Moved Thread Nick Daicos or Sam Walsh?

Who will have the better career?

• Nick Daicos

Votes: 173 58.6%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 122 41.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you’re sounding a lil bit like a fanboi, Tassie will get ambassador privileges outside the cap, if Nick continues on his current path he’ll have a choice, stay with us for 1 million or go to Tassie for 2, it’s a no brainer, he will go.
Good luck with that. You don't get #35 and piss it up against the wall.
I know what I'm talking about. I know the family personally.

Good luck with that. You don't get #35 and piss it up against the wall.
I know what I'm talking about. I know the family personally.
Mate not wanting to argue against a fellow Daicos fan, but do you think Junior wanted to go to the GC, do you think Israel wanted to go to GWS, campaigner, they were given offers they couldn’t knock back, club loyalty is great but providing for your family is greater.

Mate not wanting to argue against a fellow Daicos fan, but do you think Junior wanted to go to the GC, do you think Israel wanted to go to GWS, campaigner, they were given offers they couldn’t knock back, club loyalty is great but providing for your family is greater.

If anyone knows the positives of being a Colingwood legend, both financially and through connections and relationships, it's Peter Daicos.

Well aside from us being absolute horse manure on field and Walsh suffering the curse of Carltonisation post back surgery...

Daicos paid some attention again today by opposition and had almost 0 impact on game. Turned the ball over in close and looked rushed frequently.
Perhaps not infallible?

Well aside from us being absolute horse manure on field and Walsh suffering the curse of Carltonisation post back surgery...

Daicos paid some attention again today by opposition and had almost 0 impact on game. Turned the ball over in close and looked rushed frequently.
Perhaps not infallible?
I love the energy expended by opposition teams in an attempt to negate him.... meanwhile Collingwood continue on their winning ways.

I love the energy expended by opposition teams in an attempt to negate him.... meanwhile Collingwood continue on their winning ways.
Not sure if the Swans missing 5 gimme's in front of goal in the 2nd and 3rd had anything to do with them paying a player some basic attention during the game.

This was always so premature. Daicos is a gun, nobody can deny it, and he started the season brilliantly - but, he has been brought down to earth the last couple of games which was always the likely thing to happen at some stage. Not terrible games but certainly has been limited in how he’s been able to affect the game. The comments about his status in the game are ridiculous considering the small sample size.

The hype was always going to happen given he plays for Collingwood, given the pies are winning, given the family name, and given how nice he looks when he has the pill. Commentators have been shoving him down our throats and everyone is lapping it up. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t been playing brilliant footy, but worth considering when you’re assessing his status amongst the best players. The hype doesn’t mean he’s a better footballer.

Anyone who has said this comparison is not worth making because of what Daicos has done so far has got rocks in their heads.

Let’s not forget how good Walsh has been as a pure midfielder (a more difficult position) when he’s been up and running. Have a look at 2021, his third year:
-16 brownlow votes in the first ten games.
- in the 6 games between rounds 15 and 20 he had 14 brownlow votes.

Finished with 30 brownlow votes that year. And I know people criticize brownlow votes but it’s backed up when he polled coaches award votes in 15 of the 22 games, including 8 of the first 10… in a team that finished with 8 wins.

You might argue that I’m cherry picking sequences of games, but the sample size of Daicos’ opening 6 games of this year which has caused so much fuss is so small that it’s worth pointing out that it’s far from unprecedented. (And he was good, but not AA or anything last year, so you can’t argue that it’s just par for the course for him and continued form).

And these arguments of “he’s not as good a kick, so he’s not as damaging or as good a player” are weak. The coaches know what the value of good kicking and still give votes to walsh in so many games because of everything else he brings to the table.
(Similar thing to those dusty v Dangerfield comparisons - but that’s one of my unpopular opinions for another day)

Yes it’s fun to watch and compare and predict as we go forward, and everyone can have an opinion, but some of these comments saying they’re miles apart are absolutely ludicrous.

Walsh is yesterdays news come out the blocks fast got an excessive amount of kudos now he’s just another Darcy parish.
Naicos has the footy smarts that Walsh could only dream of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh is yesterdays news come out the blocks fast got an excessive amount of kudos now he’s just another Darcy parish.
Naicos has the footy smarts that Walsh could only dream of.

Still don’t understand the comparison of a half back distributor to a midfielder enforcer.

I stand by my call last year, Andy McGrath vs Nick Daicos would be a fairer poll.

Yeah you’re sounding a lil bit like a fanboi, Tassie will get ambassador privileges outside the cap, if Nick continues on his current path he’ll have a choice, stay with us for 1 million or go to Tassie for 2, it’s a no brainer, he will go.
View attachment 1679238
If the Tassie team does get the opportunity to take contracted players from other clubs like Dangerfield wants, the clubs better get to select a protected list. It would be ridiculous if they could just offer huge money and sign any teams superstar player that has had incredible resources and development put into.

If the Tassie team does get the opportunity to take contracted players from other clubs like Dangerfield wants, the clubs better get to select a protected list. It would be ridiculous if they could just offer huge money and sign any teams superstar player that has had incredible resources and development put into.

You mean like what already happens now? GWS GC have been raided before that StKilda Bulldogs and even Fitzroy.

Still don’t understand the comparison of a half back distributor to a midfielder enforcer.

I stand by my call last year, Andy McGrath vs Nick Daicos would be a fairer poll.
Midfield enforcer is a stretch.
I do agree that it is unfair to compare Walsh to Daicos.

One can only play midfield and the other can play anywhere.

33 v 85 games, Walsh for me at this stage, he has a bigger sample size and plays a tougher role.

If Daicos plays the rest of the season at a high standard, I might reconsider.

That is not fair on Walsh, as he can sometimes shake a tag also.
In all honesty though, I think it is a big tick for Daicos, that a second year player worries teams so much that they feel they have to tag him.

Given Collingwood try and get the ball in his hands at every opportunity it makes sense.

Back