List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when are they not available to us? We passed on Mihail not because we couldn’t have him.
Nah, it turned out we didnt have any rights to him. Same as Anzac this year.
When the AFL carved up Abiriginal areas for our NGA Pt Lincoln was kept out of it as it is one of the highest producing areas historically for Aboriginal players. We are only able to take Aboriginal kids from the APY lands, which we and the Smears have to share. Aboriginal kids from Metro Adelaide are also unavailable to us, however Vic teams do have access to Aboriginal kids from Metro Melbourne.

Nah, it turned out we didnt have any rights to him. Same as Anzac this year.
When the AFL carved up Abiriginal areas for our NGA Pt Lincoln was kept out of it as it is one of the highest producing areas historically for Aboriginal players. We are only able to take Aboriginal kids from the APY lands, which we and the Smears have to share. Aboriginal kids from Metro Adelaide are also unavailable to us, however Vic teams do have access to Aboriginal kids from Metro Melbourne.
Bugger. Could you please post the link?

There was a reason both Anzac and his brother weren't available to us in our NGA, yet we had them listed. Dudley comes from Pt Lincoln which was exempt from any academies. Im 99% sure we wont have dibs on him.

Not for Milhal, however there was/is a rule involving indigenous kids from the city, hence why Milera isn't a Port player (which you did allude too).

However beyond that, there isn't much to indicate our NGA will be touched.

Not for Milhal, however there was/is a rule involving indigenous kids from the city, hence why Milera isn't a Port player (which you did allude too).

However beyond that, there isn't much to indicate our NGA will be touched.
There was a write up here at the time how Milhal wasnt down as a Crows NGA prospect last year, with some saying the club forgot to lodge his paperwork. Watch this year, Anzac wont be a NGA prospect for us either. Dudley wont be next year either

There was a write up here at the time how Milhal wasnt down as a Crows NGA prospect last year, with some saying the club forgot to lodge his paperwork. Watch this year, Anzac wont be a NGA prospect for us either. Dudley wont be next year either
serious? I was excited by Dudley.

Having spoken to John a few times, Anzac and Mihail's old man, the crows were into Mihail, but didn't pick him up in the draft to keep him off the radar (doesn't really make much sense to me, but i admit i don't have much idea as to how it all works). He was under the impression the crows were going to do something with him..... but now who knows.

Says that the Saints have spoken to Mihail a couple of times this year too.

Having spoken to John a few times, Anzac and Mihail's old man, the crows were into Mihail, but didn't pick him up in the draft to keep him off the radar (doesn't really make much sense to me, but i admit i don't have much idea as to how it all works). He was under the impression the crows were going to do something with him..... but now who knows.

Says that the Saints have spoken to Mihail a couple of times this year too.
Named to play league today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where the Dudley not in our academy has come from. Still in it as this photo shows from a few weeks ago

View attachment 693364

Yeah and so is Tyron Milera, yet as he is a metro Indigenous kid he isnt eligible for Crows NGA access.
When the AFL did zones for SA and WA they did their normal trick of favouring Vic clubs at the expense of WA and SA clubs. All Vic clubs have FULL access to all Indigenous kids in both their Vic Metro Zones and their Tas and NT zones. When they carved up SA and WA they excluded indigenous kids from all metro areas and also the highest producing country areas, which included Pt Lincoln here in SA. So the APY lands is really the only areas where SA clubs can get indigenous talent from, and SFA comes from there. Dudley is from Pt Lincoln before getting a scholarship in SA. So if you class him as a metro kid, we dont have access, and if you class him country from Pt Lincoln then we dont get access either. You will also note that Pt Lincoln is in Ports NGA area and not ours, so even if Pt Lincoln indigenous kids from Lincoln were eligible, he would qualify for Port and not ours.

