nib Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

You know, if you look at the available space there, if you took over the Tennis Club, the grounds of Perth Oval could actually accommodate a much larger stadium. Has sufficient footprint.

Heritage council would be a rolled gold prick to deal with though. And again the issue of where would they play during the three year build rears its head.

You know, if you look at the available space there, if you took over the Tennis Club, the grounds of Perth Oval could actually accommodate a much larger stadium. Has sufficient footprint.

Heritage council would be a rolled gold prick to deal with though. And again the issue of where would they play during the three year build rears its head.

Subi? I mean the force played there for 4 years before they moved, it wouldn't be ideal, but they could make it work.

Can anybody explain to me why East Perth moved out? And Strangely to their rival West Perth's old ground?

Can anybody explain to me why East Perth moved out? And Strangely to their rival West Perth's old ground?

because perth needed a rectangular stadium and the glory were already playing there, so they converted it into a rectangular stadium in 2003

Money. State Government was putting up the cash for a redevelopment. Subiaco were looking for a new home ground too, having been effectively kicked out of Subi Oval. Leederville Oval was the best compromise to suit all parties; both clubs got a redeveloped ground, State Government didn't need to duplicate facilities for each club.

Thanks for the explanation. Was West Perth forced to moved too? Having 3 clubs based at one ground wouldn't have been practical.

I know this is about NIB but do you think down the track they would build a new rectangular ground for soccer and rugby near Perth Stadium?

Thanks for the explanation. Was West Perth forced to moved too? Having 3 clubs based at one ground wouldn't have been practical.

Nah, West Perth moved out of Leederville years before Subi and East Perth moved in.

I know this is about NIB but do you think down the track they would build a new rectangular ground for soccer and rugby near Perth Stadium?

Maybe in 20 years or so. The government are putting over $100m into NIB, they're not going to piss that up against the wall by building another stadium.

Ideally it would have been good to see a 20k or so rectangular stadium as well as a smaller oval with 5-10k capacity (for domestic cricket and a home for Perth in the WAFL) in the general vicinity. Would have ensured there would be close to 100 event days for the year.

A bit of fun recently at NIB

Existing caterer lost the contract, new caterer could meet bond requirements so NIB went cap in hand back to the old caterer for a 12 year contract

Muppets

545800_427452867317680_885500591_n.jpg

Looks like it's coming along nicely, I'll get a better look of it on Sunday when I go there to watch the Glory obliterate the Heart.

Had no idea what colour the new seats were going to be, but I like the green. Very AAMI Park :)

It's funny to think that last week Glory were selling tickets for seats that weren't even in yet.

Money. State Government was putting up the cash for a redevelopment. Subiaco were looking for a new home ground too, having been effectively kicked out of Subi Oval. Leederville Oval was the best compromise to suit all parties; both clubs got a redeveloped ground, State Government didn't need to duplicate facilities for each club.

Perth Glory first played there in the 1996/97 NSL season. Originally they set up temporary stands for the rectangular field which were taken down once the soccer season finished.

West Perth had already moved to Joondalup in the early 1990s so Leederville was effectively empty aside from the odd EP/Subi game so it made sense for Perth Oval to be redeveloped and stay the home of the rectangular codes and for EP & Subi to move to Leederville, which is barely 2km away from Perth Oval or Subiaco Oval.

545800_427452867317680_885500591_n.jpg

Looks like it's coming along nicely, I'll get a better look of it on Sunday when I go there to watch the Glory obliterate the Heart.

Had no idea what colour the new seats were going to be, but I like the green. Very AAMI Park :)

It's funny to think that last week Glory were selling tickets for seats that weren't even in yet.
Had me in stitches! :p

another pic from the glory facebook

66253_10151207776418960_101227612_n.jpg

It's good to see that it's getting done on time and on budget, unusual for WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ground looked great today. The southern stand is basically finished they just need to put seats in the other half of it. The eastern stand is starting to come up as well. I'm astonished at how fast they're getting it done.

8108021375_f779b3c88a_b.jpg

8108020899_67fedd5acc_b.jpg

The skeleton of the building makes it look so easy. When is the whole thing due to be completed? By the season's end? And aren't they chucking a roof on it?

The skeleton of the building makes it look so easy. When is the whole thing due to be completed? By the season's end? And aren't they chucking a roof on it?

The plan is to have it ready for super rugby next year (march 2013) and yes there will be a roof.

A bit of fun recently at NIB

Existing caterer lost the contract, new caterer could meet bond requirements so NIB went cap in hand back to the old caterer for a 12 year contract

Muppets

You across the issues ... remember Spotless/Ron Evans in Melbourne, same dance, different step ... with us Dennis?
Muppets, one of your own Dennis?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back