Recommitted Nick Haynes [re-signed in five year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

I watch plenty, he could not get in last year and he wouldn't this year.

I suppose your an expert on our team as well LOL
Steele would replace De Boer, Taranto or Deledio... just because you no longer have him on your list doesn't mean you need to underrate the * out of him. Great player.

He's very similar to Hopper but a poorer version. Big bodied, cracks in, lacks agility and finesse.
I'm not sure about the agility and finesse points. If you mean athleticism when you say agility, then fair enough, he's never going to burst away from a pack like Shiel, but Steele is very good in tight situations with his foot work. Reminds me a lot of Lenny Hayes with his finesse around stoppages. Seems untacklable at times.

He's very similar to Hopper but a poorer version. Big bodied, cracks in, lacks agility and finesse.
I don't think a lack of finesse is your problem though. You guys needed someone that was going to crack in and win a bit more contested footy when the game was on the line and Steele is also one of the best tacklers in the game.

Steele actually gets more of the footy than Hopper at a higher efficiency. And he's a tough campaigner, which is what you needed on the weekend.

Steele would replace De Boer, Taranto or Deledio... just because you no longer have him on your list doesn't mean you need to underrate the **** out of him. Great player.
I actually dont think we'd swap him with Taranto. He would compete with De Boer for a spot but not Deledio. No doubt he would have played at least as many games fir us as he did for you this year if he stayed though.

You need to calm down and not lose your s**t over a bigfooty thread.

Maybe it turns out maybe it doesn't but it has come from a good source.

And. Steele would walk into the side from last night; you should watch more footy.
you're obviously talking about Steele Sidebottom here.

I don't think a lack of finesse is your problem though. You guys needed someone that was going to crack in and win a bit more contested footy when the game was on the line and Steele is also one of the best tacklers in the game.

Steele actually gets more of the footy than Hopper at a higher efficiency. And he's a tough campaigner, which is what you needed on the weekend.

Setterfield and Taranto have 20 lengths on him. Wait until next year ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setterfield and Taranto have 20 lengths on him. Wait until next year ;)
Mate I'm not getting into who's going to have a better career. I just think he's exactly the type of player you were lacking through the finals series. I think your midfield needs to toughen up before you take the next step. The talent is there no doubt.

Taranto is going to be an amazing player, but talent isn't the issue at GWS.

Haynes re-signed his last contract early & was really happy to stay. Not going anywhere - add that rumour to the rest that have died a painful death this year (and last year, and the year before too!).

Steele would have been useful to have this year, particularly given the injury toll, but it would appear he didn't want to compete with Hopper & Matty Kennedy for Griffen's spot in the longer term and presumably TPP/$ was a part of that. But he wouldn't have taken anyone's spot in the PF team except for de Boer's. It's a fairly irrelevant argument to have in this thread.

He's significantly better than Hopper
Perhaps if you go and urinate in your toilet, we'll urinate in ours, and avoiding a pissing contest in a completely unrelated thread. Needless to say, GWS would disagree with this, as Steele didn't hold his spot when Hopper was available last year. This thread could do with some mopping up now!

Gaints fans complain about people being delusional, yet rate Hopper ahead of Steele.

Hopper was pretty meh this season, Steele had a much better year.

Hopper's rep is skewed by that 32 & 9 clearances he had on debut in a 91 point win over Gold Coast.

Since then, he's only managed 20 touches in 3/22 games and never had more than 5 clearances.

Steele was considerably better this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back