Yeah and so is Tyron Milera, yet as he is a metro Indigenous kid he isnt eligible for Crows NGA access.
When the AFL did zones for SA and WA they did their normal trick of favouring Vic clubs at the expense of WA and SA clubs. All Vic clubs have FULL access to all Indigenous kids in both their Vic Metro Zones and their Tas and NT zones. When they carved up SA and WA they excluded indigenous kids from all metro areas and also the highest producing country areas, which included Pt Lincoln here in SA. So the APY lands is really the only areas where SA clubs can get indigenous talent from, and SFA comes from there. Dudley is from Pt Lincoln before getting a scholarship in SA. So if you class him as a metro kid, we dont have access, and if you class him country from Pt Lincoln then we dont get access either. You will also note that Pt Lincoln is in Ports NGA area and not ours, so even if Pt Lincoln indigenous kids from Lincoln were eligible, he would qualify for Port and not ours.
I’ve yet to see any evidence of this.
Page below specifically details the criteria for being eligible of which the players you have mentioned would be eligible. Mihail was just not wanted by all AFL club including ours.

https://m.afc.com.au/news/academies/about-crows-academies

Last edited:
Page below specifically details the criteria for being eligible of which the players you have mentioned would be eligible. Mihail was just not wanted by all AFL club including ours.

Pretty sure there was an article with regards to Isaac Quaynor that suggested what Cleric posted was correct...I may have even posted the link on here just not sure where.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-12/sa-and-wa-clubs-get-their-indigenous-and-multicultural-zones

"While boys and girls from all backgrounds will participate in the academies, clubs will only receive draft concessions for players who are under-represented in the AFL."

(Clubs will have access only to multicultural talent, not indigenous players, in their metropolitan zones)

This will give you some info for you. You can have anyone in your academy, but only those that meet the critera under the NGA rules are to recieve draft concessions. Tyron Milera, Anzac and Mihal Lockowiak and Dudley will not be eligible for us to get access to them.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-12/sa-and-wa-clubs-get-their-indigenous-and-multicultural-zones

"While boys and girls from all backgrounds will participate in the academies, clubs will only receive draft concessions for players who are under-represented in the AFL."

(Clubs will have access only to multicultural talent, not indigenous players, in their metropolitan zones)

This will give you some info for you. You can have anyone in your academy, but only those that meet the critera under the NGA rules are to recieve draft concessions. Tyron Milera, Anzac and Mihal Lockowiak and Dudley will not be eligible for us to get access to them.

Can't see anything that suggest pt Lincoln is off limits for regional players.
The crows page specifically says regional zones aligned to Central which would make Dudley eligible. Unless you can post a link saying otherwise then it's you making up crap

The crows page specifically says regional zones aligned to Central which would make Dudley eligible. Unless you can post a link saying otherwise then it's you making up crap
Look at this, it’s interactive, Port Lincoln is Port.

Indicates via the map and then classifications that metro Adelaide is Adelaides as a long as its to our aligned sanfl clubs so is this how we could get Dudley? Cleric Bicks ?

https://www.afc.com.au/news/academies/about-crows-academies

Last edited:
Dude, I'm telling you what the rules are. You should be thanking me for going out of my way, rather than accuse me of making up crap, that's poor form. I just showed you where it states that indigenous kids from metro areas are not eligible, which you had no idea about. So if you are saying he is zoned Central, and thats how he is in our academy, then how could that be the case when no metro indigenous kids are eligible? And as Port Lincoln is in Ports Zone for the NGA, if you are questioning the Port Lincoln rule, why is he in our academy and not Ports?
Will you apologize when I am proved right?

Look at this, it’s interactive, Port Lincoln is Port.

But indicates metro Adelaide is Adelaides so is this how we could get Dudley, being classified as from Adelaide Cleric Bicks ?

https://www.afc.com.au/news/academies/about-crows-academies
And Port themselves say they are only able to take indigenous kids from their APY areas.

Automatic talent concessions will be provided to Port Adelaide and other clubs to select players of Asian and African heritage or indigenous players from its APY Lands regions in the draft.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-04-12/port-adelaides-zones-are-back

Dude, I'm telling you what the rules are. You should be thanking me for going out of my way, rather than accuse me of making up crap, that's poor form. I just showed you where it states that indigenous kids from metro areas are not eligible, which you had no idea about. So if you are saying he is zoned Central, and thats how he is in our academy, then how could that be the case when no metro indigenous kids are eligible? And as Port Lincoln is in Ports Zone for the NGA, if you are questioning the Port Lincoln rule, why is he in our academy and not Ports?
Will you apologize when I am proven right?

Screenshot_20190616-224426_Samsung Internet.jpg

Try again. Waiting for apologie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back