List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be the most unnecessary post but...
For those to young for Peter Daicos and his sublime talent and play....

Think Cyril Rioli magic goals but only much better.
Think Daren Jarman skill either side of the body but only much better.
Think Daniel Wells skill but only much better.
Think Phil Carman electricity but only much more disciplined and much more level headed and a much longer career....

So if Nick can be less than his dad but still darn good I’d happily take a Rioli or Jarman for a lengthy career.

But no pressure son, none at all.

Think Phil Carman electricity but only much more disciplined and much more level headed and a much longer career....

So if Nick can be less than his dad but still darn good I’d happily take a Rioli or Jarman for a lengthy career.

Why have you been posting twice so much today?

Duran Duran principle.

They liked their name so much they named themselves twice.

002AC3A1-383E-4216-B1BB-9B48A5C000D3.gif

Kicked them from everywhere and in all the ways imaginable - sensational forward to say the least.

But as a young mid . . . . my oh my oh my!! Would have won Brownlows but for his injury woes that forced him off the ball.

Only if you don’t care how many posts you have done
What happens if you do care but the system going through a clean up throws wonderful posts multiple times?

:p

#Dilemma

Guys just calm down regarding nick. He will be just fine as long as he keeps the work up. Have been following his development since the early days
( u13’s ) and he’s never had it easy as some have suggested. He’s always played up an age group and still excelled.

He’s being played out of his regular position at school and they’re testing him in different roles to help with his development. As I’ve told everyone I’ve talked to, Collingwood will need all the points they can for his draft year. A very special talent, providing he keeps on the same trend as currently showing.

Sounds like you need to calm the farm as well. All the draft points for his year. Wow

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they are too young to remember Peter Daicos I’m tipping the Phil Carman reference may go over their head too!

You’re not wrong on all counts by the way.

If they are too young to remember Peter Daicos I’m tipping the Phil Carman reference may go over their head too!

You’re not wrong on all counts by the way.

You’re right.
Carman pre Daicos ofcourse.
But just loved the idea of placing carman and Daicos together.

Think Darren Jarman skill either side of the body but only much better.

Any discussion about the merits of Peter Daicos are never unnecessary.

He was not just a freak goal kicker as you mentioned above.

I saw his earliest games in the centre and hard as it is to believe he was a better centre man than forward.
I remember reading a top 100 VFL players years ago, can't remember the author or the name of the book but it was published well before the AFL era, Daicos was in it, all's i remember about the Daicos part was "Carved his reputation as a centreman of freakish skills".

My favourite player OAT, reckon i was around 7 or 8 when he first hit the scene.

I remember reading a top 100 VFL players years ago, can't remember the author or the name of the book but it was published well before the AFL era, Daicos was in it, all's i remember about the Daicos part was "Carved his reputation as a centreman of freakish skills".

My favourite player OAT, reckon i was around 7 or 8 when he first hit the scene.
And a genuinely nice guy too. As a manager at a large hospitality venue in an unfriendly (to all things or people relating to Collingwood) town, I bought drinks for him, Sav, and Mick McGuanne. They all chatted with me over the next 2 hours, then as they were about to leave, I became embroiled in a situation (unrelated to them) but Daics made the other 2 wait until I had finished with the situation. He then proceeded thank me for the hospitality that I had shown. Of all the high profile Aus. People that I did that sort of thing for, he was the only one to ever go out of his way thank me like that.
He told some pretty funny footy stories, too.

And a genuinely nice guy too. As a manager at a large hospitality venue in an unfriendly (to all things or people relating to Collingwood) town, I bought drinks for him, Sav, and Mick McGuanne. They all chatted with me over the next 2 hours, then as they were about to leave, I became embroiled in a situation (unrelated to them) but Daics made the other 2 wait until I had finished with the situation. He then proceeded thank me for the hospitality that I had shown. Of all the high profile Aus. People that I did that sort of thing for, he was the only one to ever go out of his way thank me like that.
"He told some pretty funny footy stories, too."

Continue............

Never had the pleasure of meeting the great man but he's always come across as nice guy, never seemed to have a big head etc and always well spoken, was a bloody good commentator IMO but IMO got axed because of who he played for.

I have met Bucks and Paul Williams, they put their $2 on the pool table at the Tunnel one Friday night and we held the table, we made out like we didn't know who they were, very friendly guys, not great pool players though lol.

I remember watching young Peter come into the team and just let me say I have seen none better.
There are many YouTube reels on Peter the forward that pay tribute to his goal kicking skills but nothing really of his midfield dominance.
I've seen opposition coaches literally tearing at their hair trying to find a formula to limit his influence.

Taggers couldn't tag him, hard men couldn't nail him and I've seen him leave the best centre men of his time slack jawed and pop eyed in sheer awe.

I've seen players standing beside him at the first bounce with that 'deer in the headlights expression' because they knew what was coming and knew there was nothing they could do about it.

Simply incomparable.

Duran Duran principle.

They liked their name so much they named themselves twice.

View attachment 593779

They named themselves after a character from this movie.............

MV5BZWE1ZDc4ZGUtMzQ3ZS00OGEyLTkzYzYtMjkzMjk5N2Y4ODc4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDkzNTM2ODg@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,798,1000_AL_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back