Past Nic Newman - traded 2018, to Carlton

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Has he turned into the new Brandon Jack? A superstar in the NEAFL but crap at AFL level.

It's weird aswell because he was very solid last year in the seniors.
He was solid-ish, I thought. There were some pretty big wraps on him from some of the reserves-watchers and although he made some mistakes, he seemed like he would develop into a decent player. But he has gone completely off the boil this season and looks pretty disinterested. Maybe it's just second year blues ...

He was solid-ish, I thought. There were some pretty big wraps on him from some of the reserves-watchers and although he made some mistakes, he seemed like he would develop into a decent player. But he has gone completely off the boil this season and looks pretty disinterested. Maybe it's just second year blues ...
It is really bazzaar because as I remember it, last season his kicking was his best strength, but that appears to have gone completely down the toilet.
I was a huge fan last year but think he's been really ordinary in his appearances so far this year.

It is really bazzaar because as I remember it, last season his kicking was his best strength, but that appears to have gone completely down the toilet.
I was a huge fan last year but think he's been really ordinary in his appearances so far this year.

Think he is just trying too hard. Expect him to go at the end of the year to GoCo. This I think is a pity.

His kicking was very overrated last year. Its even worse this year but by the last couple of months last year he was a butcher.

His kicking was very overrated last year. Its even worse this year but by the last couple of months last year he was a butcher.

Maybe a bit overrated last year, but he is unfairly lambasted as a butcher. See Smith and Jones for some solid boning work.

Think he is just trying too hard. Expect him to go at the end of the year to GoCo. This I think is a pity.
Well from what I saw he can certainly spot up a Gold Coast player.

BoltonsBlues

All Australian
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Was reported you guys had a 1 year offer on the table for him if he choose to stay. Handy pick up for us. Needed cover for our superstar in the making (made of glass) bryne. Lolz. Will be a good upgrade on him

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
COR a ready replacement for that role & like Newman would have been if he stayed, COR will be fighting for that spot in defence. Ithink COR has more fight in him & will continue to learn where with Newman, he looked promising but just stagnated. I think the move to the Blues will be good for him & for COR.

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Was disappointing to see him drop off so much this year, but he showed glimpses and I would have liked to give him a chance to bounce back. Feel like our list is better with him on it than with a future 4th rounder, but if he was seeking a trade then fair enough I suppose.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Was disappointing to see him drop off so much this year, but he showed glimpses and I would have liked to give him a chance to bounce back. Feel like our list is better with him on it than with a future 4th rounder, but if he was seeking a trade then fair enough I suppose.
He was going to be delisted, we actually gained something which was surprising.

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
He was going to be delisted, we actually gained something which was surprising.

If he was going to be delisted (which I don’t necessarily doubt, but also don’t assume), then I think that’s a bad decision and I’m glad we got a future 4th rounder. But if we were otherwise going to keep him on the list, I’d have preferred we kept him.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
If he was going to be delisted (which I don’t necessarily doubt, but also don’t assume), then I think that’s a bad decision and I’m glad we got a future 4th rounder. But if we were otherwise going to keep him on the list, I’d have preferred we kept him.
Definitely a guaranteed delisting, I’ve posted this previously, first post April/May maybe?

Back