Moved Thread Nick Daicos or Will Ashcroft?

Who is more damaging inside?

• Nick Daicos

Votes: 79 61.2%
  • Will Ashcroft

Votes: 50 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Daicos is a freak and is breaking boundaries left & right. Clearly ahead of Ashcroft (And Sheezal) but I don't believe that's just because he is a year older. His impact for Collingwood is geninue best player on the team territory where as Ashcroft is more role player (Albeit in a Top 4 midfield).

Still, Ashcroft in his first year has shown the flashes of brilliance we know he'll deliver more consistently as he develops. He has been managed all year by Fagan & the club, with most games being in the bottom 3-4 for time on ground. Neale & Dunkley lead the engine room and Ashcroft is just a cog in the wheel while he develops.

Look out for Levi Ashcroft though, kid has serious talent and I believe could end up better than Will.

Like with Ashcroft, you’ll never find a post of mine actually saying a bad word about Sheezel.

He will be an absolute superstar himself. All 3 of them will be. I’m taking Nick Daicos though because IMO he has more X factor than either of the other two.
And more damaging.

For someone who thinks Nick Daicos is a very good player, you don’t seem to show it when you post about him in other threads…

Just a couple I could find to validate why I’d create this thread for you.

Now do the same and find where I’ve EVER actually had a negative thing to say about Ashcroft. Just one post.

Yet I’m the insecure one? Hmmmmm

My brother in christ, you made the thread. You're literally shadow boxing with yourself. It is hilarious to watch.

My brother in christ, you made the thread. You're literally shadow boxing with yourself. It is hilarious to watch.
As I’ve said a few times. To save you the hassle of regularly potting Daicos in other threads (which I’ve quoted) I thought I’d have a thread on its own here for you to post in.

You’ve called me insecure, but like I said, find me one post where I’ve potted Ashcroft all year.

This is what BF is all about. Abit of banter whilst we discuss football. If you (or anyone else) think it’s insecurity, that’s water off a ducks back for me because I’ve got nothing to be insecure about, Daicos continues to prove his doubters wrong and it’s beautiful to watch.

As I’ve said a few times. To save you the hassle of regularly potting Daicos in other threads (which I’ve quoted) I thought I’d have a thread on its own here for you to post in.

You’ve called me insecure, but like I said, find me one post where I’ve potted Ashcroft all year.

This is what BF is all about. Abit of banter whilst we discuss football. If you (or anyone else) think it’s insecurity, that’s water off a ducks back for me because I’ve got nothing to be insecure about, Daicos continues to prove his doubters wrong and it’s beautiful to watch.

I'll see you in the next Pies gameday thread

Scott Pendlebury for me. Until Nick proves himself as a generational, elite basketball prodigy that sacrificed a sustained period of fame and fortune by choosing AFL as his preferred sport.

You see, that’s where you lost me. You could have claimed just about anything else

Daicos is a consistent freak, almost a robot, but in no world does he have the forward craft and X factor Sheezel has.

Daicos will end up being a midfielder, Sheezel will end up being a Steve Johnson style 50+ goal a season fwd/mid.
I’m not going to pretend like I’ve watched anywhere near as much of Sheezel as you have, so can’t really comment on his forward craft.

You’re not comparing the two based on exposed form though, are you? Daicos has kicked 4x the goals Sheezel has, and a few have been on the run from 50, another was from a tight-ish angle against Port from 45 out, then you’ve got the one on ANZAC day against Essendon where he practically checksided it on the run within the space of a few metres after receiving the handball. The kid just does things you can tell he has naturally inherited from his old man who probably has the best forward craft/goal nous of anyone that has ever played the game.

I know you love your Sheezel, but he ain’t quite at young Nicholas’s level just yet.

I sit here stunned this thread was created by a pies fan. Shocked and stunned.
Now to keep with tradition, please insert Richmond into the thread somehow. I’m sure there is something there…

Speaking of insecure it's clear from this thread that Pies/Lions fans have nothing on North fans

Funny thing is if not for the F/S rule North could have drafted both Daicos and Ashcroft. Daicos in the back line followed up by Ashcroft's mid/forward genius (with support from lesser players like LDU) would be something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young Nick is already the best player in the game, surprised he’s not being nominated in the HOF tonight actually.
Is that what you were looking for with this thread?
Need you to call him the GOAT ahead of Dusty, and I’ll then be able to sleep like a baby tonight.

He’s just joking though

Bearing in mind that Daicos is playing a lot further back than Petracca is who is predominantly an attacking midfielder.

That is the point.

I’m not comparing the two as players, just highlighting that i50s in isolation mean jack all if player B is sending it in less, but will actually deliver it where it’s meant to go more often.
It's not in isolation. It's in the context of the post/s I replied to.

Last edited:
For someone who thinks Nick Daicos is a very good player, you don’t seem to show it when you post about him in other threads…

Just a couple I could find to validate why I’d create this thread for you.

Now do the same and find where I’ve EVER actually had a negative thing to say about Ashcroft. Just one post.

Yet I’m the insecure one? Hmmmmm
Not gonna lie, your post does read as very insecure.

I don't get why we need comparisons.

Pies supporters love Nick, Lions supporters would love Will.
What is not to love about these two players.

Who really cares if somebody on a keyboard thinks their boy is better?

Love the game and appreciate that we get to see them both play.
There have been some brilliant youth come into our game over the past couple of years.

Lets just enjoy them all, as it is good to see talent enter the game and not get lost elsewhere.

I am looking forward to Daicos Bros Vs Ashcroft Bros battles in a couple of years.

I’m not going to pretend like I’ve watched anywhere near as much of Sheezel as you have, so can’t really comment on his forward craft.

You’re not comparing the two based on exposed form though, are you? Daicos has kicked 4x the goals Sheezel has, and a few have been on the run from 50, another was from a tight-ish angle against Port from 45 out, then you’ve got the one on ANZAC day against Essendon where he practically checksided it on the run within the space of a few metres after receiving the handball. The kid just does things you can tell he has naturally inherited from his old man who probably has the best forward craft/goal nous of anyone that has ever played the game.

I know you love your Sheezel, but he ain’t quite at young Nicholas’s level just yet.

Daicos wasn’t quite at Sheezels level last year, so we will see what year two looks like.

Sheezel has played 12 games, almost entirely in the backline, so it’s purely based on their underage performances.

Sheezel is the most damaging forward to ever come through the u18 system according to CD rankings. 4 x 200+ point games alone last year and over 50 goals in all comps.

As I said, I see Nick as a full time midfielder, I see Sheezel being a Steve Johnson style fwd/mid.

This thread is morphing into a Daicos v Ashcroft v Sheezel thread, I would like to include Bailey Humphrey, Jason Horne-Francis, George Wardlaw and Levi Ashcroft please.

Back