Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

That sort of low level strike should be a fine; regardless of priors. This is why the AFL gets itself in knots when finals come around. No-one should miss a final for that.

That sort of low level strike should be a fine; regardless of priors. This is why the AFL gets itself in knots when finals come around. No-one should miss a final for that.
But, know one would! And as you say, that is where they get themselves into trouble.
Although I think he took a bit of a dive in this instance, I would love to get Himmelberg onto our list.

Honestly I disagree. I think all strikes should start at a minimum of a week and go up from there. Strikes have no place on the footy field and I dont think the AFL does enough to discourage them. The cases like Mitchell and Selwood the other week are setting a really poor example. I also think we should look at a red card system for the AFL

Honestly I disagree. I think all strikes should start at a minimum of a week and go up from there. Strikes have no place on the footy field and I dont think the AFL does enough to discourage them. The cases like Mitchell and Selwood the other week are setting a really poor example. I also think we should look at a red card system for the AFL
Actually under the current system his priors make no difference so I was wrong about that aspect. But the inconsistency remains - if he hits him in the guts with intent but low impact he gets a fine. If he hits him high with the same intent/impact it is 1 week. I suppose where we differ is you think they should both get a week, I reckon they should both get a fine. Higher impact I'd agree, but my comment was in regards to low impact.

Player Reviews: Nick Robertson, Jacob Allison, Cedric Cox and Josh Walker
#18 - Nick Robertson
Nick Robertson produced the best season of his career in 2018 but received very little external attention or recognition. The rugged defender finished ninth overall in the Merrett-Murray Medal which was easily his highest placing to date. He played in 21 matches and averaged 17 disposals, five marks and two tackles a game.

Robertson's best game of the season was in the Round 17 victory over Hawthorn when he provided lots of run out of defence and shut down Hawks forward Luke Breust. He was rewarded with one Coaches Vote for this performance.

He also collected a career-high of 27 disposals in Round 1 against St Kilda. Renowned for his hardness and aggression, Robinson missed one match through suspension when he was charged for striking the GWS Giants' Harry Himmelberg in Round 6.

Coaches Comment - Murray Davis, Backline Coach

"Played 21 games only missing 1 through suspension in Round 7. Provided great run and spirit with his competitive nature. Showed his ability to play his role for the team in playing on All Australian Luke Breust in our Round 9 and Round 17 wins against Hawthorn restricting Breust to just 0.1 & 0.2 respectively."

Senior matches: 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the trade table? The players who may look for a fresh start in October
Nick Robertson (Brisbane)
Robertson is one of a group of former senior regulars at the Lions who have fallen out of favour during the club's surge up the ladder in 2019. The hard-at-it tagger, originally from West Perth, has multiple suitors should he choose to seek more opportunity elsewhere, with Fremantle believed to be among them. Greater Western Sydney asked the question, but he won't end up there.

Will be sad to see Nick, but can hardly blame him. Has been the consummate professional in his time at the club probably demonstrated by his unrivaled professionalism and work ethic on the track and educating all of our young guys that have come though the ranks after Nick about what is required to succeed at the AFL level.

I reckon Nick's legacy will live long after he has left the club.

Sadly the trim has started with this bloke, I will miss him.

I'll miss him too. I really hope - actually I'm fairly confident - that another AFL Club will appreciate what Nick can bring to them. He's tough, hardworking and uncompromising on the field and so personable, friendly and genuine off it. I wish Nick every success in all his future endeavours.

Never been safer about a player leaving then Nick..

As many know Nick is a strong Christian and his favourite Bible verse is Joshua 1:9 which says to be strong and courageous which I reckon really sums up how he plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back