List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Father Son

At least we have that.

As an aside who is the last gun player as a son we have had from father Son?

Travis Cloke is the obvious.

We are awaiting the Moore era but it is yet to materialise.

Moore is 21 so I would not Expect Mircales for a Few Seasons and with the Dud Coaches around Him

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Given the Yarra JFL go from U15 to Colts(U17) I assume this is playing for Oakleigh Chargers U16? Should be against decent opposition.
This says he's playing U15s for Kew Rovers in the YJFL in 2017. He has played 3 games and kicked 12 goals (all in his last game, of course):-

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_i...199698520&client=1-3817-57873-408670-25193138

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_i...t=1-3817-57873-443973-25984487&ocompID=443973

The team won 143-14:- http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124892808&c=1-3817-57873-443973-0&pool=1

Edit: It doesn't look like they have the goalkickers for his other two games but it's very likely (with the team winning those clashes easily as well) that he has scored many more than 12 goals for the season.

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moore is 21 so I would not Expect Mircales for a Few Seasons and with the Dud Coaches around Him
TD I think you don't give enough responsibility to the players as they get ball.
Players kick the ball.
Between the big sticks.
Marking the ball.
Player does all this.

Never mind the coaches, players don't have to miss kicks, miss marks, trip over etc.

Moore needs to fill out more, and granted needs more support.
He may even one day take over the CHB spot with McLarty the FB.

But it's up to him, now, to mark strongly. Kick straight etc.

The coaches whole different matter.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
See I'm related to daics through marriage (distantly), what disturbs me is that you and I are somewhat associated away from figbooty.

I'm actually blood related.. are you? If you are let's hope you have acquired my striking good looks and charming demeanor.

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm actually blood related.. are you? If you are let's hope you have acquired my striking good looks and charming demeanor.
I sat next to Daics in a girlie bar in Manila once...
San Mig, girls in bikinis & Daics...thought I was in heaven...

zorbadunde

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nick is a very talented young player. He at this stage is still learning some finer touches of the game.

You have to remember nick is 14 playing in the under 15's against kids a year older than he is.

I've seen nick play on countless occasions and he is one of the most talented kids for his age group but there is still a long way to go.

He still has a lot of development to go but all signs look great at this stage.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I sat next to Daics in a girlie bar in Manila once...
San Mig, girls in bikinis & Daics...thought I was in heaven...

untitled.png
daicos.png
:D

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
By the way...Daics was the perfect gentleman (& loyal family man), he had a couple of polite beers with the Aussie expat footballers, then ventured back to his Hotel.
Leaving us to run amok in Manila.

Go it........what happens in Manila stays in Manila ;)

Daicos is a GOD......even if he is Macedonian :p

Can you quote the first few sentences of the Article Dave not just a link. Cheers.
COLLINGWOOD fans can start dreaming of a forward line with two Daicos boys with Peter’s youngest son Nick excelling in junior ranks.

With Josh Daicos closing in on a famous AFL debut in his first season at the Magpies, Nick is fresh from a bag of 12 goals playing above his age group.

Daicos Sr left Josh’s VFL game on Sunday for Nick’s under-15 clash and was on hand at the Balwyn North oval as the lightly-built youngster dominated.

Nick’s 12 majors came from about 22 disposals as Kew Rovers thumped Boroondara Hawks in the first division of the Yarra Junior Football League.

On Peter’s request, Nick Daicos spent pre-season at Oakleigh Chargers despite not being eligible for the TAC Cup club until after this season.

“I certainly know a lot about him and know there’s quite a bit of ability there,” Chargers talent manager Craig Notman said.

“Nick’s a very talented and flexible player. He was a strong midfield contributor in the first two rounds.

“He can mark in his own right, but predominantly kicks them using his body and reading the ball better than his opponent.

“He was kicking them from all parts — snap shots or really nice set-shots, he did it all. He’s a right-footer, but he’s confident on both.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back