Past Nick Hayes (2012-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

BwxWlr9CQAADWKn.jpg

Nick Hayes
Woodville-West Torrens
188cm/82kg
11/8/94

The former Brisbane Lions rookie might have given himself another shot at an AFL career with a consistent season for Woodville-West Torrens. Smart and courageous, Hayes can play in the forward line and defence but has grown into his role as a big midfielder with clean skills.

Per AFL website article on mature age talent, was surprised when he was let go, seemed like someone who had great skills...was just struggling to put on size

Was always going to end up in a midfield role. Had the smarts and skill. He deserves another go. Great contested mark too. As unlikely as it is, we could do worse than giving him another shot.
was it purely the physical side of things that let him down you reckon?

I thought he was a victim of a changeover in coaches basically similar to couple of other players who copped relatively harsh delistings when Leppa came in

I'd say it counted towards it yes. But probably not the whole reason for his delisting either. He was always going to take longer to develop. Looked very promising as a junior I thought. He was worth persisting with and I was surprised at his delisting. Hopefully he gets another chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back