List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, around early May when he was up on the GC he was having thoughts. But clearly things changed after that. 4 months ago. I don't think he will be second guessing now. Lots of excitement to feel good about.
Like most people, when we all holiday somewhere beautiful (remember those days....) we all dream of, oh we should move here...Nick just had that feeling for a short time no doubt whilst on the ‘Goldy’...Pies bound all along.

He was probably getting recruited pretty hard by Rowell and Anderson. Not worth the hand-wringing.
TRS get with the program son, now that we have the Pres, Snr coach and two coaching assistants resolved there is only the board shtfight to obsess over - many obviously need something else to freak out over.

Would be nice if we could use their rapport and flip it.

It would have been nice if he wavered enough that the club didn’t know going into the 2020 trade period, if they should trade away their 2021 first yet…

It would have been nice if he wavered enough that the club didn’t know going into the 2020 trade period, if they should trade away their 2021 first yet…
Would have been much worse if he decided not to nominate and we gave away the pick. But luckily, he came to his senses and it all worked out.

Last edited:
I hope he takes the no 35, keeps it and makes it his own, not a fan of the number rotating
Hopefully.
He said in his nomination article that while he wants to make his own journey, he also likes the thought of traditon, so fingers crossed. No reason you can't do both.

Loved what McRae said here. That he plans on having a chat to Nick soon.

NICK DAICOS

“I think expectations can overwhelm people at times. I haven’t spoke to the young lad yet, but I plan to.

“I was fortunate enough to catch up with Chris Connolly and his experience with Jack Watts at Melbourne. Jack Watts was the No. 1 pick and (Connolly’s) comment … was ‘he was coming in to develop and we (gave) him to the least experienced coach’.

“I don’t want to fall into that trap, so maybe the highest pick needs to go to (our) most experienced coach.”

Loved what McRae said here. That he plans on having a chat to Nick soon.

NICK DAICOS

“I think expectations can overwhelm people at times. I haven’t spoke to the young lad yet, but I plan to.

“I was fortunate enough to catch up with Chris Connolly and his experience with Jack Watts at Melbourne. Jack Watts was the No. 1 pick and (Connolly’s) comment … was ‘he was coming in to develop and we (gave) him to the least experienced coach’.

“I don’t want to fall into that trap, so maybe the highest pick needs to go to (our) most experienced coach.”
This sort of approach could change a hugely talented young man into a true champion :twohearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sort of approach could change a hugely talented young man into a true champion :twohearts:
I think he'll also appreciate the feeling and confidence he has made the right choice in nominating. The coach wanting to get to know him before he is even drafted.

Taller than his brother, who is playing wing..

I really want Josh on a flank.

I just think how he moves around packs and how good he is around goal is huge for a team who struggles to kick goals.

Can still have small periods in the midfield.

60% Flank
20% Pocket
20% Mid

I really want Josh on a flank.

I just think how he moves around packs and how good he is around goal is huge for a team who struggles to kick goals.

Can still have small periods in the midfield.

60% Flank
20% Pocket
20% Mid

I agree that I like him better on a flank. I think he plays the role of high half forward pretty well.

His ability to play that role and Nick coming on to the list is why I’m comfortable with Josh Thomas being moved on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back