PS4 Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

Remove this Banner Ad

Just working through the first game in preparation! It's taken about 3 years... but I'm finally gonna beat it.

For all the bits of that game I don't like (endless handholding, endless give/take heart quests, clumsy battles) there's so much that it just ******* nails.

The party members are unrealistically good natured and determined to do good and just awesome to spend time with. I love them. The story is straightforward but epic. The world is so well put together it's a joy to adventure in and explore. Looks and sounds just as good as it did on release too as you would expect (only the world map looks a little bit daggy). Great stuff.

Can't wait to bash the s**t out of the evil wizard, then will be ready to help the cat boy do whatever the hell goes down in NNK2.

About six hours in and enjoying it. It's quite different from the first game but still has the same charm that made the original so enjoyable.

I’m about 3 hours in. It’s ok but it’s lacking the charm/depth/immersion of the first title IMO. Can you even travel between worlds? That was one of the coolest things in Ni No Kuni 1. Motorville was great.

Started this over the weekend and am enjoying it a lot after a few hours.

The game has a real 'Level 5' feel to it, so I'm looking forward to getting as much of it done as I can before GOW hits.

Hard to say how long it'll take you. I've played for 35 hours and I'm in the final chapter but that includes a lot of side quests and kingdom building. It's not a super long JRPG though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to say how long it'll take you. I've played for 35 hours and I'm in the final chapter but that includes a lot of side quests and kingdom building. It's not a super long JRPG though.

I've read it can be done in about 30-35 hours, but given that I take my time I'd guess it'll take me about 40-45. I've put in about 5 hours and I'm only up to chapter 3, but given the game seems to lack difficulty I might grind a little less than I usually do in an RPG.

Finished with 40 hours. Good solid JRPG. Nothing spectacular though and certainly not as good as the original.

The characters were good and graphically the game can be quite beautiful. The world map was fun to explore.

Kingdom building was a little simplistic but mostly fun enough. I didn't upgrade the entire way - it probably would've taken another five hours - but I got enough out of the system.

There was a lot of dumb s**t near the end. The random villain love story; the curious boy who is your son projected to the past who also fakes the past. Sometimes a simple approach is better but that's unfortunately something that few JRPGs truly understand.

Battle system was fun but it was an incredibly easy game. Tainted monsters created some challenge - particularly if you fight them underleveled - but the game for the most part offers little challenge.

Overall I'd give it a solid 7/10. Charming but a little repetitive.

Some things i thought the game did fairly well but others fell flat and have been done better in similar games. The combat for me was fairly meh and i wasn't a big fan of anything that involved your character looking like a chibi. I never played the first game and if the battle system and chibi parts are in it i dont think ill try that one out either.

Music was fantastic and really liked the Goldpaw town theme, i liked the character progression for Evan aswell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back