Recommitted Nic Naitanui [re-signed]

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Free agent this year an West Coast will be desperate to get draft picks in, so his compo pick might be appealing.

So the question is, what would that compo pick be?
At his age he'd need to be getting a contract well into the millions for them to have any chance at decent compo

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Band 2 at the very best.

More likely band 4 or 5. No one is going to come along and offer a 32 year old Naitanui a 3 year deal.

Will probably just sign 1 year deals for average money until he retires, has already made bank. After he did his second ACL in 2018 I treat everything he does since coming back as a bonus, and he's gone and played 39/40 games the last two years and made B2B AA sides. Just a shame that the rest of our team has gone backwards.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
More likely band 4 or 5. No one is going to come along and offer a 32 year old Naitanui a 3 year deal.

Will probably just sign 1 year deals for average money until he retires, has already made bank. After he did his second ACL in 2018 I treat everything he does since coming back as a bonus, and he's gone and played 39/40 games the last two years and made B2B AA sides. Just a shame that the rest of our team has gone backwards.
Dogs - Cats - both in desperate need for an AA quality ruck while their window is open. Martin was 33 when traded to the Dogs.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs - Cats - both in desperate need for an AA quality ruck while their window is open. Martin was 33 when traded to the Dogs.
We traded Lachie Young for Stef in a 3 way trade no one is suggesting clubs might not have a crack at him but the compo or tade will be near on non existent

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
I feel he’s the guy who never leaves just seems loyal and thankful to West Coast for drafting him all those years ago but anything is possible

The only list in the league in a worse long term position than West Coast is us. Like to see us go all in and make it happen.

Dec 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I feel he’s the guy who never leaves just seems loyal and thankful to West Coast for drafting him all those years ago but anything is possible

The only list in the league in a worse long term position than West Coast is us. Like to see us go all in and make it happen.
You could do a lot worse!

This guy is perhaps the most underrated footballer in history

There would be riots in the streets of Perth if he left

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle

I would add that the Cats can get free agents and West Coast will struggle as the the WA pool is less than Victoria.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Free agent this year an West Coast will be desperate to get draft picks in, so his compo pick might be appealing.

Business wise its a good idea letting Nick Nat go into free agency but culture wise it isn't a great idea.

Jackson, McDonald and English are out of contract and young enough for a rebuild.

Getting a level 2 or 3 could be an asset to use in a young WA trade.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
I would add that the Cats can get free agents and West Coast will struggle as the the WA pool is less than Victoria.
I feel we’ll keep topping up. I don’t know what our 17 players above 29 are on in salary terms but you know more than 50% of it is within that group. There’ll have to be many players brought in to cover that with no one really worthy of a significant pay rise. Chris Scott probably thinks he can realistically keep this going until Jeremy Cameron retires and I think that’s what they’ll try to do. Any further is a complete stretch because there’s too much that can happen in 5 years.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I feel we’ll keep topping up. I don’t know what our 17 players above 29 are on in salary terms but you know more than 50% of it is within that group. There’ll have to be many players brought in to cover that with no one really worthy of a significant pay rise. Chris Scott probably thinks he can realistically keep this going until Jeremy Cameron retires and I think that’s what they’ll try to do. Any further is a complete stretch because there’s too much that can happen in 5 years.
100%.

Cats will top up until its a no brainer to rebuild.

Playing a mature line up and at the Cattery will produce at least 7 wins. It doesn't much more to win another 5-8 games from 15 games.

Will it yield a flag? It might because you need play finals to win a flag and outside the 8 you have no hope.

No reason you guys can't select the next Kelly or Taylor as mature recruits.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Heart and Soul player of the Eagles, the damage to their culture and playing group if they let him go is not worth any potential they could get for him

Not going anywhere

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
damage to their culture and playing group
How do I put this...

images.jpg

Dec 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Quick guess here but I'm going with:

A) Never visited Perth
B) Never read the West
Wrong on both counts

I'm talking underrated generally by the total football public

Obviously in WA he's treated as a god but WA is a small and insignificant population cut off from the rest of the world

The West is not a newspaper, it's an Eagles newsletter, its contents are irrelevant

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Wrong on both counts

I'm talking underrated generally by the total football public
He's been named AA three times.
Obviously in WA he's treated as a god but WA is a small and insignificant population cut off from the rest of the world
This would be relevant if AFL was a global sport. But, it's not.
The West is not a newspaper, it's an Eagles newsletter, its contents are irrelevant
This is sadly true.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Yeah he should be super thankful they drafted him at pick 2, otherwise he may never have played AFL.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Won't go anywhere

Gets some of that sweet multicultural ambassador money so noone can offer him any money to leave, only thing would be chasing a flag but he is set up for so many media and advertising opportunities post footy in Perth that it wouldn't make sense to leave and risk being turned on.

Back