List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is going to be a ripper, will play round 1. Exactly what the club needs and the club has done well to get him through the door.

Marc Murphy, Zac Merrett, Sam Mitchell

I’d say Diacos reminds me of these three the most (Murphy especially), stocky compact mids with neat skills. Mitchell has the dual sided special stuff

180 (he doesn’t look 183) 80+ kgs isn’t what you’d would want for a wing sized player.

On the ball next to Degoey and Macrae in the future would be super though. That’s 3/4, get one extra and our midfield is set good and proper.
He’s the best performing player in the draft right now but I don’t think he’ll be the best player in the end. He’ll be very very good though.

I’d say Diacos reminds me of these three the most (Murphy especially), stocky compact mids with neat skills. Mitchell has the dual sided special stuff

180 (he doesn’t look 183) 80+ kgs isn’t what you’d would want for a wing sized player.

On the ball next to Degoey and Macrae in the future would be super though. That’s 3/4, get one extra and our midfield is set good and proper.
He’s the best performing player in the draft right now but I don’t think he’ll be the best player in the end. He’ll be very very good though.
Yeah he does. He’s a fair bit taller than Josh, defs more than 2cm.

You're wrong about who he plays like - I watched his old man start his football career at Collingwood and saw every game and training session I could get to over his career.

There is much of Peter in Nick, he reads not only the game but his opponents truly which is why he is always in the right place, just like Snr.

Pendles has had much to do with young Nick since the very first days Peter brought him to the club. You can see Pendles in his smoothness and poise.

A blend of Snr and Pendles he is - but only time will tell if he reaches his glittering potential.

Yeah he does. He’s a fair bit taller than Josh, defs more than 2cm.

Might be the slight crouch in his running gait haha

was surprised to see Cerra listed at 187cm he certainly doesn’t play to his height. Players and clubs do tell fibs sometimes.
Diacos a right footed version of that?

That type of player outcome would be a great get.

You're wrong about who he plays like - I watched his old man start his football career at Collingwood and saw every game and training session I could get to over his career.
A blend of Snr and Pendles
May well be the case.
However, those that weren’t fortunate enough to see PD play need to draw a comparison from somewhere else.
Doesn’t make it wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May well be the case.
However, those that weren’t fortunate enough to see PD play need to draw a comparison from somewhere else.
Doesn’t make it wrong.
He's also much more of an accumulator than Peter ever was, but Peter was (obviously) the superior goal-kicking player, even in the midfield.

Might be the slight crouch in his running gait haha

was surprised to see Cerra listed at 187cm he certainly doesn’t play to his height. Players and clubs do tell fibs sometimes.
Diacos a right footed version of that?

That type of player outcome would be a great get.

*Daicos

It's too important a name to misspell. :)

There is much of Peter in Nick, he reads not only the game but his opponents truly which is why he is always in the right place, just like Snr.

Pendles has had much to do with young Nick since the very first days Peter brought him to the club. You can see Pendles in his smoothness and poise.

A blend of Snr and Pendles he is - but only time will tell if he reaches his glittering potential.
So you are saying he is a super freak.

Peter Daicos through the middle early days was pretty special. There is a fair bit of Dad in Josh also.

He's also much more of an accumulator than Peter ever was, but Peter was (obviously) the superior goal-kicking player, even in the midfield.
Peter the midfielder was actually quite the accumulator himself. Not to the extent that Nick is, but you need to take in to account that it was a much lower possession type game back in those days too. A 25ppg average was probably the equivalent of a 35ppg average these days.

Peter the midfielder was actually quite the accumulator himself. Not to the extent that Nick is, but you need to take in to account that it was a much lower possession type game back in those days too. A 25ppg average was probably the equivalent of a 35ppg average these days.
For sure, Daicos the elder hovering around 20 disposals a game is very different to today's 20 disposals.

Especially when he'd kick it 15 times of 20 touches! Not many players like that anymore, and Nick definitely uses handpasses a lot

May well be the case.
Doesn’t make it wrong.
His highlights, whilst as impressive as they obviously are, focus mainly on the freak goals and overshadow how good he actually was around the ground and through the middle, especially early on.

Luckily Nick has something those players don't.

Peter Daicos genes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back