List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faux and arrogance.. if that's part of his make up.. good! Educating him to pull his head in for this and that and all that and that re.. well what are you effectively doing and that re.. handing over the ascendancy to your opponent/s. Building another team of cyborgs. Richmond are pigs mate.

TBH I’m a little over it myself.

He’s signed a contract to play for Collingwood for the next four years and he’s talking about being upset that GWS didn’t speak to him. It’s alright to be upset, but use it as motivation don’t tell the world. That one’s easily deflected by saying “there’s a lot of talented guys in the pool so for them not to speak to me says more for their quality than anything else” because for all Daicos knows they didn’t speak to him because Collingwood and GWS have a nudge nudge wink wink relationship on the bid. His management need to take some responsibility for that comment because surely he’s had enough media training to know that’s not what Collingwood fans want him saying.

Don’t get me wrong I’m all in on him talent wise he’s the best in the draft, but I haven’t enjoyed him doing the rounds of late and the humility that he’s been said to have has been lacking, IMO.

Yes, he’ll walk out in Rd 1 as one of our best 10-15 players. I think it gets lost in the wash a bit because he’s only now draft eligible, but if he were a week older he’d probably have 15-20 AFL matches under his belt and in 2021 he was a professional footballer after graduating school in 2020.
Yep and wanting to go as high as possible knowing that will hurt the club in its ability to bring quality players in is just a ludicrous statement. Use it as motivation, don’t give the opposition and media ammunition!!

I can see it now, first sign of a poor game or not playing the media will be all over the comments pre draft. Poor play, and good comment on the player manager he should really be coaching him.

Yep and wanting to go as high as possible knowing that will hurt the club in its ability to bring quality players in is just a ludicrous statement. Use it as motivation, don’t give the opposition and media ammunition!!

I can see it now, first sign of a poor game or not playing the media will be all over the comments pre draft. Poor play, and good comment on the player manager he should really be coaching him.
Reminded me of something a young Nathan Buckley would have said. The article Jen2310 posted summed it up well, confidence vs the perception of arrogance. I like his drive and focus, but there’s a fine balance in public comments potentially being taken the wrong way.

Reminded me of something a young Nathan Buckley would have said. The article Jen2310 posted summed it up well, confidence vs the perception of arrogance. I like his drive and focus, but there’s a fine balance in public comments potentially being taken the wrong way.
He's a Collingwood player you can count on the media take the dark spin at every opportunity.

Probably a contrary opinion, I feel he’s pumping up his own tires too much. I get that most plays will think that way, and he’s saying what he thinks…it is refreshing however he is healing expectation on himself and even more pressure. He’s already the son of a great, highly regarded…expectations will be sky high, don’t make it worse.

If I was an opposition player, I’d be looking at him as smug little so and so and id make sure he earns his stripes. Look what we did to Jack Watts, guy never recovered.

Go listen to any interview Jack Watts does. He never had the same mindset or level of confidence that Nick Daicos is showing.

The beauty is, we have a group of coaches who will do the right thing by Nick, which unfortunately for Jack there wasn't the same level of care.

Jesus, there's a lot of pressure on the kid considering he hasn't even been drafted, let alone played a game. Hope he has some resilience because that's a lot.

Given that this thread was started in 2017, then yeah, there is some hype and expectations.

Go listen to any interview Jack Watts does. He never had the same mindset or level of confidence that Nick Daicos is showing.

The beauty is, we have a group of coaches who will do the right thing by Nick, which unfortunately for Jack there wasn't the same level of care.
Yet still got smashed by our players for being a hot shot number 1 pick. AFL Is not the game you want to have a target on your back

Good thing it doesn't seem to bother him too much.

Too soon to really tell one way or the other.

Obviously we’re all excited for him and hope that he does well. And we can look for all the reasons in the world to suggest that he will.

But it all still remains to become a reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see derek is going to talk to the AFL site people again later today.... i wonder what he can add to last week's interview or the week before that...

"[A few years later] he was at a camp down at Deakin, and I hadn't seen him in a while but he was doing a bit of stuff and I thought: 'He's a little bit better than I thought he was!'"

Evidently derek saw that Nick was born in January and told the rest of the recruiting staff that since he wasnt born in December, he was useless....plus derek didn't much like the support his family was giving him

There's a big part of me that would love him to keep the 35 for his career.. yet there's something poetic about wearing it for year one and then moving on. Its like graduating from being Peter Daicos' kid, to being his own man.

Too excited.

There's a big part of me that would love him to keep the 35 for his career.. yet there's something poetic about wearing it for year one and then moving on. Its like graduating from being Peter Daicos' kid, to being his own man.

Too excited.
he did say in the going places doco, he would like to keep it, but will have to wait and see what the club decides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back