Recommitted Nick Haynes [re-signed in five year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Kennedy, Nick Haynes, Adam Tomlinson, Jon Patton, Jeremy Cameron, Matt Buntine, Steve Coniglio, Dylan Shiel, Zac Williams are all apparently RFA at end of 2019 or 2020. Add in Ward at 2021 apparently.

I think there must be some misinformation around GWS contract statuses.

They are the 10 I found as RFA.

This is not taking into account Davis, Greene, Shaw, now Kelly, and to a lesser extent Scully, maybe Griffen or Mumford?

Surely Greene is a top 10 player

Basically don't pay any attention to anyone or any site claiming player X is an RFA for anything other than the current year, regardless of the club. Whereever you found the info can only be figuring out RFA/UFA based off term served without any thought put in to the salary requirements. Only the AFL knows the correct weight on that and they only issue their lists in the year in question because contract movements in previous years makes any list earlier than that pointless.

I'd definitely say that Kennedy, Buntine and Williams would not be in the top 10 list regardless; Cameron, Shiel and Coniglio (and Kelly) probably would be even in two years time; Haynes and Patton tend to re-sign quite quickly which suggests they might not be on massive deals, and who knows with Tomlinson.

Of the other names you're throwing up, Mumford and Griffen will almost definitely not be on the list by the end of 2019 so don't matter for figuring RFA status, and Shaw might not be either though he definitely won't be on a big deal. Scully has already re-signed for a massively reduced deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back