Nick daffy is gonna be a good pick up for the swans

Remove this Banner Ad

MrsNickDaffy

Rookie
Nov 7, 2001
hes just had some injurys but if he can get that right i think hes going to be excellent for the club, and a future club champion

i think the truth with nick daffy lay between the comments from BSA and MrsNickDaffy. I dont beleive
he is a hack and a loser, but i also dont believe he is a future club champion.
I believe Daffy will be a useful contributor to the Swans. I think he is past his best form , but let us not forget he won a best and fairest only a couple of years ago and was contributing a fair amount of goals for the tigers, and was regarded, as i see it, as one of the better midfield half forward goal kickers in the competition. Lets be reasonable, he has been injuried and that has held him back a fair bit, but i truly believe that if and its a big if, that he can get on the field by round 1 or early on in the piece, and have his body right and healthy , he will provide rocket another goal kicking option. Surely Daffy cant have lost all his ability in a couple of years, and lets be honest he does have ability, so i believe he will be a useful contributor.

nice sentiments cheer cheer

But we said the same thing about Scott Russell, Brett Allison, Robbie Ahmat, Dermott Brereton and Andrew Bomford.

they were all total non-performers for us.

I don't see any reason at all to think Daffy will be any different.

cheers

Originally posted by Bloodstained Angel
nice sentiments cheer cheer

But we said the same thing about Scott Russell, Brett Allison, Robbie Ahmat, Dermott Brereton and Andrew Bomford.

they were all total non-performers for us.

I don't see any reason at all to think Daffy will be any different.

cheers

Russell - didn't want to be there (Daffy?)
Allison- was finished (Daffy?)
Ahmat - very disappointing. Did show patches of brilliance
Brereton - was finished (Daffy?)
Bomford - just not good enough

I think Daffy could contribute IFFF he is motivated. He needs to be motivated to work hard to overcome shoulder and knee injuries, and he has to be motivated to WANT to play for Sydney - and not be worried about his business interests in sunny Melbourne. (I read somewhere once that Melbourne had seen the sun in its lifetime!)

At worst, think of the fact if the duck waddles off that he was the mechanism by which the Swans were able to get Hall1

Thats all I really consider him to be just at the moment roowatch.

You are right - motivation will be the key.

Apparently he has been putting in some huge sessions in the Gym and Swimming Pool to try and get himself fit in time to have a decent crack at the pre-season.

Certainly sounds encouraging but I guess we shall see soon enough whether Daffy is fair dinkum about this.

Personally I still think there just isn't enough desperation about his current situation to get him motovated enough.

- His ludicrous salary is unchanged, in fact Sydney and Richmond are stumping up the monies between them. So its not like he has being paid minimum wage and has to 'prove' himself (compare and contrast Sav Rocca at the Kangaroos with the Daffy situation)

- He has too many extra-curricular activities still down South for him to be totally focussed on his footy in Sydney. Sw^nky restuarants at Southbank to manage, all that Real Estate, all those drinking buddies in Melbourne, Adelaide, Mildura :)D ) etc etc. He's a busy boy - too busy for football perhaps ?

- As a South Australian who has been a past club champion for Richmond, I sincerely doubt whether he is even taking the footy scene at tyhe Sydney Swans seriously. I'm sure deep down his attitude is cynical and he is at the Swans to 'cruise and collect' and to earn a nice little retrirement bonus.

Still at the end of it all - we got Hall, and thats who we wanted.

But Daffy looks a dead certain for the Sydney Swans "Hacks we drafted" Hall of Fame.....

cheers

if you are going to insult my man get your facts straight bllodstained angel, it wasn't mildura he got drunk at a couple of years ago it was actually Bendigo, so get your facts straight.
as for him being a hack, me and my husband are going to be expecting an apoligy when the season starts and you realise that everything you have been saying about him is wrong!

After painstaking research, I declare this to be the most misguided post in bigfooty history.
Plenty of competition from mainly Blues posters. But yep it was wildly optimistic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back