List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. Did you read what you posted?
The club has broadened its academies to include many age and Gender demographics.
You do know women aren't eligible for our draft concessions yeah?

I did notice you failed to answer why Dudley isn't in Ports academy tho.
Come back with an answer for that first.

Dudley is a regional player aligned to Central district. Ask central why they have him.
Not that hard to figure out that it would make him eligible under the indigenous regional qualification right?

Chief Crow
Try this site, from the AFL.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-12/sa-and-wa-clubs-get-their-indigenous-and-multicultural-zones

AFL Next Generation Club Academy zones
(Clubs will have access only to multicultural talent, not indigenous players, in their metropolitan zones)

Which for the Crow Indigous talent it is
North Adelaide country zone (Northern), Woodville-West Torrens country zone, APY Lands – East (Kenmore, Fregon, Mimili and Indulkana)

Cleric I have a question I know Isiah Dudley play juniors for Mallee Park but I am not sure where was he born, Dudley is a name common in the APY lands.

Chief Crow
Try this site, from the AFL.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-12/sa-and-wa-clubs-get-their-indigenous-and-multicultural-zones

AFL Next Generation Club Academy zones
(Clubs will have access only to multicultural talent, not indigenous players, in their metropolitan zones)

Which for the Crow Indigous talent it is
North Adelaide country zone (Northern), Woodville-West Torrens country zone, APY Lands – East (Kenmore, Fregon, Mimili and Indulkana)

Cleric I have a question I know Isiah Dudley play juniors for Mallee Park but I am not sure where was he born, Dudley is a name common in the APY lands.
It doesn't matter where they are born. He grew up and played football in Pt Lincoln, got a scholarship to PAC and moved to Adelaide.

Dudley is a regional player aligned to Central district. Ask central why they have him.
Not that hard to figure out that it would make him eligible under the indigenous regional qualification right?
You have no idea. Port Lincoln is Norwood zone, so if he was zoned to any SANFL club it would be Norwood not Central. SMFH

Guys Isiah Dudley was registered to play junior football for Salisbury West, and Salisbury North, When not playing college football and Centrals juniors he plays for Salisbury North,
That is why he play for Centrals.

Dude, I'm telling you what the rules are. You should be thanking me for going out of my way, rather than accuse me of making up crap, that's poor form. I just showed you where it states that indigenous kids from metro areas are not eligible, which you had no idea about. So if you are saying he is zoned Central, and thats how he is in our academy, then how could that be the case when no metro indigenous kids are eligible? And as Port Lincoln is in Ports Zone for the NGA, if you are questioning the Port Lincoln rule, why is he in our academy and not Ports?
Will you apologize when I am proved right?

It begs the question then WHY are they part of the Crows academy and not the Port one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know. Might have moved to the city before the NGAs kicked off.

So if they moved to the city before NGA's kicked off, and joined an SANFL club that's affiliated with the Crows then they could be eligible as draft picks from our academy?

So if they moved to the city before NGA's kicked off, and joined an SANFL club that's affiliated with the Crows then they could be eligible as draft picks from our academy?
No because in the AFLs attempt to protect Victorian clubs both WA and SA clubs are not allowed to take indigenous kids from metro areas, unlike Vic clubs who have no such restrictions in their zones.

The focus of the Crows Academies is on
  • Players aged between 10 years – 18 years,
  • Show talent up to the time they turn 16 years of age
  • Reside in metro SANFL zones aligned to Central District, North Adelaide, Glenelg and Sturt, or…
  • Reside in regional SANFL zones aligned to Central District, North Adelaide, Glenelg and Sturt and APY Lands East
  • Players who’s father/mother played for the Adelaide Football Club

Under the AFL’s Next Generation Academy concept, whilst we embrace participation from players of ALL backgrounds, the AFL does provide draft concessions for players of designated ethnic heritage/father–son under AFL rules:
  • African / Asian – where a player or parent is born in an African or Asian country
  • Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) – where a player or both parents are born in a non-English speaking country
  • Indigenous – where a player identifies as indigenous in our SANFL aligned zones (see above)
  • Players who’s father played 100+ games for the Adelaide Football Club (AFL)
  • Players who’s father played 1+ games for the Adelaide Football Club (AFLW)
  • Players who’s mother played 1+ game for the Adelaide Football Club (AFLW)

The 'Metro' zone is actually quite a small area for the Crows/Power. Centrals Metro area runs up to about One Tree Hill, but it's harder to work out where Centrals Regional area starts and finishes. Is this any clearer? It looks like it might start half way through the northern suburbs, and might include Gawler. If Dudley resides in this area then by my calculations he's eligible under the AFL's criteria for draft concession status through the Crows academy. If he doesn't, then he's not eligble, and so on for other players

• Reside in metro SANFL zones aligned to Central District, North Adelaide, Glenelg and Sturt, or…
  • Reside in regional SANFL zones aligned to Central District, North Adelaide, Glenelg and Sturt and APY Lands East

Under the AFL’s Next Generation Academy concept, whilst we embrace participation from players of ALL backgrounds, the AFL does provide draft concessions for players of designated ethnic heritage/father–son under AFL rules:
  • African / Asian – where a player or parent is born in an African or Asian country
  • Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) – where a player or both parents are born in a non-English speaking country
  • Indigenous – where a player identifies as indigenous in our SANFL aligned zones (see above)

The 'Metro' zone is actually quite a small area for the Crows/Power. Centrals Metro area runs up to about One Tree Hill, but it's harder to work out where Centrals Regional area starts and finishes. Is this any clearer? It looks like it might start half way through the northern suburbs, and might include Gawler. If Dudley resides in this area then by my calculations he's eligible under the AFL's criteria for draft concession status through the Crows academy. If he doesn't, then he's not eligble, and so on for other players

Salisbury and its in the Central metro zone.

Its blatantly obvious no metro indigenous kids are eligible. When the clubs try and change that there isnt anything to argue about.
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-05/wa-sa-clubs-seek-parity-on-metro-indigenous-talent

Its blatantly obvious no metro indigenous kids are eligible. When the clubs try and change that there isnt anything to argue about.
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-05/wa-sa-clubs-seek-parity-on-metro-indigenous-talent
Yep that's the link I posted a while back somewhere on Big Footy. You are absolutely spot on or we along with Port and Freo wouldn't be seeking changes. Tarryn Thomas' eligibility for North in particular is what brought it to prominence I believe.

Good article from the Age by Jake Niall back in November 18.

https://outline.com/cLd9gh

Dubious world of AFL's Next Generation Academies
JAKE NIALL NOVEMBER 21, 2018

Dudley is an interesting one. Currently resides in metro but grew up in port Lincoln is my understanding from research. It will basically be what criteria he falls under with AFL dodgy rules
I think you're dreaming personally.

The fact Adelaide, Port, WCE and Freo are seeking to have changes to the selection criteria tells me you're likely wrong.

Kym LeBois grew up in Ceduna before shifting to Adelaide and playing for the Roosters and he had definitely shown enough to be claimed surely ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back