List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Why don't they show a bit of class & paint their faces instead. 😃
Gotta support the team!
1635055429081.jpeg

Stephenson has more Twitter followers than J.Daicos?

Figures I suppose, if Twitter had been around in the 80’s, Mark Jackson would have had more Twitter followers than Peter Daicos. Twitter follower count is probably more a measure of the probability that somebody will do stupid s**t, than it would be of anything else.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood

Figures I suppose, if Twitter had been around in the 80’s, Mark Jackson would have had more Twitter followers than Peter Daicos. Twitter follower count is probably more a measure of the probability that somebody will do stupid sh*t, than it would be of anything else.
The TWIT part of twitter is the most descriptive :rolleyes:

Figures I suppose, if Twitter had been around in the 80’s, Mark Jackson would have had more Twitter followers than Peter Daicos. Twitter follower count is probably more a measure of the probability that somebody will do stupid sh*t, than it would be of anything else.

That's not twitter...

Collingwood father-son prodigy Nick Daicos has expressed his desire to receive an early bid at the AFL Draft later this month to reward his standout efforts across the junior ranks.
The classy and prolific midfielder-forward dominated whenever he took the field this season — for the Oakleigh Chargers in the NAB League and for Vic Metro at national level — with AFL Talent Manager Kevin Sheehan unable to split Daicos and South Australian Jason Horne-Francis for the No.1 pick.

While Daicos has spoken with North Melbourne and Greater Western Sydney – who hold the first two selections in the draft – he said he had not been given an indication from either club about whether they will bid on him.

He quipped that the radio silence from North Melbourne suggested he hadn’t put his best foot forward in his club interview.

Despite his intent to attract a high bid, Daicos is “excited” to officially be drafted to Collingwood on November 24.

“I’d love to be recognised and go as high as I can and recognise the hard work that I put in. But at the end of the day I’m going to Collingwood and that’s where my intention lies,” Daicos told reporters on Monday.

“I haven’t heard too much from (North Melbourne or GWS). I had an interview with North Melbourne about a month ago and I haven’t heard from them since, so I don’t know if I interviewed too well.

“I’m really excited to be in black and white.”

Father-son bids from rival clubs can be matched at a 20 per cent discount on the draft value index — a bid on Daicos at pick 2 would require to the Magpies to cough up 2013 draft points.

The son of Collingwood great Peter Daicos committed to joining Collingwood in August after considering other clubs, proclaiming he would have been “stupid” not to assess alternative options.

“There was a bit of thought – just had to access the option. I think it would be stupid to only look at Collingwood, I had to look around and see other teams,” Daicos explained.

“Ultimately, I knew that I was going to end up at Collingwood.

Daicos said he had not read into the discussion between him and Horne-Francis, with Sheehan describing both prospects as future stars.

“I think the debate is about those two (for the No.1 pick),” Sheehan said.

“I’m saying they are both 200-game players and maybe more, and they’re going to be future stars of our game.”

The Chargers product has met with incumbent Collingwood coach Craig McCrae, lauding his relationship skills and saying he can’t wait to play under him.

Asked about Liam Jones’ retirement from the game due to a reluctance to be vaccinated against Covid-19, Daicos said he respects players’ decisions either way.

He said the draft crop is “more than happy” to receive the jab in order to achieve their AFL dream.

“It’s been a general consensus that we need to get vaccinated to play footy, and if that’s what it takes, then I think a lot of the boys are more than happy to do it,” he said.

“But if not, then that’s their right not to do it. We don’t read too much into it, I guess it’s personal preference, but I’ve been vaccinated so I’m ready to play.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back