Toast Nick Dal Santo - 300 games (260 great ones with us) - Announced Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-08/nick-dal-santo-officially-hangs-up-the-boots

Nick Dal Santo officially hangs up the boots

NICK Dal Santo has officially announced his retirement from football after a 15-year career with St Kilda and North Melbourne.

"I’d like to sincerely thank the St. Kilda F.C and North Melbourne F.C, along with all the dedicated supporters, for allowing me to play the game I love for 15 years."

Dal Santo played 322 matches after being drafted by the Saints with pick No.13 in the 2001 NAB AFL Draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-08/nick-dal-santo-officially-hangs-up-the-boots

NICK Dal Santo has officially announced his retirement from football after a 15-year career with St Kilda and North Melbourne.

"I’d like to sincerely thank the St. Kilda F.C and North Melbourne F.C, along with all the dedicated supporters, for allowing me to play the game I love for 15 years."

Dal Santo played 322 matches after being drafted by the Saints with pick No.13 in the 2001 NAB AFL Draft.
What a sad day.

What a sad day.

Silver lining - he only qualifies for father-sons at St Kilda :thumbsu:

A foot soldier with a touch of class!? Crikey, underselling him a bit there methinks, as evidenced by two top 3 finishes in the Brownlow!
Did I mention he could shimmy better than anyone or is that too much.

Wanna start a thread about our no doubt ambiguous feelings about Dal?

I'm sure everyone here values Dal highly for his character and style of footy and wishes him well. Reckon he will do well and is a genuine guy, highly intelligent and very personable.

image.jpeg

Pick 13 2001 from the Bendigo Pioneers. Bargain.

Last edited:
Yes he plays for norf and i know.

But he was a gun player for us who was smooth as silk with skills and a consisatat performer for us over the years.

Well done Nick Dal Santo for 300 games of afl footy.

Was one of my all time favorite players when he first started was injured torn his quad came back in late and gathered 26 disposals and dominated and thought jesus this guy will be special always a true sainter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a very good player Nick, you wonder if the FA chance to chase a premiership might be over sold to some of these older players. He might have been better off staying with us and retiring a one club champion and if we'd made finals we might have been keen to limp him into another challenge. Either way he was a champion player and a champion guy.

He was a very good player Nick, you wonder if the FA chance to chase a premiership might be over sold to some of these older players. He might have been better off staying with us and retiring a one club champion and if we'd made finals we might have been keen to limp him into another challenge. Either way he was a champion player and a champion guy.

Not sure it was completely his choice though.
Will always be a great Saint, second club or not.

agreed, think the club more or less pushed him out. he was pretty keen to stay after he triggered the extra year in his contract from all reports.
He explicitly stated his preference was to stay at the saints at the time. The club decided we'd be better off with cap room + compo + Delaney (ultimately probably the right decision). He did the right thing by the club and moved on without complaint.

He explicitly stated his preference was to stay at the saints at the time. The club decided we'd be better off with cap room + compo + Delaney (ultimately probably the right decision). He did the right thing by the club and moved on without complaint.
And he has never bad mouthed the saints.

He was/is all class. The player and the man.

As some of you may recall, I was insufferably gutted when Dal left. I could take plenty of the things that had happened since things fell apart in 2011, but Dal leaving did me in.

Will always be Nicholas of the Saint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back