NHL Gamecenter

Remove this Banner Ad

Crackers27

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Hertfordshire
AFL Club
Sydney
Recently I've been thinking about getting Gamecenter as the hockey coverage in Australia is not great. So does anyone have it? Is it good? Would you recommend it etc?

Thanks

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Montreal Canadiens, Golden State
Have had a for a few years and is excellent. Much depends on your internet speed though - can get choppy and the picture a bit low grade if your speed is not that good. If that is not a problem though, then go for it. Allows you to watch any game any time, also replays, condensed games and even old archival stuff.

Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
Just got it this weekend and I have more games in the last three days then I have in my entire life.

I heard that you can watch games through your PS3. Has anyone else done this? Is it hard to set up or does it just use my gamecenter account?

FedEXFalls

Losing makes you grow
Apr 25, 2011
A few years ahead
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Melbourne Ice
I know your post in months old but the PS3 stuff is not available in Aus.. I remember reading that they were going to set it up but don't think it ever happened. Would make life a lot easier being able to watch on TV through ps3 rather than just on computer. I know there are other ways but they don't work for me well.

Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
I know your post in months old but the PS3 stuff is not available in Aus.. I remember reading that they were going to set it up but don't think it ever happened. Would make life a lot easier being able to watch on TV through ps3 rather than just on computer. I know there are other ways but they don't work for me well.
Hey bro, I also encountered this issue but there is a way around it. all you need to do is make a new account but put your address down somewhere in america or canada. its a pain in the arse trying to figure out the area codes but after a bit of time on google you'll be able to figure it out. It took me a long time to realise how to put it all in. just play around with it and youll get it. or maybe ask someone on here. Ill have another look at addressed and see if i can remember how to do it again. but yea i think the best option would be to post on here asking someone from america or canada how their address works or give you an example.

Anyway after you create the account you will notice that you have a completely different psn store. and when you go through the apps you will be able to find and download the gamecentre app for the nhl.

Its so much better then watching on phone or computer. Plus with a good internet speed the games a streamed live in HD. Plus you can go back and watch all the classic games from as early as televised sport was around.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any issues or anything and I'll try to help further. But yea try having a look at a american or canadan real estate site. I found this helped.

Also don't put down the city of the team you go for as you wont be able to watch live home games due to them wanting to watch home games on the tele. I go for Red Wings and put down that I live in Winniepeg.

Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
You are my hero. I just set it up then in time for the Stars game later on. Thank you.
no worries. always happy to help. It makes no sense that you can't just download it for an aussie address. it was so frustrating when i first tried to do it. howd you go with the post code part?

FedEXFalls

Losing makes you grow
Apr 25, 2011
A few years ahead
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Melbourne Ice
Was pretty easy, just looked up ZIP codes for Orlando and someone already answered with a bunch of them in a yahoo answer thing. I did a fake address, It only needs a legit Zip code from the city you choose.

Annoying thing is that on xbox you need xbox live gold. I used to pay for it but haven't recently. I can also hook up the laptop via HDMI but I find it easier to watch on the 360.

Also, for replay games on the 360 they cut out the ad and period breaks but not on the computer. No idea why.

There are actually many flaws in the system. I emailed them with a full list and suggested fixes and didn't get a response. w***ers. When I email the AFL International streaming service which I also pay for I always get a response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RichoWAPT

Senior List
Aug 11, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Has anyone else experienced quite a large audio lag when watching live games using appletv??
Is there something I need to do to stop this from happening?

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I got Gamecentre this season for the first time, and for as much NHL as you want when you want it, it's great.

Not completely perfect - for starters, when you have it on full screen the picture can go out of whack at random, but take it out of full screen and back up fixes that. Also, for most Penguins matches I watch the replay (as I'm normally working when they play), and it seems to be completely random whether you get a replay that includes ads and full intermission coverage (which you try to skip through) or one that takes this stuff out. Weird.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Game centre playing up something shocking today - the Root Sports feed of the Pittsburgh v Buffalo game is barely playable (when it doesn't just completely drop out completely) yet the MSG feed is playing relatively well...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back