Toast Nicholas Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

swans4eva

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
With all the hype around Hannebery's game which I admit was phenomenal... We musn't forget how vital Nick Smith has been in the past 5 or so games tagging.
He has turned into a very, very good tagger and his game today on Hodge (especially in the first half) was top notch.

Well done Nick!

for all those people that wrote him off

SHAME ON YOU

*does the sexy smith dance*

Ive always known he would be the greatest

well me and The Mase any way

SEXY SMITH SEXY SMITH HES GOT THE LOOKS & THE THE SKILLS
OH YEAAAAH!

Im excited he makes me happy

Round 5 vs WCE: played on Mark Le Cras in the 2nd half and kept him to 4 touches and 0 goals in that half. Had 15 touches himself

Round 6 vs Brisbane: played on Luke Power, keeping him to 11 touches.

Round 7 vs Geelong: played on Steve Johnson who had 19 touches, 8 marks and 2 goals. Did pretty well considering the amount of ball put in the area of the Cats forwards and Johnson in particular. Smith beat him in quite a few one on ones.

Round 8 vs Bulldogs: played on Daniel Giansiracusa who had been in wonderufl form up until this game. Kept him to 15 touches and very little if any influence.

Round 9 vs Freo: played on Stephen Hill who had 7 touches and zero impact on the game. Had 14 touches himself.

Round 10 vs Hawks: played on Luke Hodge keeping him to 3 touches in the 1st half and 14 overall. Had 12 himself.

I was actually going to start a post on him last week about the exact same thing:thumbsu: I'am absolutly rapt with how he is going about things atm!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Getting better every week. Smith is another example of the legacy Kirk and Jude will leave this club, as also seen in the likes of Bird, Jack and Hannebery.

God, I can't express how great it is to see young guys leading the way and outperforming their more experienced teammates. Smith, Hannebery, Jack, Rohan, Kennedy, Jetta. White looks like he's finding some touch again. O'Dwyer was quiet but showed good signs in his first senior game of the year. Heath will be a good player next year (and he's still a solid enough option at the moment, better than Bevan for example). Bird is waiting in the wings (no pun intended :eek:), as are BMer and Vespa. Good signs, good signs.

But apparently we have no youth.

He has become one of our most valuable players in a very short period of time. Often doesn't get the credit he deserves, because when he does his job well, the ball never goes near him. Credit also to our recruiting people. In the same year Kirk retires, a young clone of Kirk steps up and takes his place.

Smith ought to go to Stanton or Winderlich i think. Jetta is still very inconsistent while the other 2 are more proven, consistent players. Winderlich cut us up last year at the SCG.

I'd send Rhyce to Jetta (he did a good job on Cyril today) and Smith to Stanton probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back