nib Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

The Glory are playing most (all) their games at night come summer time, right (ie dec, jan, feb and mar)? because (talks like an eastern states snob) Perth is as hot as hell!

The stand that's facing the camera had a massive problem - being a skin cancer hazard and all, it was deserted as a result of it being a skin cancer hazard. and Perth Oval always looked empty on the TV, it made Perth Glory appear to have less fans than Gold Coast United :mad:

idle claim status.

Stadium General Manager is a renowned cowboy in a conservative industry. Lack of peer respect, as well as someone both the tenants and the service providers wish was not there as he makes commercial life difficult. He lacks nous, understanding of what makes a stadium run and how to provide value to his tenants and patrons.

He will never leave NIB as he won't be employed anywhere else. The latest catering fiasco is on top of the A league issue, as well as many others. For example, who gives a copy of a potential service provider contract out for comment after tender submission dates have closed and one day prior to making a decision on the new provider for a 12 year term?

Could be a great stadium if they replaced one guy

So, are you him Kwality or related or know him?

Stadium General Manager is a renowned cowboy in a conservative industry. Lack of peer respect, as well as someone both the tenants and the service providers wish was not there as he makes commercial life difficult. He lacks nous, understanding of what makes a stadium run and how to provide value to his tenants and patrons.

He will never leave NIB as he won't be employed anywhere else. The latest catering fiasco is on top of the A league issue, as well as many others. For example, who gives a copy of a potential service provider contract out for comment after tender submission dates have closed and one day prior to making a decision on the new provider for a 12 year term?

Could be a great stadium if they replaced one guy

So, are you him Kwality or related or know him?

I know of Nick Tana ... am I close?

I've dealt with the MCC, things are not always as they appear.

Went to the game against the Jets on Saturday night. Me and my mates were up in the Shed, which is about as comfortable and no-frills as you'd expect. It was pretty spacious though, so an okay place to watch the soccer.

The city end is looking really good, they've clearly been savvy with their allocated funds. I guess it's a bit like Metricon (though I've never been) in that amenities are outside, rather than built into the stands. The same goes for the wing currently under development, and that should make the ground look awesome when it's complete.

I do have a few issues though. The corners of the ground are really dark, and it made me feel as though I was watching an NSL game, rather than Emile Heskey. I don't know. It was just a bit dingy feeling. The Members side is pretty tacky as well, with plenty of buildings and awnings just thrown on... a big contrast to the uniformity of the opposite wing.

Went to the game against the Jets on Saturday night. Me and my mates were up in the Shed, which is about as comfortable and no-frills as you'd expect. It was pretty spacious though, so an okay place to watch the soccer.

The city end is looking really good, they've clearly been savvy with their allocated funds. I guess it's a bit like Metricon (though I've never been) in that amenities are outside, rather than built into the stands. The same goes for the wing currently under development, and that should make the ground look awesome when it's complete.

I do have a few issues though. The corners of the ground are really dark, and it made me feel as though I was watching an NSL game, rather than Emile Heskey. I don't know. It was just a bit dingy feeling. The Members side is pretty tacky as well, with plenty of buildings and awnings just thrown on... a big contrast to the uniformity of the opposite wing.

That western stand is a relic from the east perth days, I would love nothing more than seeing that eyesore torn down. Along with the shed.

That western stand is a relic from the east perth days, I would love nothing more than seeing that eyesore torn down. Along with the shed.
Wasn't it somehow heritage listed? I mean, when was it built? I do love the old ticket gates, and I'm glad they've managed to maintain that part of the ground. The Shed is just gross.

Allia just pwn3d Sage in the paper yesterday.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/soccer/15347760/tit-for-tat-in-glory-war/

I LOL'd at this bit. Sage caught out fudging crowd figures:

Allia also contested the official crowd figure of 9293 at the Newcastle game, saying their scanners showed a crowd of 7325, including 190 staff.
Bunch of children. It's all political bickering based on god knows what.

Sage . But in his defence, lying about crowd figures is pretty occurrent in Australian sport. It's all a dick measuring contest and I'm sure the AFL does it as much as the A-League does. No real issue. But it's definitely going to make old mate Sagey look quite the dick.

At the same time, I can't fault Sage too much. The guy has done well for the Glory. He's kept them in consistently stable hands, something that rarely occurs with private ownership in the A-League. If some whinging comes with it, so be it.

Sage . But in his defence, lying about crowd figures is pretty occurrent in Australian sport. It's all a dick measuring contest and I'm sure the AFL does it as much as the A-League does. No real issue. But it's definitely going to make old mate Sagey look quite the dick.

At the same time, I can't fault Sage too much. The guy has done well for the Glory. He's kept them in consistently stable hands, something that rarely occurs with private ownership in the A-League. If some whinging comes with it, so be it.

Pathetic for any long term future ... porkies dont prosper !! Hope the ATO knock on both doors this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stable? He threatens to wind the club up every year if he doesnt get his way. Which is part of the reason I dislike private ownership of clubs. Most owners simply use them as their plaything with no real regard for the fans, and then complain when people don't show up.

Imagine if Freo was owned by some douche and he threatened to disband the whole club if he didn't get his way? Eventually i'd just think 'what am I supporting?' and pack it in.

Heard on the radio this afternoon that the southern stand is complete (ahead of schedule) and will be open for business the next Glory game. Will be non-alcohol family friendly area.

Stable? He threatens to wind the club up every year if he doesnt get his way. Which is part of the reason I dislike private ownership of clubs. Most owners simply use them as their plaything with no real regard for the fans, and then complain when people don't show up.

Imagine if Freo was owned by some douche and he threatened to disband the whole club if he didn't get his way? Eventually i'd just think 'what am I supporting?' and pack it in.

A fair summary Rob & how it demonstrates the strength of the AFL business model versus the A-League model.

whole thing is coming along nicely

8484145970_368ec4e5cd_b.jpg

So how's the seating going to work? GA on the top level and members on the bottom, or what?

And is it me, or is NIB really, really dark and dingy feeling? Even though it's becoming a really nice feeling, it still has that vibe.

So how's the seating going to work? GA on the top level and members on the bottom, or what?

And is it me, or is NIB really, really dark and dingy feeling? Even though it's becoming a really nice feeling, it still has that vibe.

Nah my membership got moved from the bottom into the new stand, where I used to sit is now 'diamond' seating.

I think the fact that it's still a construction site isn't helping the dingy feel, when it's finish I expect it to be different.

Well behind schedule isn't it? Essentially being run like the Arena.
Yeah, Perth shouldn't even bother building things because they just blow out!

Who cares if it takes another few months to complete? Completely better than having no redevelopment at all.

Perthians will complain if the stadium isn't changed, but inevitably complain when it's late. So many attractions and arenas blow out. It's par for the course and completely expectable considering all the things that go into the building of a sports ground.

Who cares if it takes another few months to complete? Completely better than having no redevelopment at all.

Perthians will complain if the stadium isn't changed, but inevitably complain when it's late. So many attractions and arenas blow out. It's par for the course and completely expectable considering all the things that go into the building of a sports ground.

Maybe all the western force members who outnumber seats at the stadium right now.

That wasn't my point but ok.

Doing the right thing as well, a dedicated rectangular ground isn't all important at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back