List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

They are still young and anything can happen but I have seen a few of those players listed in that under 14 article and I think they were lucky to make the sanfl squads. When clubs are dealing with 80 odd kids, having a 'name', certainly seems to help stay in the system.
I wonder if the stats say it's wise to bet on pedigree?

I can absolutely assure you Hamish and his scouts would have been very aware of Max Michalanney the draft prospect but not of Max Michalanney the Father/Son draft prospect....that's not part of Hamish's job description (talent idendification). Not his job to identify what draft prospects are the sons of a long past SANFL players that luckily made Max eligible for us.

Its not the job of the head of national recruiting for an AFL football club to know which kids are eligible to come at a discount to us through the father/son rules?!?!?

Its okay to admit your beloved Hamish made an error. He is human. Its okay.

Mate living around Hawthorn area in MLB told me a few weeks ago that Betts and family were at the local oval late one weekend afternoon. Betts was still super fit and running laps / doing sprints with his wife. Betts also very friendly and chatted for 20-30 mins

Why mention? Betts was wearing Crows gear so mate assumed we are still his default fave team (I wouldn’t have been 100% sure re this with longer B,ues connection, camp $hit but clearly he played his best footy and had most success with us)

Betts and his oldest son (forget his name) were doing left foot banana kicks from the boundary like his GOTY vs Suns at AO. Mate amazed at how skilful both were.

Now this one may be many years off without checking facts but another Eddie in less than a decade to replace looming Norm Smith Medalist IR would be a dream

Its not the job of the head of national recruiting for an AFL football club to know which kids are eligible to come at a discount to us through the father/son rules?!?!?

Its okay to admit your beloved Hamish made an error. He is human. Its okay.
Somebody should definitely have been tracking who is/isn't eligible under the F/S rules - but I'm not so sure that person is Hamish. Hamish' job is to identify which of the eligible draftees have the talent & capacity to become AFL footballers, and which players fit the needs of the AFC. I'm not sure his job extends to tracking F/S kids.

Don't get me wrong, the club as a whole should have had this covered - and all evidence suggests that they were very late to the party. I'm just not sure you/we should be hanging it all on the head of Hamish Ogilvie.

Went to the SANFL trial game yesterday. From the limited minutes welsh was on I was really impressed. For a 17 year old he really wasn't afraid to throw his body around. Tackled strongly and jumped at the ball. He looks a beauty. Very chirpy and niggling with the opposition as well. Going to be the cause of a lot of skirmishes I think.

Went to the SANFL trial game yesterday. From the limited minutes welsh was on I was really impressed. For a 17 year old he really wasn't afraid to throw his body around. Tackled strongly and jumped at the ball. He looks a beauty. Very chirpy and niggling with the opposition as well. Going to be the cause of a lot of skirmishes I think.
Yeah I’ve seen him play, very physical and wants to hurt

Should be a father son coaching rule so we could take Campo's kids, having him coach for far too long would then actually pay dividends
Th used to be. Cornesey was 1 year short...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Administration time counted then too. Cornes offered to join the board for an extra year in an honorary role so we could draft his kids. They refused his offer
Chad would have been handy but Kane was a waste of space who couldn't kick more than 40m, only played so many games due to the need for a tagger in that time period

Chad would have been handy but Kane was a waste of space who couldn't kick more than 40m, only played so many games due to the need for a tagger in that time period
I’m sure the rule would have been changed before we actually got them, maybe we would have had Chad but no way the AFL would have let us have both of them.

I guess that’s why he won 4 (including in their premiership year), 2 AA’s and came third in the Norm Smith.
I get he’s a port player but his resume is better than 95% of AFL players.

Just saw this on the SANFL website

Adelaide has cruised to a comfortable 52-point win in the SANFL U16 NGA Showcase Game at Stratarama Stadium
ADELAIDE NGA 4.3 8.9 11.11 14.13 (97)

PORT ADELAIDE NGA 2.1 2.5 4.8 6.9 (45)

BEST -Adelaide: Dougie Cochrane, Memphis Webb, Ethan Herbert, Harry Franz, Max Atkin, Angas Moyse

Port: Mitchell Harris, Zachariah Young, Lachlan Marshall-Bates, Angus White, Jack Leys, Kodah Edwards

GOALS – Adelaide: Max Atkin 4, Ryan Davies 2, Ivan Wilkinson 2, Malachi Varcoe 1, Jermaine Miller 1, Jacob McNicol 1, Angas Moyse 1, Ethan Herbert 1, Memphis Webb 1

Port: Zemes Pilot-Holmes 2, Kai Evans 1, Nicholas Dessmann 1, Mitchell Harris 1, Dusty Symonds 1

Just saw this on the SANFL website

Adelaide has cruised to a comfortable 52-point win in the SANFL U16 NGA Showcase Game at Stratarama Stadium
ADELAIDE NGA 4.3 8.9 11.11 14.13 (97)

PORT ADELAIDE NGA 2.1 2.5 4.8 6.9 (45)

BEST -Adelaide: Dougie Cochrane, Memphis Webb, Ethan Herbert, Harry Franz, Max Atkin, Angas Moyse

Port: Mitchell Harris, Zachariah Young, Lachlan Marshall-Bates, Angus White, Jack Leys, Kodah Edwards

GOALS – Adelaide: Max Atkin 4, Ryan Davies 2, Ivan Wilkinson 2, Malachi Varcoe 1, Jermaine Miller 1, Jacob McNicol 1, Angas Moyse 1, Ethan Herbert 1, Memphis Webb 1

Port: Zemes Pilot-Holmes 2, Kai Evans 1, Nicholas Dessmann 1, Mitchell Harris 1, Dusty Symonds 1

Can we actually get any though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back