Moved Thread Nick Daicos or Sam Walsh?

Who will have the better career?

• Nick Daicos

Votes: 173 58.6%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 122 41.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder about the mentality of coming on BF to run down young players who have shown heaps in a short career. Funny lives

As to the topic I try to hate Carlton players early and throughout their careers and am very successful at it but Walsh I just loved watching from the 1st time I saw him play. He is enormous and will only get better. Suspect he will be the premier mid in the comp or in the discussion for most of his career going forward. Gun. That mark he took against Port was next level.

Daicos couldnt be more impressive in his 1st year and was a stellar midfield junior who looks a goal kicking threat. He is going to the midfield, anyone who thinks differently I wonder about. Lots of mids havent gone there season 1 but we know the ones earmarked. Collingwood hasnt been shy is saying thats where he ends up. Yes he has to do it but does anyone really think he is staying HB. I think he can potentially match Walsh but he has to do that so Walsh ahead now and for future predictions but could change easily enough.

The one thing Daicos can be moreso than Walsh is a goal kicking mid. If he becomes that 20-30 goal mid he will be gold and he has already shown he can kick goals. Its also how he can go past Pendles if he is good enough over the next 15 seasons as Pendles has had very little scoring threat. Only major flaw he has.

Tbf his ability to get as far away from a contest as possible has to be commended.

Hooley dooley mate..

Naicos.. cause he's playing on a HBF.. what does that mean.. he's possuming it up a gum tree like he's stationed at the keyboards mate and that's it? Jaicos playing on a wing.. he can only go like the clappers on the bass mate?

Guitar drums piano sax.. whatever you want man.. there's nothing these blokes can't play mate.. any possie mate.. except ruck and a coupla other possies of course.. haha.. agghh.. star quality personified mate.. star quality personified.. like Prince mate.. like Prince.

That's it mate.

Last edited:
This is like Carlton’s rebuild threads.
Sam Walsh or Andy Brayshaw
Brayshaw wins MVP leads team back to the finals with no Nat Fyfe.
Now vs Daicos, who will be superior at careers end.
Next year is it going to be Walsh vs Ashcroft?

I think serong vs daicos will be a better thread.

This is like Carlton’s rebuild threads.
Sam Walsh or Andy Brayshaw
Brayshaw wins MVP leads team back to the finals with no Nat Fyfe.
Now vs Daicos, who will be superior at careers end.
Next year is it going to be Walsh vs Ashcroft?

I think serong vs daicos will be a better thread.
Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

Sam walsh picks up 30 votes in the brownlow in his third season, to finish equal 4th in 2021
All australian also in 2021 in third season
2021 was also the season that cripps had a stuffed back, so our midfield was walsh then daylight, so he had bugger all support,

nick daicos has had better support around him at the start of his career than walsh
walsh straight into the middle against big inside mids in his first season, daicos of half back getting easier balls

people forget the serious foot injury that ruined his pre season for 2022
Walsh has the runs on the board, it is up to daicos to prove he can back up next year

so from memory it has been these threads
walsh v rozee
walsh v bailey smith
walsh v bradshaw
now walsh v daicos
who is next

Sam walsh picks up 30 votes in the brownlow in his third season, to finish equal 4th in 2021
2021 was also the season that cripps had a stuffed back, so our midfield was walsh then daylight, so he had bugger all support,

nick daicos has had better support around him at the start of his career than walsh
walsh straight into the middle against big inside mids in his first season, daicos of half back getting easier balls

Walsh has the runs on the board, it is up to daicos to prove he can back up next year

walsh v rozee
walsh v bailey smith
walsh v bradshaw
now walsh v daicos
who is next
Crediting others isn’t discrediting Walsh.
Definetly a feather in the cap that he is the benchmark who others compare to.
I rate him highly and would love to have AB and serong feeding it out to Walsh on the wing for the Anchors!

Oh goodie - a Collingwood nuffie missing the attention.
I read it as "who will have the best carer?", which i thought may be a little premature.

Sam Walsh is a beauty, but Collingwood have Daicos.
It will be an interesting comparison in 10 years time.

walsh v rozee
walsh v bailey smith
walsh v bradshaw
now walsh v daicos
who is next

They even tried Sydney Stack at one point 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read it as "who will have the best carer?", which i thought may be a little premature.

Sam Walsh is a beauty, but Collingwood have Daicos.
It will be an interesting comparison in 10 years time.

