Nick Holman - 2 weeks- overturned, free to play

I really feel sorry for Nick as he executes a stunning rundown and tackle and gets a two week ban. It's disappointing that an accidental concussion occurred however this wasn't even worth reviewing, let alone the two weeks. As others have said, the MRP and their processes need an urgent review.

We all need to make some social media noise about this.

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
BTW this is a perfect example of PROPER technique when performing chase down tackle with arm pinned. Notice Cyril drops to the ground which produces downward force instead of forward momentum - this protects the player being tackled from having their head launch forward into the turf (unable to brace impact because arm is pinned).

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Suns have to challenge that.

Sucks to lose Duncan for six quarters of footy, but he'll be okay and that's just the way it goes sometimes. I don't think Holman did anything wrong.

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Correct decision - can't pin the arm and drive them head first into the turf. I thought it would be 3 weeks based on previous situations but happy with 2. Once you pin an arm in a tackle you have a responsibility to ensure you don't put the opponents head into the turf.
Surely you’re trolling. The outcome was unfortunate, but that was seemingly the perfect chase down tackle.

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
You're a w***er mate, if this was the other way around you'd be the type of nuffie screaming Geelong bias etc.
I've watched Tom Hawkins get suspended for touching a persons neck - I no longer apply any logic to these decisions. MRP is based on outcome and according to current rules he is right to be suspended.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Correct decision - can't pin the arm and drive them head first into the turf. I thought it would be 3 weeks based on previous situations but happy with 2. Once you pin an arm in a tackle you have a responsibility to ensure you don't put the opponents head into the turf.
Surely you were pushing for Duncan to be suspended for his hit on Aaron Hall a few weeks back, right? Once you jump in the air and turn your back you have a responsibility to ensure you don’t put an opponent’s head into next week, right?

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Waiting for Christian to come out and call it the easiest decision he ever made and incorrectly state that both arms were pinned.

Who has he got photos of, do you think?

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Waiting for Christian to come out and call it the easiest decision he ever made and incorrectly state that both arms were pinned.

Who has he got photos of, do you think?
In all fairness to him (I can’t believe I’m saying that)
It comes down to the blanket grading system. The grading system automatically puts the emphasis on the outcome.. surely after an appeal to the tribunal it gets thrown out.

GearUp

Draftee
Jun 16, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
The perfect tackle and awarded as such.

The Match Review panel has completely lost the plot. If this is upheld, the Gold Coast should take the AFL to Court. Appalling decision.

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
BTW this is a perfect example of PROPER technique when performing chase down tackle with arm pinned. Notice Cyril drops to the ground which produces downward force instead of forward momentum - this protects the player being tackled from having their head launch forward into the turf (unable to brace impact because arm is pinned).

Player handballed it away, not much of a tackle.

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Another week and another WTF MRO decision.
Seriously AFL, get rid of this guy who doesn't have a clue.

You must wonder what he has over the AFL to be still in his job.

BigRedRoo

Club Legend
May 17, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Duncan's arm was grabbed and he couldn't use it to protect his head.
That said no way is this the fault of Holman who has correctly tackled and awarded a free for HTB.
If this is the standard then grabbing the arm has to go.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC

So perfect that the player was able to dispose of the ball cleanly and Cyril didn't even get a free.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I've watched Tom Hawkins get suspended for touching a persons neck - I no longer apply any logic to these decisions. MRP is based on outcome and according to current rules he is right to be suspended.
The fact that you call it 'touching a person's neck' pretty much invalidates any argument you have.
I've also seen Hawkins get off multiple time for punching blokes in the face. Here's one example that he got off...
1621897193572.png

1621897241548.png

1621897283527.png

First the jaw, then went back for a second punch to the neck...
1621897371130.png

Back