• Game winning mark and goal Round 8, 2013 VS North Melbourne

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Game winning ruckwork and goal snap Round 21, 2016 VS GWS

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • 3 goals in ten minutes Round 13, 2009 VS Hawthorn

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The human highlight reel title for some reason pisses me off. However his 3 goals in the wet to destroy the hawks in the pouring rain is his best for me and showed that he would be a force to be reckoned with for the next 10+ years.

His first game had been fine, nothing spectacular. He hadn't had a kick in the first three quarters of his second game. We're playing the reigning premiers, it's absolutely pissing down, and out of nowhere he kicks 3 goals, including 2 GOTY contenders to single handedly win the match.

I think it was the lowest crowd at Subi in 8 years or something but it was the loudest I'd ever heard it. I loved last Saturday, I loved the Norf win, but honestly, it's not close.

That North win is probably the best in context, but I remember losing my s**t watching that Hawks game, and we'd only won 3 games at that point I think.

The human highlight reel title for some reason pisses me off. However his 3 goals in the wet to destroy the hawks in the pouring rain is his best for me and showed that he would be a force to be reckoned with for the next 10+ years.
Remember that Hawthorn game well - shocking conditions but did not notice as it was enthralling just to watch this young kid do his bit.

That goal against the Bulldogs in 2012 round 1. Where Dwayno comes up with the "and Nic Naitanui hits the game like lightning hits the night". Where he put the spin move on and faked to get the dribble underneath the defender.

got a vid at the 2:00 min mark.

Had some ridiculous games over the journey. Brisbane/Carlton in 2012 he was amazing, there was a quarter against Richmond in 2011 I think where he took like 5 contested marks and a few goals, I just remember he was marking every contest he got to. One of my favs is the Essendon preseason game in 2010 where I think he kicked 4 or 5 goals, really got a glimpse into how good he could actually be that night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a Freo fan tell me last Saturday night he is still the most overrated player and not worth more than 200k a year lol.
Probably Zac Clarke's brother

Hawthorn game for sure. Remember watching that last quarter at the pub and being a blown away

Last year early on in the season a Fremantle supporter rang up and said Zac Clarke is at least equal to Nic. He quoted stats like marks, possessions, ave goals etc for the season so far (2015). Karl and Hackdorn rubbished him, the guy said you don't include hit outs. Not include hit outs he is a ruckman FFS.

Some people just can't see the value of the ruck contest. At my work last year a Freo supporter went on a massive rant about how Nic was useless and Sinclair was way better. All they see is a couple of marks taken on the HF and that's it.

Back