Why ? What's so interesting about that ??

Why is everyone's career or output being compared to Walsh ? Why not Daicos versus Andrew Brayshaw or Oliver

walsh v rozee
walsh v bailey smith
walsh v bradshaw
now walsh v daicos
who is next

I'm going the Walsh v Don Bradman poll.

walsh v rozee
walsh v bailey smith
walsh v bradshaw
now walsh v daicos
who is next

Why ? What's so interesting about that ??

Why is everyone's career or output being compared to Walsh ? Why not Daicos versus Andrew Brayshaw or Oliver
Maaate!
Not my thread.
You will rarely ever see me comparing players.
They are all individuals and even at the pointiest of ends they all bring different stuff to the table.
I go off how much pleasure they give in the watching.

Bradman is one of the best in his position, but plays 22 yards off his opponent... a bit like Naicos really.
Bradman's feet never leave the ground though.

You will rarely see coaches compare individual players either.

Mihocek over Krueger.
Johnson over Henry.

Having the skill to compare individual players is not important when it comes to selecting your best 22 players for the week. It does not assist with winning games of football at all. It should be outlawed.

Reality.

The game of football wouldn't exist even as a game of hit and giggle if you don't use the skill of comparing individual players. You wouldn't even have a football as a matter of fact.

Last edited:
How do list managers go about their business. Do they not compare individual players?

Comparing individual players say in a top 50 list. Wouldn't that assist anyone in understanding the game a lot more?

Collingwood v Carlton games with Naicos and Walsh out there for the next 10 years. How does one not compare the 2 for even just a fleeting moment?

Last edited:
You will rarely see coaches compare individual players either.

Mihocek over Krueger.
Johnson over Henry.

Having the skill to compare individual players is not important when it comes to selecting your best 22 players for the week. It does not assist with winning games of football at all. It should be outlawed.

Reality.

The game of football wouldn't exist even as a game of hit and giggle if you don't use the skill of comparing individual players. You wouldn't even have a football as a matter of fact.
How do list managers go about their business. Do they not compare individual players?

Comparing individual players say in a top 50 list. Wouldn't that assist anyone in understanding the game a lot more?

Collingwood v Carlton games with Naicos and Walsh out there for the next 10 years. How does one not compare the 2 for even just a fleeting moment?
This is true to a degree, but coaches and list managers are more about complimentary skills than comparing specific players.

Look at Collingwood's recruitment of Mitchell - Did Collingwood rank him against the other on-ballers available during the trade period, or did they look at his inside/distributor skillset and see that as an important complimentary skill to work in tandem with Adams, to extract the ball to the likes of Naicos, Sidebottom, Pendlebury and De Goey?

Noone is going to look at Mitchell and Sidebottom and ask 'who is the better player'. But we can sit back and watch them work together with their complimentary skillsets to carve teams up in 2023.

There is also a bit of a horses for courses aspect when comparing players. Who is the best fit for the team based on the opposition? That is why a team's squad of 30 plus is more important than seeing a best 22 on paper...

This is true to a degree, but coaches and list managers are more about complimentary skills than comparing specific players.

Look at Collingwood's recruitment of Mitchell - Did Collingwood rank him against the other on-ballers available during the trade period, or did they look at his inside/distributor skillset and see that as an important complimentary skill to work in tandem with Adams, to extract the ball to the likes of Naicos, Sidebottom, Pendlebury and De Goey?

Noone is going to look at Mitchell and Sidebottom and ask 'who is the better player'. But we can sit back and watch them work together with their complimentary skillsets to carve teams up in 2023.

There is also a bit of a horses for courses aspect when comparing players. Who is the best fit for the team based on the opposition? That is why a team's squad of 30 plus is more important than seeing a best 22 on paper...

Yes they would have ranked him against other on-ballers in the TP.

Complimentary skill set? To an extent. But there's also players in our side with a similar skill set to Titch as well so they had to compare before making a decision. If Adams was say extraordinary in the guts the decision would have been more hard yakka. They wouldn’t have got out the chards and thought well how easy is this. What a purler? So they're comparing again.

Titch and Sidey yes I'm going to ask the question. They do share a similar skillset.

If you don't try and draw comparisons between the 2 how will you know what players you need for the side. Best fit. Yep. Well you're comparing Titch to what other sides will put out on the park.

You're flat chat comparing no matter what you do really.

Last edited:
Back