Moved Thread Nick Daicos or Sam Walsh?

Who will have the better career?

• Nick Daicos

Votes: 173 58.6%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 122 41.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is true to a degree, but coaches and list managers are more about complimentary skills than comparing specific players.

Look at Collingwood's recruitment of Mitchell - Did Collingwood rank him against the other on-ballers available during the trade period, or did they look at his inside/distributor skillset and see that as an important complimentary skill to work in tandem with Adams, to extract the ball to the likes of Naicos, Sidebottom, Pendlebury and De Goey?

Noone is going to look at Mitchell and Sidebottom and ask 'who is the better player'. But we can sit back and watch them work together with their complimentary skillsets to carve teams up in 2023.

There is also a bit of a horses for courses aspect when comparing players. Who is the best fit for the team based on the opposition? That is why a team's squad of 30 plus is more important than seeing a best 22 on paper...

You can't have a top 50 without comparing players. You've got Buckley next to Lockett. And you can't compare Sidebottom to Titch?

Nicky D will be eased into the midfield because McRae knows what he is doing.
Saying Walsh will have the better career is deluded.

Both stars. Both will have amazing careers.

If both are going to have amazing careers, then it's not deluded to suggest that one might have a better career than the other. :shrug:

It's like heads or tails. Pointless.

All the Collingwood haters pick Walsh and vica versa.

These two are special. Enjoy watching them.

Saying Daicos played half back implies he had some sort of defensive responsibility.

Loose man who takes the kick in’s was his role in 2022.

Half your luck he'll be playing as our 6th best mid for the next 15 yrs then eh.

Get out the champers mate.

I'm taking Daicos. As good as what Walsh is, he's a dime-a-dozen those midfielders who rack up 30 touches and rarely trouble the scoreboard. Macrae, Wines, Kelly, Oliver, Steele, etc.

Daicos has those intangibles you can't teach. He probably doesn't train anywhere near as hard as what Walsh does but he will equal his overall output through sheer natural brilliance. I think he could become a champion forward or a champion midfielder if Collingwood choose to permanently move him away from the back half.
The game appears effortless to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm taking Daicos. As good as what Walsh is, he's a dime-a-dozen those midfielders who rack up 30 touches and rarely trouble the scoreboard. Macrae, Wines, Kelly, Oliver, Steele, etc.

Daicos has those intangibles you can't teach. He probably doesn't train anywhere near as hard as what Walsh does but he will equal his overall output through sheer natural brilliance. I think he could become a champion forward or a champion midfielder if Collingwood choose to permanently move him away from the back half.
100% reminds me of a young Ablett. Remains to be seen though. He is special either way..

In accordance with the doctrine of multiplication compensation calibration.

Poll results as at 24th Nov 2022

Walsh (4th yr) 73
Naicos (1st yr) 54 * 1.5 = 81

That there is more of a reliable precise and accurate assessment of where we're at the moment.. I reckon.

In accordance with the doctrine of multiplication compensation calibration.

Poll results as at 24th Nov 2022

Walsh (4th yr) 73
Naicos (1st yr) 54 * 1.5 = 81

That there is more of a reliable precise and accurate assessment of where we're at the moment.. I reckon.
I reckon you've grossly understated the multiplication factor. Should be x2 at a minimum...

How about Daicos V Ashcroft?

I feel a new poll coming up..

Both Nick and Sam superstars well on there way. I hate these comparisons.

If you hate these comparisons.. does that mean you dislike Hine? He's in the business of comparing players is he not? Rebuilding.. managing the list.. requires you to draw comparisons between the players.. does it not?

If you hate these comparisons.. does that mean you dislike Hine? He's in the business of comparing players is he not? Rebuilding.. managing the list.. requires you to draw comparisons between the players.. does it not?
I hate them because all the Collingwood haters vote Walsh and vica versa.. although some here show no bias..

Back