List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s played as a key defender at junior level. I’ve seen him take both Isaac Keeler and Morgan Ferres to the cleaners last season. Max is one of the most competitive kids I’ve ever seen. Mean.

He’s a straight up key though, so will need some physical growth if he’s going to make it.
I'm still not convinced he's F/S eligible until I see it officially from the AFL or the AFC.

I'm still not convinced he's F/S eligible until I see it officially from the AFL or the AFC.
And even then I'm stil 50:50 until the night of the draft with the AFL still agreeing he is eligible.

Where I will be 80:20 until we match and then there is a minute of silence before the AFL respond to our attempt at matching. . .

Agree. I seem to recall raising the issue of Max earlier - I’m sure there was some catch. Wait and see but like you I’m not counting him in.

Agree. I seem to recall raising the issue of Max earlier - I’m sure there was some catch. Wait and see but like you I’m not counting him in.
I've seen people mentioning they see him as 1st round pick, can't say I'm quite on that bandwagon just yet.
As you rightly say he will need to put on a fair bit of size both height and weight wise to be a KPP at AFL level though.
If he doesn't put on size, height being the real key he will want to test extremely well athletically to be a 1st rounder I feel.

I've seen people mentioning they see him as 1st round pick, can't say I'm quite on that bandwagon just yet.
As you rightly say he will need to put on a fair bit of size both height and weight wise to be a KPP at AFL level though.
If he doesn't put on size, height being the real key he will want to test extremely well athletically to be a 1st rounder I feel.
Yes could end up the Zac Becker or Ferres of 2022. Good boys but Short of a few cm’s

Can people not get to ahead of themselves in claiming he's a first round talent, we've done that before and they turned in to rookie draft hopefuls. We aren't even 100% sure he's even eligible yet as a FS

Yeah exactly, Luke Edwards in particular

Can people not get to ahead of themselves in claiming he's a first round talent, we've done that before and they turned in to rookie draft hopefuls. We aren't even 100% sure he's even eligible yet as a FS
I thought Mutineer and I were both pretty clear weren’t we?

No grow no go!

Dane Rampe 188cm
Tom Jonas 188cm

Not *all* KPDs must be giants

Dane Rampe 188cm
Tom Jonas 188cm

Not *all* KPDs must be giants
Checked out the height of the KPF's that have come into the system the last few years?

Players of the ilk of Tex and J Reiwoldt will be the exception not the rule into the future.

Checked out the height of the KPF's that have come into the system the last few years?

Players of the ilk of Tex and J Reiwoldt will be the exception not the rule into the future.
Probably so, and I agree it’s bad to have a back line of all smaller KPDs. but I still say 190cm is not an *absolute* bar to a successful career as a kpd or kpd-ish player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably so, and I agree it’s bad to have a back line of all smaller KPDs. but I still say 190cm is not an *absolute* bar to a successful career as a kpd or kpd-ish player.
No but the shorter you are, the more athletic you have to be

Tom Stewart 190cm
Harry McKay 204cm
Eric Hipwood 204cm
Max King 202cm
Ben King 202cm
Riley Thilthorpe 201cm
Joe Daniher 200cm
Peter Wright 203cm
Rory Lobb 206cm
Ben Brown 200cm
Nick Larkey 198cm
Mitch Lewis 198cm
Sam Darcy 205cm
Mac Andrew 201cm

Harry McKay 204cm
Eric Hipwood 204cm
Max King 202cm
Ben King 202cm
Riley Thilthorpe 201cm
Joe Daniher 200cm
Peter Wright 203cm
Rory Lobb 206cm
Ben Brown 200cm
Nick Larkey 198cm
Mitch Lewis 198cm
Sam Darcy 205cm
Mac Andrew 201cm
Look, I agree with you, all teams need a really big defender. Are you saying that Rampe, Jonas and Stewart types are a thing of the past?

Look, I agree with you, all teams need a really big defender. Are you saying that Rampe, Jonas and Stewart types are a thing of the past?
If you're talking holding down Key positions in defence yes.
Harris Andrews is the future.

If you're talking holding down Key positions in defence yes.
Harris Andrews is the future.
We are in feverish agreement that a team needs a very tall defender. You’re kinda ducking my question tho. I never suggested that a 190cm defender is a substitute for a really tall one. Is the AFL done with the likes of Tom Stewart altogether?

We are in feverish agreement that a team needs a very tall defender. You’re kinda ducking my question tho. I never suggested that a 190cm defender is a substitute for a really tall one. Is the AFL done with the likes of Tom Stewart altogether?
As KPD's pretty much IMO, their type will be 3rd tall/interceptors or something like Jake Kelly for us who could play on talls at a pinch but not really ideal.

I think you need two defenders 197cm+.

You could MAYBE go with one a few games a year, but it's not a long term plan.

Not every forward is 200cm+ and you don't need to be 200cm to come in to help your team mate with a spoil or intercept.

Anyway, never getting excited about a potential father son anyway. Hadn't worked out for us once (including nga).

I still can't believe Nasiah Wanganeen Milera was available to us via NGA (if he went late enough) and none of us knew!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back