Nostradamus Lives Nick Dal Santo to Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why North would want to give up anything for Dal Santo. He has 1-2 seasons left in him, not worth giving up much for that let alone a 2nd rd pick plus a player. Better option for both clubs is Dal Santo leaving as a free agent.

Because he actually has more like 3 to 4 seasons still left in him?
Not all footballers fall apart at 30yo and Dal Santo has the body and injury record of someone who will play till their mid 30s.

Of course theres a risk that he may not, but I put the odds on him playing in 4 years at higher then them not.

Because he actually has more like 3 to 4 seasons still left in him?
Not all footballers fall apart at 30yo and Dal Santo has the body and injury record of someone who will play till their mid 30s.

Of course theres a risk that he may not, but I put the odds on him playing in 4 years at higher then them not.

Things however can change very quickly from year 2 to year 3.

One of THE pickups of the trade period if done. North should be pushing hard.
Copped the heavy tag most of his career and still getting it with a depleted midfield at saints the last yr or two. North lack class..Dal Santo ticks every box they need. Decision making under pressure, immaculate delivery...becomes infectious thru a list with an injection of class.
The "30yo" line to me is not something u blanket a comp with...must be treated individually. Can see thias guy playing till 35..and even at 15 possies a game he'd help win his fair share of games being seriously damaging...will get even smarter as his body drops off i reckon...see it so often in the class players. Dal Santo has survived unscathed by being the bloke you do everything to keep released and get the ball in his hands...rather than the crash and bash you can develop in house. North have a cpl of hard heads in the making plus Swallow but lack damage with the ball in hand especially under pressure. Also he's never injured, HUGE bonus, so u get that consistency of onfield leadership for younger players.
If he's on the table they shouldnt stuff about...would be a fair bit more interest than people think out there. He's a "young" 30yo and class is permanent.

One of THE pickups of the trade period if done. North should be pushing hard.
Copped the heavy tag most of his career and still getting it with a depleted midfield at saints the last yr or two. North lack class..Dal Santo ticks every box they need. Decision making under pressure, immaculate delivery...becomes infectious thru a list with an injection of class.
The "30yo" line to me is not something u blanket a comp with...must be treated individually. Can see thias guy playing till 35..and even at 15 possies a game he'd help win his fair share of games being seriously damaging...will get even smarter as his body drops off i reckon...see it so often in the class players. Dal Santo has survived unscathed by being the bloke you do everything to keep released and get the ball in his hands...rather than the crash and bash you can develop in house. North have a cpl of hard heads in the making plus Swallow but lack damage with the ball in hand especially under pressure. Also he's never injured, HUGE bonus, so u get that consistency of onfield leadership for younger players.
If he's on the table they shouldnt stuff about...would be a fair bit more interest than people think out there. He's a "young" 30yo and class is permanent.

Good insight.

Good insight.
To be honest..i really dont understand the lack of press devoted to this potential move.
Its been awhile since the guy has been involved in great wins and big games, or being that superb cool calm distributor under pressure that every club wants..wins games.

Multiple All Australian midfielder that got the hard tag most of the time, close to a brownlow a few times too. Been super elite and one of the big guns from that brilliant 2001 draft. Bartel actually won a Brownlow but the same damaging type for mine tho different types of games of course. Bartel's the same age isnt he ? If Bartel was playing for a bottom 4-6 club right now he wouldnt be looking half the player either.

Easy see him playing till 35....and its usually chronically expensive to buy class coz all coaches know it transofrms a list. Same as Goddard at the Dons...inject that higher skillset and it drags others up and becomes endemic.
Cant see us being able to afford him...but geeezus i'd want to be at least right there in the queue asking the question. I'm assuming he's become a "dont touch" or cut our grass with other clubs, coz the potential move has been news for a long time.

Easy see him playing till 35....and its usually chronically expensive to buy class coz all coaches know it transofrms a list. Same as Goddard at the Dons...inject that higher skillset and it drags others up and becomes endemic.

Easy? Maybe at the absolute most. And even then he'll be playing as a forward pocket half the time.

Easy? Maybe at the absolute most. And even then he'll be playing as a forward pocket half the time.
Wont play as a FP ever.
The way the game is played now it would only be a short sighted fool that doesnt see him as a HBFer in latter yrs or even straight away.
Clubs that are winning have quality distributors and readers of the play behind the ball...pretty much your best kicks and playmakers are being played behind the ball.
Its an interchangeable role now HBF/Mid...u dont need to be a hard head nor great pace to play behind the ball directing attack.

Ryan OKeefe won a Norm Smith at 31. How old is Brian Lake ? 31 also ? 31 ish ?
Thats just the last 2 yrs.
Bartel is older than Dal Santo i think too. Should Geelong treat Bartel as washed up ?

LEADERS that have been there done that...guys that have done it in massive games over and over whilst being tagged and playing on other big names. Just coz they're now at bottom 4 clubs doesnt mean they are discards...if u cannot see beyond the bleeding obvious nor prepared to take even a minor risk then u get nowhere...and this particular bloke also offers something that is rare as a sweetener...he would be playing week in week out even thru niggles. Just got to look at him, his build, and his resilience to date to see the longevity in him. Its actually a riskier prospect to back against him playing till 34-35.

Wont play as a FP ever.
The way the game is played now it would only be a short sighted fool that doesnt see him as a HBFer in latter yrs or even straight away.
Clubs that are winning have quality distributors and readers of the play behind the ball...pretty much your best kicks and playmakers are being played behind the ball.
Its an interchangeable role now HBF/Mid...u dont need to be a hard head nor great pace to play behind the ball directing attack.

Ryan OKeefe won a Norm Smith at 31. How old is Brian Lake ? 31 also ? 31 ish ?
Thats just the last 2 yrs.
Bartel is older than Dal Santo i think too. Should Geelong treat Bartel as washed up ?

LEADERS that have been there done that...guys that have done it in massive games over and over whilst being tagged and playing on other big names. Just coz they're now at bottom 4 clubs doesnt mean they are discards...if u cannot see beyond the bleeding obvious nor prepared to take even a minor risk then u get nowhere...and this particular bloke also offers something that is rare as a sweetener...he would be playing week in week out even thru niggles. Just got to look at him, his build, and his resilience to date to see the longevity in him. Its actually a riskier prospect to back against him playing till 34-35.
Nailed it with those last 3 posts mate:thumbsu:

He was a big Dons fan as a kid yeah ?
Makes sense and be a great pick up.
Sheedy once said he was his #1 target for the Dons when young but never did anything about it.

Would luv it if we chased him, but might be a committed melb guy and cant see how we could anyway.
Got a feeling there's a lot of good footy left in him.

Nice to see a good, non controversial and non questionable injection at Windy Hill!!

(Gaddard coulda/shoulda been Blue from day 1 in the league --- bloody salary cap cheating :()

No drafts pick lost by NM, super move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back