List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

With the rule changes, why would you bother with an academy? You are only sure of getting someone from the 3rd round onwards which is big deal.

Takes it away from the spotlight a bit, though certainly you would still be able to extract some value out of it. More through being able to control a player development for longer and a bit of extra intel on some local talents. Plus, really, any pathway that gives us easy access to SA based players is something we do need to maximise, if not to just have a more local flavour to our side (especially as it would culminate in a cat B pathway which would mean we'd be able to operate with a larger list).

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
In 2022 NGAs have to get through the 1st and 2nd round before you have the ability to match a bid.

If Keeler is 2022 draft eligible as Mutineer has said his athletic traits won't see him slip to the 3rd round and thus we won't have access to him.
Effen FL! :mad:

AFL scraps top-20 NGA picks, new mid-season draft plan describes the changes to be made.

Got me wondering about the FL's love children (aka expansion teams) and sure enough, THIS article states:

From next season, NGA prospects selected in the top 20 won't be eligible to be matched, while that will increase further to include the top 40 in 2022 and beyond.
Academy players at Sydney, GWS, Brisbane and Gold Coast will still be subject to the current bidding system, as will father-son prospects.

implying the changes don't apply to them.

klink-damn-you-afl-gif.1008171

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Didnt West Coast hide one of their players away out of sight from scouts?

We could always do that, train with us. Play back home in Port Augusta or something.
Out of sight, out of mind, draft the kid.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Didnt West Coast hide one of their players away out of sight from scouts?

We could always do that, train with us. Play back home in Port Augusta or something.
Out of sight, out of mind, draft the kid.
The kid has a Sports scholarship at Blackfriars is my understanding the same as Tariek had.....1st class schooling as opposed to public schooling in Pt.Augusta....Nah.

The kid has a Sports scholarship at Blackfriars is my understanding the same as Tariek had.....1st class schooling as opposed to public schooling in Pt.Augusta....Nah.
Alternatively.
Taylor Walker did more for us than Phil Davis.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Would we use Blackfriars and 1st class in the same sentence?
Just because you pay fees, doesn't mean it's actually any good...

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Connor McLeod playing league for WWT this week I believe

Back