Oct 4, 2021
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Leeds United

+ watch the video

He mentions he would love to keep the #35 if the club lets him
Also touches on the whole carlton thing. But said it was just a phase and that he was 100% with the pies. Josh comments Nick is a bit of a bandwagoner so our success probably helped lol
He seems a very grounded, level headed young man - we won't see any JDG-type antics from Nick!

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
lol had a bit of a strut amongst the Oakleigh boys so needs to be a tad more grounded but joining the big boys will certainly change that quickly

I think back to players like Walsh, Murphy, McCluggage and thinking they would be a long way off and whilst good players, didn’t they would get to the level they are or got to.

Think Daicos in 3 years and you think there is no boundaries at all!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Read the entire article and THEN watched the video, feel like I just spent the better part of an hour learning about Nick Daicos.

No ragrets
I watched the video first then the article haha. I just watched it again. Just makes you even more excited.

Loved every bit of it.

Also interesting the article says he formally agreed to the pies in July, but we didn't know about it until the end of the season - end of August.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
No chance Nick will be a dck like JDG - this one is driven to perfection just as his old man was. He lives and breathes football and his sporting heroes are driven and high achieving.

Has all the prerequisites for an outstanding career, it's in his hands as to how high he soars but I can't wait for him to swoop down on that ball in the pivot and leave 3 would be opponents gaping in stunned mullet surprise.

Last edited:

JuniorB

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2021
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No chance Nick will be a dck like JDG - this one is driven to perfection just as his old man was. He lives and breathes football and his sporting heroes are driven and high achieving.

Has all the prerequisites for an outstanding career, it's in his hands as to how high he soars but for on I can't wait for him to swoop down on that ball in the pivot and leave 3 would be opponents gaping in stunned mullet surprise.
Stunned BY the mullet?

JuniorB

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2021
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Has all the prerequisites for an outstanding career, it's in his hands as to how high he soars but for on I can't wait for him to swoop down on that ball in the pivot and leave 3 would be opponents gaping in stunned mullet surprise.
This was an interesting bit from the article: "More recently, Daicos has found inspiration in Giannis Antetokounmpo, the rising basketball champion who led the Milwaukee Bucks to this year's NBA championship but spent his time after the success talking about humility."

That seems to indicate that, like his dad, he will keep things in perspective, and let his footy do the talking.
Can't wait to see him run out onto The G in black & white!

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
This was an interesting bit from the article: "More recently, Daicos has found inspiration in Giannis Antetokounmpo, the rising basketball champion who led the Milwaukee Bucks to this year's NBA championship but spent his time after the success talking about humility."

That seems to indicate that, like his dad, he will keep things in perspective, and let his footy do the talking.
Can't wait to see him run out onto The G in black & white!
Yes agreed on both counts.

It's a lot that I read an article and watched a video that was posted on the AFL website? 🤭

Yes!!!!!! If he doesn't have 40 possessions & kick 5 goals on debut, I'm blaming you. How could you? :openmouth:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
He seems a very grounded, level headed young man - we won't see any JDG-type antics from Nick!

No far from it. Can see Nick being the ultimate professional in his preparation and his want to always improve his game. Just these things are huge steps in ensuring he is going to have a long, successful career.
Really impressed watching the "Going Places " video, how he would take Josh to the park to improve his game, so Josh could make the senior side....

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

I love the fact he lives and breathes footy. Would love all father and sons to be like that. Not sure about Kelly, Browns seem committed, Moore seems more interested in other things, Josh likes his footy but not to the same intensity as Nick. Nick will be a superstar.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love the fact he lives and breathes footy. Would love all father and sons to be like that. Not sure about Kelly, Browns seem committed, Moore seems more interested in other things, Josh likes his footy but not to the same intensity as Nick. Nick will be a superstar.
Has the makings - lots of things can happen though - fingers crossed.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
I honestly still can't get my head around that Nick, son of Peter, was a Carlton supporter.

How the hell did this abomination occur when your dad is arguably the greatest living Magpie of all?

Do we blame the mother? Grandparents?

Where did this Carlton loving influence come from?

We need answers quickly so Jett or Ayce aren't themselves seduced by the dark side.

I honestly still can't get my head around that Nick, son of Peter, was a Carlton supporter.

How the hell did this abomination occur when your dad is arguably the greatest living Magpie of all?

We need answers quickly so Jett or Ayce aren't themselves seduced by the dark side.

He was Best Mates with SOS's Kids

You don't know the story? he explains it in the video. He was 6 or 7, and he used to play footy with one of the silvani kids. SOS got him a guernsey. he ran out with the team. They got him a locker. His fav player was Marc Murphy.

Basically was brainwashed.

But he calls it a phase. Its over now.

Peter never talked about his footy days, so doubt Nick even knew about his legacy. Kids are easy seceptible.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
You don't know the story? he explains it in the video. He was 6 or 7, and he used to play footy with one of the silvani kids. SOS got him a guernsey. he ran out with the team. They got him a locker. His fav player was Marc Murphy.

Basically was brainwashed.

But he calls it a phase. Its over now.

Peter never talked about his footy days, so doubt Nick even knew about his legacy. Kids are easy seceptible.

Parenting fail by Peter I'm afraid.;)

When Silvagni first came sniffing around that was the moment Peter needed to break out the highlights tape and introduce young Nick to President Ed who would have arranged for Silvagni to wake up with a pigs arse in his bed.

Nice try you Blue bastards!

IMG_0314.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back