even known at the end of the season if he wanted to go father son.
This indifference may well have had us treat him the same way - we rate after our picks so we aren’t nominating. Easy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can't feel sorry for the Edwards crew. Tyson made it very clear that he believed us nomming the first one killed his career because we didn't GAF whereas had we not nommed him, other clubs would have put more time into him and drafted him based upon known weaknesses that they'd have then worked on and he'd have carved out a career. So, early in the process the Edwards camp are saying that they're not sure whether they'd accept a nomination as it ruined the first one's career, so they'd have to think about it if we came to them. Surprised to find out that they'd been waiting for our affirmation of nominating when I'd have otherwise assumed that the other clubs would have been contacting him and they'd deny our nom. But, despite whatever positives are out there, it takes a special talent to slip from sub 20 to mid 40's when more than half the draft pool hasn't pulled on a boot.

I hope the kid gets picked up because it's his dream. But the way this has all played out over the duration leads me to think that the Edwards' are major *******s. But, I'd support Tyson all day every day as a play. But perhaps the parents are just w***ers.
This.

All year the Edwards crew have distanced themselves from the FS process based on Jackson's experience and the fact they thought that was the reason he never made it, not because he wasn't good enough.

All of a sudden they are now making out that the AFC are assholes for not nominating Luke but that is exactly what they wanted!

That alone tells me we are right to stay away as the family are clearly not quite right in the head.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be crazy if he goes undrafted. I don't think he'll be a star, but he's still a very solid player wo has shown a lot more than many of the other draftees who've had the chance to get on the park over the last two years.

Would it had made a difference if throughout the process the Edwards family weren't making it seem like they hadn't made up their minds about wanting to be a father son selection?

If Luke says throughout the process what he just said recently about wanting to follow in the footsteps of his father and play for Adelaide, instead of saying he's still weighing his options up, would the crows have chosen differently?

Edwards never once showed any excitement about potentially playing for Adelaide, instead it almost felt like a burden. Whether this was tactical or not, I think it backfired and was bad advice.

I don't think it changed the situation one iota. If we thought Edwards was worth it, we'd have offered to take him, regardless of how he acted in regards to being a father son. Especially as it wasn't exactly a well-kept secret he was interested in being at Adelaide (that into the fire interview, in particular, gave it away where he had to compose himself a few times to not get carried away about the prospect of playing here), just not being naive about the industry.

I think if Edwards got more opportunity to play in the midfield in 2020 (noting COVID completely ruined that, seeing SA were prepped to use him as a mid in the championship), he would have been on Adelaide's list in the upcoming draft. Who knows, we might grab him mid-season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back