NHL 2016 Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Montreal Canadiens, Golden State

Is this April Fools? Doughty wins the Norris and Kopitar robs Bergeron. No idea how cry baby wins the Norris, let alone is nominated. Those 51 points must be really good.

Doughty's win was a lifetime achievement award.

Soon to be 30 years old, Keith Yandle is a Florida Panther. Seven years and $6.35 million average per season.
That's 150k/season less than Erik Karlsson of Oddawa.

Is he an upgrade on Campbell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, production and age. Campbell better defensively but he ran out of gas at the end of last season
It's an unfair and meaningless comparison, but there's no way he plays as good at the end of this deal as Campbell did on the back of his big deal

he's not really that good.

so stay the * away Jim

With Ron replacing Strombo, I'm hoping they don't fire Kyper anymore. Ron is gonna tear that amateur a new one.

Happy to see that David Amber will take over the late side of the broadcast. I quite like him.

I'm glad Shaw got paid. Going to miss him big time. I'd wager he'll no doubt get traded before that contract is up.

Also, what the hell is up with Brandon Pirri?

6 years seems a lot for any non-star. There's always the chance you can get it dramatically wrong (see also: Nonis, Clarkson).

Shaw is only 24 years old, so at least there is little danger of him being over the hill half way through his contract.
Clarkson was 29 when they signed him for seven years @ $5.25M/season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back